• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
But to be honest I think Red would be a 3rd party type. I mean he did steal a pokemon, he does kind of terroize people and beat them to a pulp.

What are you talking about? Red isn't a terrorist... And he didn't steal any Pokemon. Red is the main character of Red, Blue, and Yellow. I think that you might be referring to Silver, the rival in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Red is not that type.

Also, lets think of roles in the "Saffron City" Region, since the thing is taking place there.
I'd rather not think of it like that. You see, we're in a competition that has trainers and such from all over the Kanto and Johto regions.

Also, I'm almost certain that this game has nothing to do with the anime. The means that Ash, Jessie, James, and Meowth are all out of the loop here. The games are what Kyby and Zenox have been using, given by the fact that the music that they used in the opening was from the game, not the anime. And that the official art they used to explain there characters come from the game.

And for those of you that are worried about my "hidden claim," don't. It was something that I threw out there that a few of you caught. Yes, my character is in there, but hardly anything else. I merely claimed for the lulz and to see who else caught it, and because it fit so well in my post. No other reason, no other hidden motive, I promise.

Anyway... Elfen has me worried right now. Elfen is getting way too into the analysis of what characters there are in the game and is making assumptions that could put the town at risk. He also didn't read the opening scene well enough to get relevant information, and seems to be trying to bring up some tension and confusion. Possibly just pulling an "Elfen" as we've come to call it here on ZD, but with his extra experience from some of site games, I'm starting to think against it.

Oh and I agree with the 3rd party roles. In the Pokemon games, I can't think of any characters that would match a killing type 3rd party. Unless we get to some of the other games, where there might be something that we can go off of, but from Gold and Silver (and all other games that go with them), there isn't much in terms of killing 3rd party. The 3rd party is probably less dangerous than the mafia.

Oh and Axle, your knowledge on 1st Gen Pokemon might be good enough for the game, until we get more information.

And for now, I remove my RVS because Danny hasn't showed up... Unvote

EBWODP: Hooray for more Hero of Music votes! And Kaz, be original in your thinking. Don't just use other people's points to get a vote. That goes for all of you. If you don't see it, don't vote. And if you do see it, look for more.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think voting for HoM is a bity hasty, but he is acting very odd.

Any explanations from you?

And also, all the trolly players, you will take this seriously later, won't you?

EBWODP

That's not fair, he's a ninja.

Kybyrian

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hero of Music 3 (Durion, Axle the Beast, Kazumi)
Axle the Beast 3 (Justeazy, TreeHuggerPanda, Hero of Time)
Danny 1 (Austin)
Baysiderulez 1 (Josh)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)
Soldier of Link 1 (Jedizora)
Austin 1 (Master Kokiri 9)
Master Kokiri 9 1 (Soldier of Link)
Justeazy 1 (jdenicholls)
kokirion 1 (Baysiderulez)

With 26 alive it takes 14 for a majority lynch. (good luck with that)

Day ends on the 2nd.

And for those of you that are worried about my "hidden claim," don't. It was something that I threw out there that a few of you caught. Yes, my character is in there, but hardly anything else. I merely claimed for the lulz and to see who else caught it, and because it fit so well in my post. No other reason, no other hidden motive, I promise.
My vote still stands. All pro-Mafia behavior can be boiled down to one concept. Distraction. You can achieve it by acting just like a normal townsfolk, you can achieve it by putting the suspicion on someone else. You can do it be peacekeeping or intimidating, AND last but not least you can do it be being so chaotic and confusing that no one knows what to think. Your current behavior falls under the latter. There's no reason for it, so I find it suspicious. Until someone else concerns me more, my vote stays on you.

EBWODP: Hooray for more Hero of Music votes! And Kaz, be original in your thinking. Don't just use other people's points to get a vote. That goes for all of you. If you don't see it, don't vote. And if you do see it, look for more.
More distraction, intentional or otherwise. You are right that one should not blindly follow others' votes, but if you are not even willing to work with others (I.E., follow their votes or get them to follow yours), then Mafia wins. Period. Kaz made no indication he didn't think about his vote, just said he decided to side with me and Durion.

David

But you called me here...
Axle, I implied nothing of the sort with that. Of course Kaz was thinking about the vote. He just didn't provide any specific evidence against me. Just basing it off of what others have said, and on my general wording. And of course people should be working together. That's the only way that people can be lynched.

And maybe I provided distraction for someone else to just sneak in and post something extremely suspicious, very unlikely, because I'm pro-town trying to have fun with a game. We don't have to be super serious throughout the entire game. Its the first day. But, if you really think that I'm worthy of a lynch, be my guest.

Axle, I implied nothing of the sort with that. Of course Kaz was thinking about the vote. He just didn't provide any specific evidence against me. Just basing it off of what others have said, and on my general wording. And of course people should be working together. That's the only way that people can be lynched.

And maybe I provided distraction for someone else to just sneak in and post something extremely suspicious, very unlikely, because I'm pro-town trying to have fun with a game. We don't have to be super serious throughout the entire game. Its the first day. But, if you really think that I'm worthy of a lynch, be my guest.
The thing is, why should someone detail their own reasoning if someone else has summed it up for them? I've had this discussion with people before. Stating "I am voting for someone because of this person's post" IS a reason. It simply means your reasons are the same as the person you refer to.

Yes, you're pro-town, same as I. That statement means nothing, just as your roleclaim means nothing. It's a statement that cannot be trusted nor relied on in any way shape or form. No, we don't have to be super serious and you might have noticed I made a few jokes myself a few pages ago, but first day is still part of the game. And no matter what, every action is a part of the game and should be scrutinized, joke or otherwise. As I said, Mafia distract, and jokes can be distracting even if Townies do them too, so I don't intend to rule out jokes if they feel weird. Your actions don't sit right with me.

Kirino

Tatakae
6 pages already? That was fast. Anyways, i'll catch up and stuff later. My computer's not working and i'm posting from my phone.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I've looked back and am still unclear to what HoM is claiming. I would think as town he would be doing so to trick or role fish the mafia, see if they they to take one of the names and role later on. Or wants to get his name/role out there to the town for some reason?
As mafia, role fish to see how the town reacts and make it easier for his team to fake claim... see which names and roles seem to be in the clear to use. Not sure what this is... I have a little hay fever so I need to look more into what's being said on this. Too much going on to take it all in at once. Things are a little, well, blurry too XD

"Say what you like" was somewhat broadly directly at both of you. Simply saying that regardless of what you two say (even of Zenox is the mod), I still think the same thing. The rest of my post's meaning was very obvious. I don't think Oak or Elm will be roles in the actual game. Zenox never confirmed either way, and despite his disclaimer I doubt either will appear. Not that it really matters. Doesn't help us in the investigation.

... I'm not sure what what Justeazy was getting at other then your odd posts about "Say what you like"... That is a negative statement against another's opinion or info. Where you feel you need to stand up and say you are still right. It's confusing and out of place.
It would have been much different if you said something like regardless of my misunderstanding I think they are still not going to be in the game. Neither I or the mod said anything about them being in the game or not. :/ We didn't dispute you on that...

I've actually never heard of a Role or Name Cop. In my experience off-site, most cops just get the alignment of the character, not their name or Role, so yeah. Thief works similarly, but you only get an item relating to the character: therefore, you'd be on your own trying to figure out whether or not one would be Mafia, Town, or Third Party. Granted, if you know the theme/have access to a good Wiki, it would be a cakewalk finding out who is who. As far as how there being a Name Cop supports my belief on there being a Survivor, I'm not drawing any matches. Care to elaborate, Axle?
... you and I had a name cop, Monkey, in Rock mafia on VT. :/

Vote: Hero of Music
Also suspicious of Justeazy now.

I don't know any contradiction in my posts and am very skeptical something wasn't just grossly misunderstood or being used against. Do you honestly think I would slip up anything significant this early in the game? Honestly ask yourself that. Of course that's exactly what I'd be saying if I did slip up, just as I would be if I didn't. Justeazy is clearly playing closed-hand. He claims to have seen something and when he's asked to elaborate, he's vague. He won't explain his vote right out, which never makes me comfortable with a player. He could just be that kind of player, but it also seems like inexperienced Mafia framing. Was Castlevania Mafia the first Mafia game Justeazy played? I can't remember if he played earlier.

As for me, as always here's my reason for voting: There is no reason for Hero of Music to do any kind of roleclaim at this stage. There was no pressure, no reason. He's either acting with chaotic, nonsense behavior to confuse things, or he's trying to set himself up as safe early on... for no real reason. There's no pro-town reason to roleclaim right now. None whatsoever.
You seem to be trying a little hard here to make a stronger presences. Are you getting a little uncomfortable with just three votes on you? You also are going after your accuser a little heavy handed, more then you need to to one persons early-game vote. Not a too long ago you were encouraging this voting behavior, but not if it's against you? Not a good town tactic. Sure you should put up a defense but an attack and discredit him as a player? He is newish but he is good player. Last time this was done was on me in One Piece mafia on VT and you were mafia... :/ In game 4 you were lighter on your accusers either saying that they were right to be suspicious or refuted poor logic. You were town then.

IGMEOY on you, though I'm going to wait to see how Justeazy responds to all this. He hasn't been on yet so be may clarify what you are so bugged about on vagueness...

FOS/IGMEOY:
SOL
Axle
HoM

... I'm not sure what what Justeazy was getting at other then your odd posts about "Say what you like"... That is a negative statement against another's opinion or info. Where you feel you need to stand up and say you are still right. It's confusing and out of place.
It would have been much different if you said something like regardless of my misunderstanding I think they are still not going to be in the game. Neither I or the mod said anything about them being in the game or not. :/ We didn't dispute you on that...
Are we seriously still talking about this? We're disputing over this post?

Say what you like. I'm still pretty skeptical either character will appear as a role in this game.

What possible hidden motive could this have had? I'll admit it's obvious I've worded things strangely so far, but given that most of my posts were written in a rush late at night, that's to be expected. I'll try to word things clearer, but jesus, read that post again and honestly tell me what's suspicious about it. What about it vaguely suggests non-Town?

You seem to be trying a little hard here to make a stronger presences. Are you getting a little uncomfortable with just three votes on you? You also are going after your accuser a little heavy handed, more then you need to to one persons early-game vote. Not a too long ago you were encouraging this voting behavior, but not if it's against you? Not a good town tactic. Sure you should put up a defense but an attack and discredit him as a player? He is newish but he is good player. Last time this was done was on me in One Piece mafia on VT and you were mafia... :/ In game 4 you were lighter on your accusers either saying that they were right to be suspicious or refuted poor logic. You were town then.
Bolded statement. That's exactly what I'm doing here. I thought that was obvious. I've yet to have any explanation as to what I've done to contradict myself, so, yeah, I'm annoyed at what seems to be poor logic, because as far as I can tell it's a baseless vote based on a nonexistent action. Justeazy's already avoided explaining what exactly I did once, so I can't regard it as anything else. If he does explain it, then I'll reconsider my suspicions.

I'm not trying to discredit him; I find him legitimately disconcerting. Remember this is the first day, so I might as well go on what I have to get something moving.

EBWODP: Also do not forget that despite my statements about Justeazy, he's not the one I'm suspicious enough of to vote for. I voted for Hero of Music.

Kirino

Tatakae
HoM's claim is pretty suspicious. It's not like he had any reason to claim. And saying that it was just a joke isn't really a good reason. And Axle is sorta pushing for his lynch. The fact that he claimed early isn't really suspicious enough for a lynch.

FoS: Axle and HoM

Draco, you have to realize how little evidence you need to pursue a vote. On other sites where people play Mafia, votes happen all the time, very early, for any damn reason. ZD in general is far too cautious about voting. As I have said several times this game, peacekeeping is distraction, and distraction is pro-Mafia. And as I have written in the Mafia Beginner's Guide:

Tip For Townies... said:
You Can't Ever Be Sure, Be Decisive
No matter how much evidence you gather and no matter how obvious it is that someone is guilty, they can still turn out innocent for one reason or another; no matter how clean someone appears, they could just be a diabolically clever Mafioso. Never make the mistake of thinking you know with certainty, because you never will. You can be reasonably certain, but not absolutely, so you have to be decisive and realize mistakes will be made. Waiting around to find damning evidence is usually a bad idea, and something the Mafia will try to make happen to keep the Town stagnant and confused.

I have no intention of holding back. I act on gut feelings about who's guilty, and I apply facts to them and see how much sense they make. At this early stage, I'm reasonably sure of HoM's weirdness to vote for him. Day 1 is always a terrible period that very often results in a Townie lynch. As I said, I will change my vote if something more suspicious comes up (votes aren't static, they can change), but as of right now HoM is the most suspicious person for me and I have no reason to avoid voting for him. Holding back isn't pro-Town.

Even if a vote isn't in pursuit of a lynch, you might as well cast it and see how they react. No reason to fool around with FoS's that carry no weight.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well Axle, right now you seem the most scummy to me. You obviously are a strong figure in mafia games, with your great scum-hunting and all, but right now I feel like maybe you are taking advantage of that fact. You may just be making everyone else feel secure, knowing that there is such a great scumhunter here, and that if they trust your suspicions, they will be all right. But I think that perhaps that is your plan, so that you can lead everyone else in the wrong direction, killing all the good people, just setting everything up for a scum win. This is just a hunch, and normally I wouldn't vote for it, but I am taking your advise and doing what you do, I'm not holding back, so I will simply
Vote: Axle the Beast

Well Axle, right now you seem the most scummy to me. You obviously are a strong figure in mafia games, with your great scum-hunting and all, but right now I feel like maybe you are taking advantage of that fact. You may just be making everyone else feel secure, knowing that there is such a great scumhunter here, and that if they trust your suspicions, they will be all right. But I think that perhaps that is your plan, so that you can lead everyone else in the wrong direction, killing all the good people, just setting everything up for a scum win. This is just a hunch, and normally I wouldn't vote for it, but I am taking your advise and doing what you do, I'm not holding back, so I will simply
Vote: Axle the Beast
For the underlined statement: (yes) As for the rest...

I can understand how it seems that way, but I'll be honest and say it's probably always going to seem like that. When I play Mafia, and I have a suspicion, I do try to lead the town and get them to go with me. This goes along with my stance that bandwagoning is not only not a bad thing (at least inherently), but it's crucial to a townie victory. It's also why I commonly state that you should think for yourself and not vote just because someone else did... Which may sound like a contradiction to what I said to HoM earlier, but the difference there is Kaz's statement did not suggest that he wasn't thinking for himself and HoM seemed like he was claiming that it did. Maybe he wasn't but I just wanted to clear up confusion on that because players have often in past games been accused of following others when they only agreed with them.

Bottom line is I will try to rally votes, that's what I do to help the town because I, not to be arrogant, am good at investigating. It's up to you to decide if I'm right or not, but I can guarantee I will try to get you to agree with me. And if I'm scum, I'll do the same thing both because it's what I do as a Townie and because it affords me power and control. I can be your best friend or worst enemy, so again you're just going to have to decide for yourself. Lynching your potential best friend on day 1 might not be your best bet though. Just saying. :bleh:

EBWODP:
For the underlined statement: (yes)
(yes) = :yes: Damn typos.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
@ HoM e.e I was over analyzing the roles that may be there e.e and so have others have they not? Thinking of what may be there etc. Cop, #rd party etc. I just added a few more :P thats all. Annnd it's that time of the month for me :P my mood has been swinging around. Now? I am happy and a wee bit hyper :P which is a fault for me :P but i re-re-read the lil fight with Axle and all.

Also FYI. If you are concerned about me over analyzing the roles, well kinda to far. What about MK9 or the others wondering what roles there was. You really can't go over something like that when others have to went off of that. and i meant red from silver and all. To me he was a doucher and i dis like him. seemed like he would terrorize people.

My conclusion of skimming through it is that,
1) It is waaay to early to tell much, sure it may be a good start, but It doesn't feel right to vote him off yet. I kind of believe him and half what don't. Basically null. But he is leaning way more towards the town side.
2) I Think he is town(maybe maybe not) All of his post has eitehr been about... The roles, something about RVS at Austin, trying to figure out what the 3rd party is. Which I see how any of those things can be suspicious to say the least. Unless the wondering what the roles are thing counts. But seriously, who cannot be curious to what the roles are. :P And if you are gonna see things off becasue of the role thing, might as well get ride of me and MK9 since we talked and was curious to what the role(s) might be. I think Even Keysha said something about roles to? OH same with Jedi. so HoM you cannot think of me being suspicious over the roles :P unless you want to think at least 4+ more other players did the same :P

Basically i just read the axle thing again(Starting on page 4) can some one please tell me why he is some what scummy?? Cause I see nothing.

now to HoM ::clears throat::

One, the(Go to Page 5 post #74 to know what im talking about) With this..
Anyway... Elfen has me worried right now. Elfen is getting way too into the analysis of what characters there are in the game and is making assumptions that could put the town at risk. He also didn't read the opening scene well enough to get relevant information, and seems to be trying to bring up some tension and confusion. Possibly just pulling an "Elfen" as we've come to call it here on ZD, but with his extra experience from some of site games, I'm starting to think against it.
To me, in my view, this may be trying to draw suspicion onto me, ya know to get something away from Axle. But he is basing it off me looking into the roles, which I have stated AGAIN that many other players have done so.( I may have taken it to the extreme) But hey :P So what im trying to get with this is that, one, he is trying to diverge some suspicion onto me to see if I will crack and get lyched day 1 as I always do, as a quick lynch so the mafia won't have to deal with me later on, not so much of a threat i assume.

As for the Role claiming thing so early. I. Hate. It. There is no point to claim anything this early in the game. Only if you are trying to set your self up later on if you are Mafia. Via, claiming miller. You know what? Axle is not the best Vote for today, I think imma go with HoM

Vote:Hero of Music

I may change it later. Lets see what JustEazy has to say shall we?

EBWODP

God damn it >_>

I forgot to unvote

UNVOTE

Last edited:

As for me, as always here's my reason for voting: There is no reason for Hero of Music to do any kind of roleclaim at this stage. There was no pressure, no reason. He's either acting with chaotic, nonsense behavior to confuse things, or he's trying to set himself up as safe early on... for no real reason. There's no pro-town reason to roleclaim right now. None whatsoever.

I got here too late, and I really don't feel like re-explaining everything against HoM that's already been explained many times over, so I'm going to quote a random Axle post about it. Hope that's alright guize.

EWODP:

Ugh

Unvote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom