• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't know, Linksbro seems very suspicious right now. I think it's just a big plan of his. But that doesn't mean give up. You just don't defend yourself very good. I'll change my vote if you come up with something solid. And no, what Axle said didn't affect my decision at all as I too am suspicious of him and a few others.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
No I read your post, I just bother to reply to the entire post. Didn't feel like it required me to do so. I just find it interesting that you all would vote off an obvious town... But leave someone like me (an unknown quantity) alone. Are you that scared of the unknown?
A good chunk of it was talking to you and about what you said to me, and there was a question in there too. Seems that you want to ignore key points and want to manipulate that facts into what you want.

Not everyone voted for Link, and what part of Link is so obvious? You yourself seem to be town as well, not all that unknown, at least no more then Link. The unknowns would be if he safe to keep around. Link can't undo what he has said and done, and I'm not sure we can trust him this game, and other feel the same. He says too often he doesn't get why or what's wrong. You may be mafia, but you are a good player and not a townie we would want to lose so easily. That much is known.

As godfather last round I defended the innocent. I didn't have any more suspicion on me last game then I do currently. Who's to say what I am and what I am not. You have more of chance of defeating scum by going for unknowns, because then theres 'that chance' they could be scum, vs. going for someone, even the smartest of mafia players recognize as a townie.

I fail to see how eliminating towns helps us. We win by surviving, the mafia win by defeating all the town. Even the less smart players help us in that respect.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I just find it interesting that you all would vote off an obvious town...
Is it obvious? Maybe if you're basing your decisions soley on a roll of the dice. Are you that sure about people's roles?
Btw, it's not obvious. You must have super x-ray-interwebs vision 'cause I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

An example:
A vanilla town is being accused of being mafia. He says "I'm town; I'm not mafia"
A mafioso is being accused of being mafia. He says "I'm town; I'm not mafia"

I DO have a basis to vote for linksbro321 because he's acting suspiciously.
I DON'T and SHOULDN'T believe that linksbro321 is a townie just because he, you, or anyone else says so.

My vote stands:

I think linksbro321 is too risky to keep around. Right now he's more of a threat than a benefit.
And with that.
Vote: linksbro321

EBWODP
I meant to put a ':P' after my comment about the x-ray vision

Is it obvious? Maybe if you're basing your decisions soley on a roll of the dice. Are you that sure about people's roles?
Btw, it's not obvious. You must have super x-ray-interwebs vision 'cause I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Actually I do. Its called behavioral and social science. As well as effective communication. I said it last game, and as I know it comes off cocky, I generally have people pinned down with 75% accuracy by the end of day 2. By Day 4 Its closer to 85-90%. Last game was interesting in the idea that I had to evaluate Townies into their respective positions... It wasn't by accident we ONLY TOOK OUT POWER ROLES. We knew exactly who we were going after.

Interesting that you guys are trying to get rid of useless people instead of mafia members. First Cucco, and now linksbro. And on the first day of the game too.
I think he may have learned his lesson. He is a new player, as I'm sure many others in this game are, so you can't expect him not to make mistakes. He still has shown no signs of being mafia imo. I think those who have voted for him should unvote. Axle and others have said that his posts are a threat to the town, but I think he has caused even more trouble for the town by starting the bandwagon. Look at all the time we are wasting discussing whether or not to vote for someone who most think is a townie. We need to shift focus and try to find mafia.

An example:
A vanilla town is being accused of being mafia. He says "I'm town; I'm not mafia"
A mafioso is being accused of being mafia. He says "I'm town; I'm not mafia"

I DO have a basis to vote for linksbro321 because he's acting suspiciously.
I DON'T and SHOULDN'T believe that linksbro321 is a townie just because he, you, or anyone else says so.

My vote stands:

If you think linksbro is a mafia, then you should vote for him, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with people voting for him and saying they think he is a townie.

makes me uncomfortable as well. The last game I played, Round 2, we had someone who said things exactly like that. When we lynched that person, she flipped town. But that's not to say that she's automatically a townie just because a similarity like that.

Weren't you mafia in Round 2? :huh:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tally:

Linksbro321: 8 (Axle the Beast, Hazel, Kybyrian, Link to Present, TheGreen, Hero of Music, Epwna, Turo602)
Axle the Beast: 1 (Baysiderulez)

No votes cast: Master Kokiri 9, Pocket Asian, Kazumi, Sasuke Uchiha, Illmatic, Icetomeetyou, Zelda's_Child, Din Akera, Zack125, Meego7, Keyshe, Green Goron, DracoMajora, Linksbro321

Takes 12 votes to lynch.

20 pages and no end in sight? I like you guys :)
Discussion is good.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I could just be reading too much into it though. He does have the most posts out of anyone so there is more to go off of over other people who have just a couple posts or haven't posted yet.
Honestly, I'd think that the person posting the least would be mafia. You know, trying to stay in the dark. I think my openness in sharing would be kind of a clue that I'm not mafia. But anything can be suspected. And honestly, my backing off after accusations because I really don't want to make enemies. I've noticed a pattern of: I accuse you, you accuse me, more people accuse me. I just don't want to make any scenes.

Weren't you mafia in Round 2? :huh:
Dude, seriously? We were both mafia in that round xD

But in that round, I was a mafioso, so I really didn't care much about it. All we cared about was killing that person (I believe you were nightkilled by the vigilante before this, so you didn't know the plan) because we had reason to believe she was the princess.

This is Round 4. I'm not a part of the mafia. So it worries me now.

makes me uncomfortable as well. The last game I played, Round 2, we had someone who said things exactly like that. When we lynched that person, she flipped town. But that's not to say that she's automatically a townie just because a similarity like that.

Yeah that person in round 2... was me. Might be why it sounds familiar XD.

Chise was the princess. YAH!

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
WHAT! NOBODY WILL TAKE BACK THEIR VOTE AND YES I AM BAD AT DEFENDING MYSELF. IM NOT FREAKIN MAFIA. Now I'm being serious about this. A lot of you will say this is completly unnessesary but I'm not mafia!!!!!! How long will it take for me to convince you all I''m not mafia. For the thir time I'm not mafia. I could go on forever about this topic of me not being mafia. It's outragous!!!!! I will bet all of you a million dollars or anything (friendly bet) that when I get lynched I will be nothing! I know how mafia works in picking roles. The best players and some that are a little experienced are mafia!!!! Since I posted on the sign-up thread I haven't played before I would not be picked as mafia!!!!!!!! Half of you belive I'm a townie, so don't vote for me!!!!! Thats all I have to say.

OK, I've never bandwagoned before, but Linksbro's action have been very suspicious. First off, you are very defensive. Secondly, you've been on my suspicion list for a while. And thirdly, you have seven more votes than anyone else. That evidence seems pretty overwhelming against you. I personally believe you are suspicious and am going with the mob.
VOTE: Linksbro321

Dude, seriously? We were both mafia in that round xD

But in that round, I was a mafioso, so I really didn't care much about it. All we cared about was killing that person (I believe you were nightkilled by the vigilante before this, so you didn't know the plan) because we had reason to believe she was the princess.

This is Round 4. I'm not a part of the mafia. So it worries me now.

I know we were both mafia that round, that's why I was confused by your post. You worded it like you were a townie, which I thought was strange...

OK, I've never bandwagoned before, but Linksbro's action have been very suspicious. First off, you are very defensive. Secondly, you've been on my suspicion list for a while. And thirdly, you have seven more votes than anyone else. That evidence seems pretty overwhelming against you. I personally believe you are suspicious and am going with the mob.

I call **** when I see it... The FACT that 7 OTHER PEOPLE have voted for him is EVIDENCE (and overwhelming at that? como say what now?

Unvote: Axle the Beast
Vote: Sasuke Uchiha

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun

Bold please. Makes it easier for me to see it when I skim for votes. Thanks.

Tally:

Linksbro321: 9 (Axle the Beast, Hazel, Kybyrian, Link to Present, TheGreen, Hero of Music, Epwna, Turo602, Sasuke Uchiha)
Sasuke Uchiha: 1 (Baysiderulez)

No votes cast: Master Kokiri 9, Pocket Asian, Kazumi, Illmatic, Icetomeetyou, Zelda's_Child, Din Akera, Zack125, Meego7, Keyshe, Green Goron, DracoMajora, Linksbro321

Takes 12 votes to lynch.

And, why should we trust you, again?
What part of my post asked you to trust me? Need I remind you that I'm always saying don't trust anyone, including in this game?

What I see here is Axle leading a crowd. This disturbs me. If he had chosen to vote for Kybyrian, would you all have followed that vote too? We must be individual thinkers and think for ourselves. If in doing so, we come to the same conclusions as others then thats one thing. But to vote just because Axle is, is giving him all the power.
I love your blatant ignorance. You know full well that I'm for the lynching of chaotic townies, including many games where I myself was townie, and you're ignoring this and additionally failing to even mention it. You also know I'm a strong proponent of players thinking for themselves, which is a point I've tried to stress in THIS game, which you've failed to mention.

You also condemn me for rallying players when you yourself do so. Furthermore, my rallying is out in the open while you've actually attempted manipulation.

I know I can convince people to lynch someone. Why would I not use this ability? As was already said, if you felt strongly about something wouldn't you try to convince as many people as possible to go with you? Of course you would. That's what I'm doing. By all means, don't just go along with me and give it your own thought, but I'm still going to encourage it as I feel it's important.

Actually, your brother TELLS people they need to vote for Linksbro. I'm not pin pointing anyone in particular and saying Hey YOU over there... You need to vote for this person, because they are a town, but a danger to society... A stupid town provides ground cover... I see no reason to take them out. Theres still also a chance he has been assigned a special role, and lo and behold you let Axle kill our doctor. That's the risk you take when you go and kill an obvious town.
I've TOLD people they need to? Let's see, what was my exact words...

I strongly encourage more votes for him so we can get this game back on track.

I'd like it if you could start basing your accusations on me in some fact and stop ignoring things you know to be true and actually consider how they clash with the theories you WANT to believe. You're starting to look even worse than you did early in the game.

My vote remains. Only anti-town roles gain by weeding out towns. Even if their bad townies... they still offer a layer of protection for the rest of us. You remember how I recommended making a threat list? Someone like Linksbro is a "no threat" he's obviously not mafia, I mean I suppose on an off chance he could be, but he's not playing this game smartly, which lets face it...Mafia Play smart. Mafia have to be cunning and full of trickery in order to push their agenda forward. They have to work together to stratagize on how to lead the votes in a direction they want, without unleashing supsicion, and they have to pick people to nightkill that wont reveal who they are, but eliminate their threats.
You're utterly wrong. Please take a moment to read the entire thread. We've constantly had any hope of serious discussion derailed again and again by what? Ridiculous behavior. We had talk about which characters have what role, then Ky's codes, and both CP and linksbro's behavior. This has made us lose time discussing. It has been a completely legitimate stop to the town's efforts. I've allowed useless players to live in past games where the players were more focused, but clearly we need to remove perpetual distractions if we're going to survive.

I actually kind of intended to get lynched at first because I was basically forced into signing up, but I guess I had a change of heart or something? :P
You say that, yes. It doesn't change the fact that your behavior was weird and suspicious and your statements do nothing to disprove that.

Also,you seem like you're trying to make people do what you are."I strongly encourage more votes".Correct me if i'm wrong,but you've been doing that the entire game.Though i'm not going to vote for you because
Hardly. I haven't done that at all, merely pointed out logical fallacies. Most of the stuff I've opposed or been aggressive about were accusations and statements that had no logical basis and were thus detrimental to the town. I don't intend to entertain those, and since they set us back I intend to do my best to stop them.

More so I led Axle than he led me. I was the first one to point fingers at linksbro, which I did early on in the game. Axle simply picked up on that and voted. He even mentioned agreeing with me in his post where he voted for linksbro. I had already intended to vote for linksbro because of the replacement of Cucco Power.
I came to the conclusion on my own, actually, and had been thinking it for a while but was a bit preoccupied with both you and Jo. In fact, the way I came out after you mentioned it first is the most suspicious thing I've done. Following other people without pushing your own ideas is an effective Mafia tactic.

And as for Axle... yes he kind of is leading the charge. That his way, not really all his fault since people decide on their own to go with him or not. Now he has done this as one or our own before, a townie and as mafia too. What he is this time, I don't know. I am very worried about him, he is either one of our most valuable players, or our worst enemy... I think Jo is right to not blindly trust him, something in my gut is worrying me about him... too. I can't say he is acting out of character, but he could be either... he isn't the kind of player to act any differently noticeably depending on what role he has. Maybe it would be best to not off him on the first day, but wait a little bit?
Of course Jo is right not to blindly trust me, but that's the only thing she's said that makes any sense. Aside from that, yeah, you have a right to be concerned because frankly if I was Mafia there's a strong chance you'd never know, whether that sounds arrogant or not.

I don't know why you guys would vote linksbro while thinking he's a townie. That makes zero sense to me. It seems like people jumped ship from voting Cucco Power to linksbro, for the same reason. The point of the game is to find mafia members

As for the vote, I'm not going to vote anyone until we get more posts. Like I said above, I'd rather have a no lynch than vote for someone who we know is probably a townie, no matter how useless you guys think they might be. There is no reason to rush into a vote when no deadline has been announced yet.
I explained it above, and I really did explain to begin with in my original post voting for him. And the GOAL of the game is to find Mafia members. The point is to do whatever it takes to weed them out. Most of this game involves killing innocents, and sometimes they were as detrimental to the town as townies as they would have been as Mafia.

The threat, so to say, although it's more of a problem, is that you can never really know if they are mafia or townie. I realise this sounds ridiculous, and that you can never know for sure about anybody. But try to see my point. If a member, in this case, Linksbro, posts this:
or
In what way does this contribute to the game? The whole game is based on mistakes. How can you make a mistake in a post like that? It just takes up space and wastes everyone's time reading pages and pages of unnessessairy posts. We cannot see if it's a mafia post or a townie post. He could even be the SK, even if I doubt it!
That doesn't sound ridiculous at all; that's the ENTIRE BASIS OF THIS GAME. It is randomized. Literally anyone could be Mafia. And the point of being Mafia is not to be noticed.

And yes, that is another point here. Players like linksbro, there is no way whatsoever to read their behavior, and they have as much chance to be Mafia as any other. They are wildcards. Again, I don't think he is Mafia but I can't be sure and I think he's just as dangerous as a townie.

Axle and others have said that his posts are a threat to the town, but I think he has caused even more trouble for the town by starting the bandwagon. Look at all the time we are wasting discussing whether or not to vote for someone who most think is a townie. We need to shift focus and try to find mafia.
Again, I explained myself thoroughly at the top of this post. In addition, have you read the rules of this game? The only way we're going to actually lynch ANYONE is by majority lynch. So in a way either bandwagoning or all coming to the same conclusion is the ONLY WAY WE'RE GOING TO GET ANY LYNCHES THROUGH.

Everyone, I'd like to make a point:

So you've decided to vote off a completely usless townie. Dead serious I'm completely useless. Tell you the truth I think your Mafia.

Okay, I see the main reason a lot of you are voting on me is because of not being serious. Well I would have stopped if you asked. Just give me a chance and I won't.

8 votes. I see the reason, aculally no I don't. Is there a reason? I would like to hear from Axle why he wanted to lynch me. I just don't get it. Out of the 8 votes I'd say about 6 of you are mafia. Here's a list: Axle the Beast, Kybyrian, Epwna, Link to present, Turo602, Hazel, Thegreen. Thats 7 people! Just listen to me and everyone who agrees with me, I'm a townie. So, for starting this and getting so many followers.

I think I put someone in the by accident.... Hazel isn't mafia. Sorry about that. And yes, Ihave played this game before, not on a computer and with less people like 7 to 9. So if you keep me in I could keep me in I could be a huge benifet to the townies. Also I put in Turo by mistake.

How can you honestly see these quotes and say this player is going to be able to contribute anything this game? Especially those last two, but even in the first two we have him automatically accusing his accuser without really giving any reason (which I DID give). He also asks us to tell him how to play, and I've constantly said to think for yourself. If he doesn't, he's going to be influenced by the Mafia.

Furthermore, even going with the idea that he's another townie as a buffer for later in the game, that's still another inexperienced townie who will likely put his vote on the wrong person or be controlled by the Mafia.

We have nothing to gain by leaving him alive and there are many factors he presents which can prove detrimental to us. My vote still stands as does my recommendation for others to follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom