• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Austin
UNVOTE: Axle the Beast

With the day extended I don't need to have a vote placed on Axle, at the moment. I also find it funny to make Wyatt's tally wrong right after he's posted it.

It's true. I'm a horrible, horrible person. I'm godfather scum. No wait, I'm third-party scum. No. Even better. I'm town, mafia, and third-party all rolled into a nice role.

/bull****

Unvote: Kazumi

If there was ever a post that just completely derailed a mafia game, that sir, was it. You know what I think? I think Axle, through his deducting and sneaky powers, found out Kazumi was Vigilante, or had at least a significant role. I think he tried to hit him where it hurts, and he was almost successful with it too, almost killing off the Vigilante. He almost got away with it, if it weren't for that meddling kid.

I won't place my vote back on Axle quite yet, as I want to see how he defends himself, but I think my suspicions on him could've been right all along.

Unvote
Vote: Josh

Kazumi's claim is solid enough to avoid voting, at least for the time-being, and I want to thank you Kaz, because I think you just found our Godfather. I've already raised suspicion on Josh in the past, and in a few hours (mainly when I wake up, since I'm about to go to bed), I'll be happy to do another analysis post, but he's guilty of a few things similar to what I accused Kaz of. There's still a light chance that Kazumi could wind up being scum himself rather than vigilante, but I think we'll know that for sure if we lynch Josh.

If there was ever a post that just completely derailed a mafia game, that sir, was it. You know what I think? I think Axle, through his deducting and sneaky powers, found out Kazumi was Vigilante, or had at least a significant role. I think he tried to hit him where it hurts, and he was almost successful with it too, almost killing off the Vigilante. He almost got away with it, if it weren't for that meddling kid.

I won't place my vote back on Axle quite yet, as I want to see how he defends himself, but I think my suspicions on him could've been right all along.
For the record, if I was the Godfather, there's no way in hell I'd hunt down the Vigilante, especially not with so many Mafia still alive. In Batman Mafia I left the vigilante alive because he was killing townies, and bringing about our Mafia victory more quickly. I intend to play as such in future games... not that it really means anything in my defense since I just unvoted Kazumi anyway. :xd:

I question, which suspicions? I don't recall you ever FoSing me this game, instead just fluff voting for me (you admitted to it yourself). Actually, another thing you directly admitted is I'm one of the only players seriously contributing at the moment, so if it's down to you or me being the Godfather, you're the smarter lynch, since I can always be lynched afterwards if you turn out to not be... though if you're not something nightkill immune then that reflects poorly on Kazumi.

tl;dr: Let's lynch Josh. If you feel the need, target me next Day if you don't get a satisfactory result, because I can still be incredibly useful if I'm not the Godfather.

I question, which suspicions? I don't recall you ever FoSing me this game, instead just fluff voting for me (you admitted to it yourself). Actually, another thing you directly admitted is I'm one of the only players seriously contributing at the moment, so if it's down to you or me being the Godfather, you're the smarter lynch, since I can always be lynched afterwards if you turn out to not be... though if you're not something nightkill immune then that reflects poorly on Kazumi.

>>>>>>>V

I....I...I really don't know what to think at this exact second. Axle, honestly, I can't help but get over how suspicious you seem to me. It's not just because of how I feel about you outside this game, so don't blame it on that. I know it's probably not in my best interest to be mentioning it, since it is about me, but you incredibly quickly voted and unvoted me. Was I simply your first choice, or did you really have deep down motives that fell through? I dunno, you seem suspicious of me, I'm suspicious of you. :\

Pay attention next time.

So...

Most of the active players got killed off, and nobody wants to post.

I know how we can fix this,

Vote: Axle

Do I win?

^ THAT, and that alone was a fluff post, by the obviously sarcastic last line. You need to learn sarcasm, sir. :\

Kybyrian

VOTE COUNT

Josh 1 (Axle the Beast)
Axle the Beast 1 (Kazumi)

Day ends tomorrow. Prods were sent yesterday, so I expect you all to meet the limit.

Pay attention next time.
Ah, missed that. Literally never read it. xP

^ THAT, and that alone was a fluff post, by the obviously sarcastic last line. You need to learn sarcasm, sir. :\
You're actually generally always sarcastic, so being so does not help me in any way to distinguish how serious or not serious you may be. Additionally, you have to realize that if I believe you that requires me to trust you. You'll also notice that this post is the ONLY one I described as fluff voting. :bleh:

Also where the hell is everyone?

Austin

Austin
Sorry, sorry. I'm trying to be more active. Right now, I'm certain either Axle or Josh is the Godfather. Both of them probably have some sort of nightkill immunity, which probably makes both of them dangerous, but right now I want to focus on the Godfather. To be completely honest, both Josh and Axle fit the role, both are very good players and it's becoming difficult to decide which to cast my vote for. I'll probably end up voting at the last minute. I need to think about this more.

I've pretty much lost interest in this game, but I do have a vote to make. Can't be bothered to post reasons though.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
It is possible that neither Axle or Josh are godfather but I believe Kaz's claim and assume one of them is. Josh is too hard to read and so is Axle. Honeslty if Josh is godfather he isn't much a threat. Axle being townie or not is running this game and if he's townie he doesn't know who is scum and if he's godfather I don't think he'll buss this late in the game since there is few of them left.

VOTE:Axle

It is possible that neither Axle or Josh are godfather but I believe Kaz's claim and assume one of them is. Josh is too hard to read and so is Axle. Honeslty if Josh is godfather he isn't much a threat. Axle being townie or not is running this game and if he's townie he doesn't know who is scum and if he's godfather I don't think he'll buss this late in the game since there is few of them left.

VOTE:Axle
Actually, unless Kaz is lying, pretty much one of us has to be the Godfather. And I'm confident that it's Josh simply because one of us must be and I know I'm not. And I'm... legitimately thrown by the idea that Josh isn't a threat if he's the Godfather... The Mafia aren't a threat because they control the day, they're a threat just by surviving. The mistake you're making here is that a Mafia's job is to make it to the end of the game. A townie, they need to weed out all the Mafia. Aggression, activity, while Mafia will do these things to seem like Town, these are inherently Town traits. Fear of dying, hiding, etc., these are Mafia traits.

And yes, I'm "running" things, because I'm being very active right now. The only reason I have any level of control is because no one else is being active. So in all seriousness, that isn't my fault in the slightest but rather yours.

And here's another fact. Josh hasn't exactly contributed a lot this game. I have. Now I could still be scum, but given that I'm trying to spur activity (and even complaining that I'm the only one posting), if I'm killed and I'm the wrong lynch, then that's going to hurt the Town. And not that you have any reason to believe me, but I'm trying to help the Town. Even if I'm the Serial Killer (which frankly I'm more likely to be, since Keyshe was hitting me so hard for like 2 Days), my priorities would be to hunt Mafia, as there are so many left alive.

Lynching Josh, what would it really hurt? You said it yourself, he can't "hurt" the Town, because he doesn't truly contribute or control anything. If the results of his lynch are unsatisfactory, then kill me tomorrow. How can the Town possibly lose according to that arrangement? Hell, let Josh reiterate all his suspicions before we lynch him, and we can take a long hard look at them when/if he flips Town, including me.

EBWODP: Thought of another thing right after posting that... again, in the event that I'm Godfather, then that means Josh isn't, and thus my position is obvious. If I'm Serial Killer, then frankly I'm currently nothing less than an ally. Lynch me before the game ends but keep me alive to help hunt the Mafia.

And one last note I'd like to point out... and this may make me seem like accusing my accusers, but really it's not considering that I've already leveled this suspicion before: Notice that as of this exact moment, the people voting for me (Green Goron, and Jdenicholls) are all people who I've suspected before and have claimed fit the inactivity bill that I've been bringing up for lurking Mafia? They also seem to be ignoring the clear logic that lynching Josh and then me the next day if Josh doesn't flip godfather has... no downsides. Whereas if I'm lynched, and I don't flip Godfather... then that's another mislynch.

EDBWODP2: And come on guys, POST. You're going to let 4 people decide the day's lynch? Let me remind you that there's easily 3 Mafia left, which means that with this few votes they have completely control. And you accuse me of trying to lead the day when I'm constantly complaining about it? >.<

I laughed reading your post Axle, I really did. It's been a long, difficult day, and it was nice to come here and get a good laugh. That post was about the worst attempted reversal on someone I've ever seen. Here, let me explain:

Actually, unless Kaz is lying, pretty much one of us has to be the Godfather. And I'm confident that it's Josh simply because one of us must be and I know I'm not. And I'm... legitimately thrown by the idea that Josh isn't a threat if he's the Godfather... The Mafia aren't a threat because they control the day, they're a threat just by surviving. The mistake you're making here is that a Mafia's job is to make it to the end of the game. A townie, they need to weed out all the Mafia. Aggression, activity, while Mafia will do these things to seem like Town, these are inherently Town traits. Fear of dying, hiding, etc., these are Mafia traits.

Ah, using a converse are we? Can I play too?

Well, I'm not Godfather, so Axle must be.

Statement made. Point defeated.

And here's another fact. Josh hasn't exactly contributed a lot this game. I have. Now I could still be scum, but given that I'm trying to spur activity (and even complaining that I'm the only one posting), if I'm killed and I'm the wrong lynch, then that's going to hurt the Town. And not that you have any reason to believe me, but I'm trying to help the Town. Even if I'm the Serial Killer (which frankly I'm more likely to be, since Keyshe was hitting me so hard for like 2 Days), my priorities would be to hunt Mafia, as there are so many left alive.

Wait, wait wait a second. So, your reasoning for not getting lynched is even if you're Serial Killer, which is still third-party and still detrimental to the town in the end, that it's okay to kill me if I was Godfather. By my reasoning, unless the third-party is seriously underdeveloped in this game, the Mafia and third-party numbers should be fairly equal by now, especially with one mafia dead.

Really, that's pretty ridiculous to even try and convince anyone that works. And, what if you get lynched today, and turn out to not be Godfather, would I get lynched tomorrow then? Wouldn't that really be the same as me being lynched today and you getting lynched tomorrow? Your only excuse is you supply the town by posting more than anyone else, but a few inactives have come out of hiding and started posting. I don't really see where you're going with this. It just seems like you're trying to stay alive for one more night so you can kill someone else, you Godfather scum.

Lynching Josh, what would it really hurt? You said it yourself, he can't "hurt" the Town, because he doesn't truly contribute or control anything. If the results of his lynch are unsatisfactory, then kill me tomorrow. How can the Town possibly lose according to that arrangement? Hell, let Josh reiterate all his suspicions before we lynch him, and we can take a long hard look at them when/if he flips Town, including me.

Hey, I might be a little less active than you, but that still hurts man. That really hurts. I feel like I posted and contributed a lot more in this game, and you just shoved that all down. I'm hurt. :(

And, you want me to reiterate my suspicions, but not look at them until after I would die? Pardon my language but, what the **** is the point of that?

EWODOP:

Whoops, totally forgot:

Last edited:
Every argument you've leveled against me is easily reversed onto you Josh. Unlike you, however, I have a unique argument:

Let me spell this out. The chance of me being Godfather is pretty slim, really, considering that Keyshe tried to lynch me pretty hard. That's major... if I was a goon, then a bus makes sense. Not that I'm the Godfather. That's too valuable of a role. There's VERY little chance I could be scum.

Thus, again assuming Kazumi is telling the truth, there's only two possibilities:

1. I'm nightkill immune Town, at which point I'm a powerful asset.

2. I'm the Serial Killer, and this makes me uniquely useful. The Mafia can only win by matching the numbers of the Town. The Serial Killer counts towards those numbers. The Serial Killer can only win by eliminating EVERYONE, and he has no number advantage. As such, in a late game scenario like this with so many Mafia still alive, it is impossible for a Serial Killer to win unless the Mafia are taken out pretty quickly. Thus, right now, the Serial Killer, whether it's me or not, is hunting Mafia and is at the moment on the Town's side.

I can confirm that in Batman Mafia, when I was the Godfather, we were scrambling to find the Serial Killer. Not early on, because he was another person nightkilling townies, but later in he was a serious threat. The Serial Killer that game almost got us, and he was indeed the only reason we didn't take down the Town as easily as we did, because of him adding to the Town's numbers and because of his threat to us. We only really won, if I recall, because he didn't kill another Mafia before he was caught.

Kaz claims he hasn't been much use, aside from figuring out that me and Josh are nightkill immune, so he probably didn't kill Keyshe. Who did? Not the Mafia. So the Serial Killer has managed to kill one Mafia already.

So tell me, how can lynching me at the moment help at all? If I'm Godfather, you'll all know that for sure as soon as Josh is dead. If I'm not, you can always kill me later before the math gives me an automatic win, if you still don't trust me.

It just seems like you're trying to stay alive for one more night so you can kill someone else, you Godfather scum.
If I was Godfather, then my only advantage is the fact that I add one more to our team (and only one of us needs to survive for the entire team to win). If I die, then my team takes over nightkilling. In fact your argument, if true, would imply I'm Serial Killer.

EBWODP: Austin, Hachi, Hanyou, Djinn, Dracomajora, come on guys and at least vote for me if you're not going to side with my logic.

Last edited:
If people want, I can do an analysis of Josh, if that'll help to prove my point. But it's starting to piss me off that you can't do it yourself by doing the following:

Go to Forum Games, and by the Mafia A thread, click the number of replies. It'll show all the people who've posted in the thread and their number of posts. Click the number, and it searches them all up. Now analyze. :)

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Every argument you've leveled against me is easily reversed onto you Josh. Unlike you, however, I have a unique argument:

Let me spell this out. The chance of me being Godfather is pretty slim, really, considering that Keyshe tried to lynch me pretty hard. That's major... if I was a goon, then a bus makes sense. Not that I'm the Godfather. That's too valuable of a role. There's VERY little chance I could be scum

Axle, what your saying makes sense, but the fact that your pushing the fact that it clears you so hard makes me second guess it.

Also:

Hey, um Axle is the only person who has managed the minimum 3 post, since tomorrow is the deadline, you all are going to be mod killed .... Personally as a player who put a lot of time into this game, I'd like to request that it'd be nice if you all have given up on the game, you just give the game to the only person playing, Axle. There should be at least one winner after all XD, instead of a lynching/modkill fest of doom.

This post has been bugging me since yesterday.

Keyshe, a mafia member, who was after you while was alive in the game came back from the dead to ask everyone to give the game up to you. She says her reason behind it is because she put a lot of effort into the game, but that only heightens my suspicions that you guys are on the same side. You win = she wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom