• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
I would feel that the Mafia has an even greater advantage than they would have had if a less experienced townie should get lynched. And that wouldn't be so good, would it. Because right now Axle has 3 votes more than any other player in this game, that's quite a bit more than everyone else. Then of course, if he turns out to be a mafioso, that would be grand!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Aside from my two main suspicions, I'd like to tap on a few others. Notably Fig, zelda_geek, PK Flash, Jedizora, and MonkeyFightSquad, two of which expressed an interest in getting the game rolling but have been reserved otherwise (with only one post at that - Jedizora, MonkeyFightSquad). The remaining three have had no posts at all. I'm willing to bet by the experience I see among the group, at least 2 of them are mafia hanging back.

At the same time, I like how you bring up a list of [mostly] inactives right after I make a few observations on your playstyle. That's not a very revealing move on your part, as you might legitimately be presenting other suspects. But it also demonstrates that you might be trying to cover for yourself.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
At the same time, I like how you bring up a list of [mostly] inactives right after I make a few observations on your playstyle. That's not a very revealing move on your part, as you might legitimately be presenting other suspects. But it also demonstrates that you might be trying to cover for yourself.

As could you sir. Essentially this has now become a battle of who covers their tracks the best. Shall we play the deflection game? Or shall it be a battle of wits? Dun dun dunnnnnn....

Kybyrian

Thareous said:

I don't see how that covers for my playstyle. I didn't even read your reply until I posted

In fact, we posted at the exact same time. Your reply wasn't even there when I was typing mine. I wouldn't be able to look at how many posts every person had and then compose a list in just a few seconds of your reply.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current Vote Tally:

4 - Axle the Beast (PokaLink, Violet, Durion, Kybyrian)
1 – Violet (GirlWithAFairy)
1 – Shorter Day (Darknut_Hunter)
1 - Durion (Jedizora)
1 - Kybyrian (Dracomajora)
1 – Day ending on November 21st (TheMasterSword)

11 votes needed for a majoraty lynch. Day ends on 11/24/2012 at 11:00PM ET.

Last edited:
Vote: Darknut_Hunter

This is not the time to end the day, and yes, one part of the reason why is the vote count against me. Right now, voting to shorten the day is a vote to end discussion and rush my lynch. That's suspicious. I am one of the most experienced players right now, and lynching me prematurely is a poor move no matter how you slice it. I don't think Ky is scum (though he's making poor judgments), but Darknut's just been acting weird in general.

If you guys want to end the day, then maybe vote? Start a bandwagon and hammer to get a majority lynch if you want things to move so bad. Commit to something. Noncommittal posts are scummy.

Ah! But you can't say that for sure because no one knows if you're town or scum. Perhaps I could have just pinpointed two scum right off the bat, and boy would that not be helpful for the town? For you to judge whether my observations were helpful or not is nothing; no one knows if they're correct or not. That's the glory in mafia. You bat on me and tell me I'm not being helpful at all in my accusations, but you've no place to make that remark.
I actually do know if they're correct or not. That should be obvious? The point is I can't prove it to anyone else; the same point the statement you're targeting me was making.

In general mostly, but if you only put a modicum of pressure on one person they're never going to slip up. It's something you need to go with your instincts on.
:yes:

The way you keep refusing to answer one simple question makes me feel even more confident about my vote.
As I said, Ky's judgment is poor, but as of right now I think your vote is misplaced. He's not behaving scummy. He's just being thickheaded. :P

As could you sir. Essentially this has now become a battle of who covers their tracks the best. Shall we play the deflection game? Or shall it be a battle of wits? Dun dun dunnnnnn....
...what?

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, I'll throw my vote in there as well. We've seen a couple of players who want to shorten the day, and Darknut_Hunter seems to be the one leading that whole "movemont".

I'm wondering, are we really gonna get anywhere in another 12 days?

Exactly.....isn't there something you can do to petition a shorter day? At least by half.....

Well seeing as there is still over a week left to this day period alone, and that there are others who seem to share my thoughts, I'd like to motion that days become shorter and that this day end sooner. If I need to put a vote to it I will if that suits you Rainy.

Vote: Shorter Day

I think I've explained my opinions well enough in previous posts.

Vote: Darknut_Hunter

Since you guys seem so intent on overanalyzing what I said, let me give you a little history:

Many Mafia games have resulted in huge debates over whether or not to lynch me. Many times I've been killed Day 1 or Night 1 by the Town or the Mafia. Both seem to regard me as a serious threat.

Now obviously whatever I claim to be, you can't trust me. Anyone can be any role. So every time in the past I've claimed to be town, I've amended that to "of course I claim town; I'd claim that no matter what I actually was". At some point I stopped even doing that, and, like in this game, refuse to claim at all. You don't have any reason to trust me so I won't pretend you do; my stance is obviously that I am a townie. But I will never be able to prove that.

So at this stage, as a peace offering to other players (and frankly just smart playing), I suggest the best move is to lynch me eventually no matter how the game is going, because it's hard to distinguish between my playstyles. But the key is to do it eventually, but leave me alive for a while so I can help in case I am townie. This is what I do and I don't see any harm in it.

Again, history has shown a lot of early killing of me, and sometimes I was scum, sometimes I was town. Statistically, I will be town more often. And if you really think my post was that scummy, then have a look at some previous games:

I'm feeling pretty suspicious of Axle... Telling everyone to be careful of who they accuse and trust... It seems to me like he's really trying to convince everyone he's a Townie. Especially the bit with the being a Mafia last game. That would make people think he's not a Mafia again, but there is no rule that I know of the stops one person from being aligned to the same faction twice in a row.
That's fair. Additionally my posts have been very hard and cold. I apologize for wording things in such a way as to imply I'm not this game. Of course I'm going to say "I'm not Mafia", but I have no proof and your wariness is completely founded.
Was townie. Killed by the Mafia late game.

Umm, I agree with Axle, It was just a Jedi mind trick. But then again, what if Axle is trying to throw us off too. Maybe I don't know what I'm saying either... My head hurts.
Exactly. I could be trying to throw you off. At no point should you just take me word for it, because you can't trust anyone in this game. Look at the facts, look at my argument and the posts I refer to and make your own assessment.
This was Majora's Mask Mafia (4) and I was a Townie... with an extremely useful power role. Jo got a bandwagon going again me late in the first half of the game, roughly, and obviously regretted it later.

And, why should we trust you, again?
What part of my post asked you to trust me? Need I remind you that I'm always saying don't trust anyone, including in this game?
Same game. Actually it reminds me a lot of this, because Jo was pretty militant against me. While Ky is less so, he's doing the same thing she did: Being dodgy and having abstract reasoning.

I have no interest in roleclaiming, even claiming to be a townie, but needless to say my official stance is that I am town, and given that your investigation of me claims this is a fact, I am slightly more convinced of your innocence, if not your trustworthiness.
This was Batman Mafia (5). Interestingly, I was Mafia in this game. The Godfather no less. Jo was the Cop and investigated me, and of course I was shown to be innocent. If I recall that was the only major suspicion I received during that game. I did die, but from hammering a bomb, not from being lynched (we still won, too). I was rather trusted in this game, ironically, and often bandwagoned in later games as a result. This is why I say it: Do not trust me. When I am Mafia, it won't look any different. But in every other game, I am a valuable ally. So don't kill me early, but don't let me live until the very end ever.

And here's another fact. Josh hasn't exactly contributed a lot this game. I have. Now I could still be scum, but given that I'm trying to spur activity (and even complaining that I'm the only one posting), if I'm killed and I'm the wrong lynch, then that's going to hurt the Town. And not that you have any reason to believe me, but I'm trying to help the Town. Even if I'm the Serial Killer (which frankly I'm more likely to be, since Keyshe was hitting me so hard for like 2 Days), my priorities would be to hunt Mafia, as there are so many left alive.
Ah, this is my personal favorite. This was Pokemafia, and I was the Serial Killer. I was actually telling the absolute truth here, though I acknowledged they couldn't trust me: I was trying to help the Town. As a Serial Killer, I couldn't win with too many Mafia live, so I was scrambling to kill more Mafia. Towards the end of the game I claimed Serial Killer and worked with the Town, because my nightkill immunity and nightkill powers were the only thing keeping the Town alive at that point and I needed their trust. Keeping me alive as a confirmed Serial Killer guaranteed a Town victory at the end.

It's also a huge testament to my skill as a player and proof they're not empty claims: I killed more Mafia that game than any other player, nailing many of them (and the Cop, to boot), so I'm a sharp investigator. I was also able to survive until the late game as a Serial Killer.

And maybe I provided distraction for someone else to just sneak in and post something extremely suspicious, very unlikely, because I'm pro-town trying to have fun with a game. We don't have to be super serious throughout the entire game. Its the first day. But, if you really think that I'm worthy of a lynch, be my guest.
Yes, you're pro-town, same as I. That statement means nothing, just as your roleclaim means nothing. It's a statement that cannot be trusted nor relied on in any way shape or form. No, we don't have to be super serious and you might have noticed I made a few jokes myself a few pages ago, but first day is still part of the game. And no matter what, every action is a part of the game and should be scrutinized, joke or otherwise. As I said, Mafia distract, and jokes can be distracting even if Townies do them too, so I don't intend to rule out jokes if they feel weird. Your actions don't sit right with me.
Included from earlier in the same game to illustrate why I make this point. David was acting suspicious to me, and one of his defending lines was "I am pro-town". This is utterly empty. Anyone can claim this. That's why I say this line so often.

He implied he was town on the first day, this is without a doubt suspicious.

Here he is using bad logic trying to cover for himself. He is showing that he has been backed into a corner.

Everyone claims they are Town. You can basically assume that is their stance without bothering to ask, so I fail to see where you're coming from at all. And his "bad logic", is...?
In this game I was a townie, and the bomb.

Bottom line: I've made this statement totally independant of role, and it is a regular behavior. If you think I'm suspicious before it, you'd better have a good extended reason.

EBWODP: "Since you guys seem so intent on overanalyzing what I said, let me give you a little history:"

Didn't mean to make that sound so combative, and I realize no one's said that in a while. Sorry. This is my last post on the subject of my "questionable" post, and it's my final explanation for it. If you're going to vote for me because of it... then I've got nothing else to say.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't see how that covers for my playstyle. I didn't even read your reply until I posted.

I had said cover for yourself, not cover for your playstyle. In the reply before your inactives-list post (on the previous page), I was presenting observations concerning your playstyle, but not speaking specifically of it here.

In fact, we posted at the exact same time. Your reply wasn't even there when I was typing mine. I wouldn't be able to look at how many posts every person had and then compose a list in just a few seconds of your reply.

Fair enough. It only came across as suspicious to me that you'd compiled an "inactives" list right after that post, but I made the call on misunderstood grounds. It hadn't crossed my mind to look at the timestamps.

---

Getting back on track with current events, I was never directly wary about Darknut_Hunter voting for a Day-shortening. At the time it only seemed justified by the fact that nothing much was happening. But things are obviously going on now, and his request could be either a means of lynching Axle early (possible Mafia route, as I read it), or ensuring that it doesn't die due to inactivity (possible Town route, as I read it). Still, as with everyone else, I'm going to give him a chance to explain.

Also, can't believe I read over this.

Meanwhile I still have suspicions on the others. The way the dialogue between Kybyrian and Axle is going, I'd almost say that they're planning something together. The responses have this kind of feel for me. It's not uncommon for fellow mafia members to coordinate against each other in a game in order to stir up confusion.

I'd be inclined to share this view as well, except that the Current Vote Tally shows that Kybyrian has voted for Axle, and so far shows no sign of lifting his vote. Doesn't make much sense that he'd go for Axle, should they both be mafioso, while Axle clearly has the top number of votes thusly, yet that's how Mafia works. They still have time to back away from having Axle in the lead, of course. And by the looks of it, they might be swinging their attention toward Darknut_Hunter...possibly for calling them out?

For that reason, I'm withholding my vote on DH; still allowing him a chance to explain, and waiting for events to develop.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I'd be inclined to share this view as well, except that the Current Vote Tally shows that Kybyrian has voted for Axle, and so far shows no sign of lifting his vote. Doesn't make much sense that he'd go for Axle, should they both be mafioso, while Axle clearly has the top number of votes thusly, yet that's how Mafia works. They still have time to back away from having Axle in the lead, of course. And by the looks of it, they might be swinging their attention toward Darknut_Hunter...possibly for calling them out?

What if DH isnt calling them out? What if hes just playing a part of a plan? He could be deflecting onto others to hide that he is one of them. He did get awfully defensive there for a min, especially because of the FoS... Possibly because he slipped up? He could be using TMS and Durion as shields to make himself look like a townie and thats why he included them in the 3 mentioned... or they could be involved in the plan too. Hmmmm... where to go from here.

Kybyrian

You talk waaaaay too much Axle

DH isn't scum, of that I can assure you

And how do I know that? because lol you're scum and not him!

ebwodp

Though knowing the players they won't listen to me even after he turns out to be townie. I could probably be NKed and still no one would jump on Axle. Ha, following this luck there'll be a strongman anyway, so it wouldn't even matter if I was Doc'd. Whatever man. Gonna let the scum create his own bandwagon to sift out of the heat huh? And he's probably right because he made a giant fluffy post, yeah?

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
You talk waaaaay too much Axle

DH isn't scum, of that I can assure you

And how do I know that? because lol you're scum and not him!

You know, you're really starting to bother me. You're so adamant that me and Axle are scum. How do you know this? Because of a weak theory full of holes? I get that Mafia is all about making assumptions, but you can't be sure we're scum considering how little evidence you have. Not only that, but it seems like you just do whatever you want. You only respond to what you feel like. What you feel comfortable with. Even when people straight up ask you a question, you sometimes just choose to ignore it. You're behaving very oddly.

Kybyrian

GirlWithAFairy said:
How can you be 100% sure? Only the scum know who is scum! So saying you know he isnt makes you suspicious!

I know he's not because I know Axle is. Now, if DH were scum, his buddy wouldn't come out and start ragging on him, who has been relatively not picked on, would he?

ebwodp

Dracomajora said:
You know, you're really starting to bother me. You're so adamant that me and Axle are scum. How do you know this? Because of a weak theory full of holes? I get that Mafia is all about making assumptions, but you can't be sure we're scum considering how little evidence you have. Not only that, but it seems like you just do whatever you want. You only respond to what you feel like. What you feel comfortable with. Even when people straight up ask you a question, you sometimes just choose to ignore it. You're behaving very oddly.

lol, I don't really ignore things, I just don't read them. I skim over things, yeah. Maybe that's not so great. You know, if anything, I think Axle's more likely to be scum than you would be. My focus has always been on Axle, but I don't know whether to mark you as scum or what. It's kinda rotatey, and I do suspect a group thing, but I can't say that for certain. If anything, I'm more adamant in Axle being scum. Speaking of, still want to hit on those inactive guys. Especially Jedizora. After his post and the reaction and nothing, I'm putting Jedizora out there as Mafia.

(color coated for your entertainment pleasure)

And I still think Fig and whoever else may be scum laying low. I do think there is as least 2 mafia in the list I presented, Jedizora being one of them.

Last edited:
This is always the issue with you every game, Ky. You act in certainty. Townies can never be certain. If you've got a hunch, then by all means act on it (you know that's what I do), but for god's sake don't act so arrogant about fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom