• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, I agree with Axle, It was just a Jedi mind trick. But then again, what if Axle is trying to throw us off too. Maybe I don't know what I'm saying either... My head hurts.
Exactly. I could be trying to throw you off. At no point should you just take me word for it, because you can't trust anyone in this game. Look at the facts, look at my argument and the posts I refer to and make your own assessment.

Yes and No, Axle. In the last game. Zelda_8 used code for "Hanyou" because she was a roleblocker and had thought she successfully had blocked Hanyou the first night. Because of this "successful block" (i say it with quotes because it actually was not successful) She assumed Hanyou to have a power role (which he did, but it wasn't a blockable one)

She gave the code, and it surprisingly took many people a long time to figure out. It took me roughly 15 minutes of thinking to understand what she was getting at. And that's what determined her to be our next kill as a mafia. She clearly had information from somewhere, and must die. At the same time, she also had the most solid evidence to share with the town. And she had to find a way to convey her knowledge to the town without the mafia finding out.

In this scenario though, it doesn't make sense. The game mod, practically tells us the Non-lethal roles did not get their PM's in on time. So they have not gained any knowledge or intelligence to share with us. We also have no evidence against any mafia or even have a taste at how they are going to play yet. Do we have an intelligent Mafia? Do we have a cunning mafia? are they witty? are they Risky? Are they playing this game aggressively within the thread, or will they be doing their damage in the dark of the night? All these are things we have to consider when it comes to the mafia. It's far to soon for townie power roles to be making themselves known. It's only going to end with them dead.

Kyby and TheGreen are both smart enough players to know that. Which makes me wonder, why would they be spreading this confusion, unless they ARE MAFIA, and have nothing to lose by the mafia discovering these Hidden Messages.
First bolded segment: Exactly. It doesn't make sense in this game. I wasn't really referring to it with any previous game, although taking into account last game then you have the issue of the fact that the message was still intercepted by an unintended person and that became a problem. So in other words either the secret messages are too risky or are intended to cause chaos. My point still stands.

Second bolded: Also correct. Ky and Green have both acted strangely. I'm more lenient of Green, though, since it seemed like he was making a joke in reaction to Ky. Still, this kind of bantering back and forth this is weird and confusing and makes the people doing it suspicious. Ky himself seems very strange. Either an intentional Mafia move (which I would think he'd be too smart to pull) or the action of a Townie who's a liability.

EBWODP: Basically, Kybyrian has made a lot of weird moves. There's this code message stuff, and he's already challenged me without much basis. I wouldn't mind being challenged if there was a reason, but there doesn't seem to be. I'm waiting for him to explain himself, but he's making me very uneasy.

linksbro321

Awsome sauce!!!!!!!
Um... I know everyone stopped carring about this but I typed in the letters that Kybyrian capitalized on google. The search brought me to rain gifs. It probably has nothig to do with it but still. This then made me think about the song of storms. Thats why I'm saying this. Still I know it has nothing to do with this....

Axle the Beast said:
EBWODP: Basically, Kybyrian has made a lot of weird moves. There's this code message stuff, and he's already challenged me without much basis. I wouldn't mind being challenged if there was a reason, but there doesn't seem to be. I'm waiting for him to explain himself, but he's making me very uneasy.
I think Kybyrian is just feeling uneasy. If the mafia is run like they did in an earlier round, then we can already guess who their targets are going to be for their nightkills.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Master Kokiri 9 has replaced Austin (PJDEP).

Tally:

No votes cast: Axle the Beast, Master Kokiri 9, Pocket Asian, Kazumi, Kybyrian, Sasuke Uchiha, Illmatic, Icetomeetyou, Baysiderulez, Zelda's_Child, Din Akera, Zack125, TheGreen, Meego7, Turo602, Keyshe, Green Goron, Link to Present, Epwna, Cucco Power, DracoMajora, Hero of Music, linksbro321

Kybyrian

Okay, serious face.

I'm not really reading this thread, but I am lol'ing at your guys' reactions at my actions. Like seriously hardcore lol fun time. Also, if I was Mafia, would I give myself up so early in the game? I think not. Unless of course this is just a ploy by myself to do such a thing and then say I wouldn't do it if I was mafia, therefore making me mafia, and if I was mafia, then you wouldn't know it because I would try to cover it up by saying this!

The only reason you guys are getting confused by my meaningless messages is because you take things too seriously, as if there is a meaning behind everything.

If aggressiveness is your normal behavior, Axle, then forgive me. I haven't been in a game where either you or me lasted long enough to where I would be able to see what your actions are like. Perhaps after this game I'll have a better opinion on your usual actions. Until something more solid comes up, consider my FoS lifted. :)

Also, I'm considering keeping an eye on some of the people who come on here and post messages requiring others to fill them in on what's happening. Really it seems more like a mafiaoso kind of thing. Play dumb so people will think you simply are dumb. I admit there are a lot of newbies that can make mistakes, but you must never let your guard down for a second. I guess that's why you're all freaking out on me. :P linksbro or whatever his name is is a perfect example of this, especially in what Axle quoted(that may even be his only post, I'd have to check). It's a good place to start.

Kybyrian

EBWODP: His other actions also seem very meaningless. He does things that would pass him off as inexperienced, which he may be, but once again, I'm going to be keeping an eye on it.

EBWODP: Dang ninjas, jumpin' in here and there and everywhere

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
You have no basis. Your basis was a flat of "not even half truths" you manipulated information to make it fit your agenda. A true townsperson would use facts and quotes to back up their story. You make up stories and then push them to be true.
I still don't get you're point, but you're arguing with me has shown me that you're most likely not mafia. A mafia probably would have tried to set up everyone who has suspected you, where as you just defended yourself. I no longer suspect you.

Jo will probably win anyway because she's played this 10 15 9 19 13 1 6 9 1 times
You know for some reason I started thinking about the code that zelda_8(I think it was her) was using when she said HANXOU by using numbers in substitute for letters of the alphabet by the order of which they came, such as 1 being A and all that.
from what I've gathered looking Around, i think that axle is the Most suspicious Gamer out of anybody right now, due to his rather Aggressive nature. i might just not be paying enough attention, but I'm pretty sure axle is acting a bit weird. i encourage You to think about it... He may not have survived for very long in some past games, but I still think it's out of place with axle.

FoS: Axle the Beast

FoS: Kybyrian
It appears to me that you've been accusing many people. It seems that you may be throwing accusations around and seeing if anyone goes along with it. I don't get your reasoning and I'm sorry if I'm incorrect in FoSing you.

Kybyrian

FoS: Kybyrian
It appears to me that you've been accusing many people. It seems that you may be throwing accusations around and seeing if anyone goes along with it. I don't get your reasoning and I'm sorry if I'm incorrect in FoSing you.

I FoS'ed only one person, which was withdrawn, and only mentioned one other person, which was completely meaningless, without even actually pointing a finger at them.

linksbro321

Awsome sauce!!!!!!!
Why is everyone (a few people) saying that since i'm a newbie to mafia on THIS WEBSITE dosen't mean I've never played afia before. I have, and I'm not that bad.....

EBWODP: Ninjaed! @kybyrian: You somewhat FOSed me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
A casual tip: For easily navigating through a game to find a single post, or posts by a single player, go to the Forum Games board, instead of clicking the link to this thread, click the 'Replies' section (the number) for this game/thread, and it will open up a dialog box. From there you can click a certain player and it will show you every single one of their posts, and direct links to them.
Makes it super easy to go back to older posts, especially as the thread starts to grow.

Kybyrian

Why is everyone (a few people) saying that since i'm a newbie to mafia on THIS WEBSITE dosen't mean I've never played afia before. I have, and I'm not that bad.....

This only strengthens my suspicion. Your acts seem more like newbie moves, but knowing that you are in fact not a newbie makes me all the more suspicious of your actions.

FoS: linksbro321

Before anybody bothers me about accusing people at random, the couple posts from me above explain it. :)

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
which was completely meaningless, without even actually pointing a finger at them.
Sorry. I read Jo's post which made it sound like you were suspecting her because of her actions in the last game. I did jump to conclusions without getting the facts and I'm sorry. Uh, how do you unFoS? And where do you read the different abbreviations?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
A casual tip: For easily navigating through a game to find a single post, or posts by a single player, go to the Forum Games board, instead of clicking the link to this thread, click the 'Replies' section (the number) for this game/thread, and it will open up a dialog box. From there you can click a certain player and it will show you every single one of their posts, and direct links to them.
Makes it super easy to go back to older posts, especially as the thread starts to grow.

You, good sir, are a freakin' LIFE SAVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom