• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Generations

Vote: Meego7

Well, I haven't played with Meego before, so I'm not really sure about her actions, but they do seem sort of suspicious. But I do agree with the fact that we need to lynch someone, if we don't and wast a day, that would be bad.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Meego has been nuetral on all the arguments so if the person flips townie she can say that she never pressed for him to get lynched but if that person flips mafia she can tell us that she was suspicious of them. We can't afford a third no lynch because then the only way to kill mafia is if a nightkill ability gets lucky.

VOTE:Meego7

Tally:

Baysiderulez - 1 (Josh)
Meego7 - 7 (Kybyrian, jdenicholls, Zenox, Deku Shroom, Hero of Music, Generations, green goron)

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to majority lynch.

Yet to vote - 15 (Meego7, TreeHuggerPanda, Keyshe, Stallord, SuperSilly, kokirion, TheGreen, Toboe, Axle the Beast, Arkvoodle, Baysiderulez, link to present, korp, Hero of Time, Dracomajora)

Last edited:
Vote Meego7 for reasoning mentioned yesterday.

Alright so I caught up with my notes again.

I wanna draw your attention to those who were completely silent during "day 2"
Stallord, Generations, Link To Present, and DracoMajora. Along with our two replacements Korp and Josh (they have both failed to post even saying they are in the game).

- So basically saying while there's a chance the above could be scum. Even if they are they have likely forgotten about the game and/or don't care about it anymore. Hence saying its likely that even at night they would fail to make a vote. We might as well wait for them to be modkilled rather then exploring them further...

Onward to yesterdays *actual* lurkers.
Green Goron made 1 post
Arkvoodle made 3 posts
TheGreen made 1 post
Kokiron made 1 post
Taboe made 1 post
Supersilly made 2 posts
Meego7 made 1 post

Most suspicious out of all this is Meego's absence in game. She is normally a relatively active member, very useful in scum hunting, and she is also skilled in finding way to stay alive. This sudden change in behavior leads me to believe that she is scum... Now I haven't checked to see her other posts on the forum, to see if she's just been inactive in general. But assuming she has been online, this is very unusual behavior for Meego.

I find it interesting that after TheGreen and also Kokiron, have fallen inactive, when they both played a major part in suspecting me in day one. They had the opportunity to lynch me day two and didn't take it. TheGreen could have been busy with school which would explain the inactivity, as for Kokiron, I find his absence very peculiar as well.

Based off of posting habits during the last day period... FoS: Meego, Kokiron, and TheGreen.

As I mentioned earlier... actually sometime on day one... if we consider a 1:3 ratio to a 1:5 ratio... we have anywhere between 5 and 9 mafia among us. I doubt all the mafia are displaying the same characteristics in game. I gander 1-2 are lurking in the shadows, 1 is very active, and 1-2 is active enough to not be considered lurking but also not active enough to draw attention. If there are more, then I wouldn't be surprised if they are on the above list of "risking to be modkilled"

Also just so its out there again... -Investigations-
Night 1: Jden (unknown, roleblocked)
Night 2: Axle the Beast (innocent)

Anyways that's all for now. I have to re-read the posts from yesterday as well as voting habits if I am to get any further.

Any suggestions on who to investigate tonight?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ky has been playing strangely like voting and refusing to give reasoning even when asked and then unvoting again. I don't know what kind of game he is playing but it's not too suspicious at the moment.

Actually I find it extremely suspicious. He's still continuing to do it. At the beginning of this day he revoted, then unvoted Baysiderulez. just sayin'...

After I voted for him, and his subsequent acknowledgment that he was purposefully playing strangely and had no explanation (here and here), he began making in depth posts. He didn't necessarily become more active, but he began contributing.

I believe that the reason he did this was because of my vote. Kybyrian knew that the rest of the town could easily start and bandwagon (as we've just done with Meego7) after seeing any being with half a brain recognize that it was scummy behavior and not just 'Ky being Ky', could easily start and bandwagon, (as we've just done with Meego7).

Also, good reasoning here from jdenicholls, and here is my first vote.

So, he rapidly changed his play style. The only think keeping me from voting is that I finally have a chance to get some action in this game!

Vote: Meego7 for the reasons explained by previous posters.

EBWODP
I didn't address some of the accusations against me; for the most part they were about my activity level... so it's not like I can say that I was active...
Nor do I care to explain why I haven't really been motivated to make a post.

EBWODP ^oh look there's one of them now!

link to present was moving through the sewers. This was his home, and he was hunting. He could smell something he didn't like. His hunt lead him to a dark room, the stench was overpowering. He moved forward to try and find who or what was making the smell. Something scuttled through the water, he turned towards the thing and stepped forward...onto nothing. He was so shocked that he didn't even cry out, he just stared...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stallord was sat at home, he decided he needed food. He looked in his kitchen, there was nothing that he could cook that was worth cooking. He decided that he needed to drive to the store. As he walked over to his car, there was no way he could tell that his fuel line to his engine was broken. As he turned his key in the ignition, a spark hit the gas vapour.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Living

Meego7
TreeHuggerPanda
Keyshe
Josh
Deku Shroom
Generations
SuperSilly
jdenicholls
Zenox
kokirion
TheGreen
Toboe
Axle the Beast
Arkvoodle
Baysiderulez
Hero of Music
korp
Kybyrian
Hero of Time
green goron
Dracomajora

The Dead

Soldier of Link - Two Face (Double Voter) - Nightkilled on Night 1.
Ninten* - Firefly (Vanilla Townie) - Modkilled on Day 2.
MikauIncarnate - Harley Quinn (Roleblocker) - Nightkilled on Night 2.
illmatic - Clayface (Mimic) - Nightkilled on Night 2.
link to present - Killer Croc (Vanilla Townie) - Modkilled on Day 3.
Stallord - Black Mask (Vanilla Townie) - Modkilled on Day 3.

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to majority lynch.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Actually I find it extremely suspicious. He's still continuing to do it. At the beginning of this day he revoted, then unvoted Baysiderulez. just sayin'...

After I voted for him, and his subsequent acknowledgment that he was purposefully playing strangely and had no explanation (here and here), he began making in depth posts. He didn't necessarily become more active, but he began contributing.

I believe that the reason he did this was because of my vote. Kybyrian knew that the rest of the town could easily start and bandwagon (as we've just done with Meego7) after seeing any being with half a brain recognize that it was scummy behavior and not just 'Ky being Ky', could easily start and bandwagon, (as we've just done with Meego7).

Also, good reasoning here from jdenicholls, and here is my first vote.

So, he rapidly changed his play style. The only think keeping me from voting is that I finally have a chance to get some action in this game!

Vote: Meego7 for the reasons explained by previous posters.

EBWODP
I didn't address some of the accusations against me; for the most part they were about my activity level... so it's not like I can say that I was active...
Nor do I care to explain why I haven't really been motivated to make a post.

EBWODP ^oh look there's one of them now!

Was at computer all day and started having fun arguing with Zenox. That's pretty much the only explanation for my sudden burst of awesome. :P

Also, I unvoted Bay early in this day with good reasoning.

Tally:

Baysiderulez - 1 (Josh)
Meego7 - 9 (Kybyrian, jdenicholls, Zenox, Deku Shroom, Hero of Music, Generations, green goron, Baysiderulez, TheGreen)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to majority lynch.

Yet to vote - 11 (Meego7, TreeHuggerPanda, Keyshe, SuperSilly, kokirion, Toboe, Axle the Beast, Arkvoodle, korp, Hero of Time, Dracomajora)

I'd say choose what sort of cop you wish to play Jo. Either try to compile a list of people you can trust as townies (which should involve investigating the really active scum-hunters) or go after the suspicious people (Deku Shroom, Ky, Hero of Time etc). Alternatively go for people you aren't getting any read on and just trust your instinct with your reads.

Kybyrian

Also, in response to Jo...

Jake, green goron, dracomajora, or ark.

Or me. :P

It would be nice having the backup of the cop lol

David

But you called me here...
A solid read would really clear up the suspicious ones Bay. A good list to start with includes, but isn't limited to, Hero if Time, Kyby, Deku Shroom, Josh (possibly), and whoever else you wish to inspect. Those are just the individuals I would inspect. It's always up to you.

In answer to you addressing me at the beginning of the day, Jo, my suspicious on you had not completely ebbed, and right now I can't imagine it will. I am however willing to back down for now at least for the sake of actually lynching someone today instead of deliberating until it's too late. I have no interest in roleclaiming, even claiming to be a townie, but needless to say my official stance is that I am town, and given that your investigation of me claims this is a fact, I am slightly more convinced of your innocence, if not your trustworthiness. You've still shown generally destructive behavior in this game and even as this day has gone on, continued to contradict yourself and look scummy. And frankly, you could still be lying about my innocence because most of the players in this game are townie. I'll admit that gambling like you are (if you're lying, that is), is a bold and dangerous move, I'm not 100% convinced you wouldn't try it given your general cockiness this game and your unpredictable actions last game.

Again, I'm backing off, but you've yet to do anything that changes my suspicions against you, and I may address some of your posts later on. But for right now, let's actually try to lynch someone and do something productive for the town. Two days of No Lynch is ridiculous.

Now as for the Meego issue, I am in agreement with the consensus. I was noticing some of her behavior last Day period, but I was more focused on Bay (and the lack of a lynch yesterday may be partially my fault because of it, really...). Meego is somewhat out of character, that's true. Granted an attempt to change one's playstyle is valid (and if we lynch her and she's innocent, we should note this for the next game she's in), but the fact is the playstyle she's adopted is scummy.

Town are not cautious, or at least shouldn't be. It's the same way with the No Lynches. It hurts the Town when you don't act. Meego should know this by now. In every game I play as a townie, I push lynches and we kill players. Meego has so far acted with the almost generic "Mafia Peacekeeper" attitude that I learned (while modding a game, oddly enough) to be extremely wary of.

Vote: Meego7

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Well I'm happy to see some of the inactives are showing up now... I was getting worried that we were going to get a lot of modkills and half our town gone in one swoop... Though the loss of three VT hurts us a bit. They are like a little buffer for the town... That makes the coming deaths from lynches and nightkills much more likely power roles. With some luck we might start killing the mafia now on the plus side... (Josh is going to have to post more too... <_<)

Since Bay wasn't role blocked, logic would indicates the mafia should have tried to kill her. That one night scene with a group looked to be perhaps blocked some how? This description suggests they are the mafia. There are very likely three roles with nightkill abilities... If there is a Serial Killer, they may be one who can't kill each night?

For now there is good enough evidence towards Bay being town (and a cop) so I'm going to drop most of my suspicions on her. Not forget them, but move on to better prospects for scum. I have great doubts that she would made up a big lie as being an investigative role. There are a few iffy things such as why she avoided to simply answer no I'm not the Serial Killer. Pushing for the town to blindly trust her, and doing what seem to look like a little role fishing... But no matter there is more then enough evidence/logic to support her being a cop role. Doctor protecting her. Please.

This is what the Wiki says what a Thief is, it's investigative role. Not as Bay has been suggesting as a saboteur. (Though Viral can be creative..)
Mafia Wiki said:
The Thief is a pro-Town informative role that targets one player each night to 'steal' an 'item' related to that player's role. For example, if a Thief targets a Goon or a Vigilante, they are likely to obtain a gun. Or if a thief targets Isaac Newton they are likely to steal an apple.
The Moderator decides if the targeted player loses their ability after their 'item' has been 'stolen' by the Thief.
The Thief can be also considered to be a Flavor Cop.

My top suspects at this time are Meego and Kybyrian (His voting patterns and lack of information supporting his choices.) The Green might just get modekilled at this point.
On that note I do have to let you guys kmow that some personal stuff has come up including a commission/gift that I have to take care of. So I'm going to be inactive for the next week or two. I totaly understand if I have to be replace, modkilled or lynched for it. So no worries. I have a few hours though, well until I get another brownout... T_T (Bad wind storms here.)

So I'd vote for Meego right now, but anyone one to wait for her to come in and make a defense? Or do you guys just want to rush (well not too much a rush as we've have two+ days to come up with a lynch...) into a lynch and end the day quick so Bay can investigate some one? (My only recommendation on that Bay is go with who would be of use to you, this is your gig.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom