• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

I don't get what you're talking about... just an exaggeration about how many times Jo has played, you know. lol

David

But you called me here...
I was one that thought that Kybyrian actually meant something in that post. But you know, we're told not to trust anyone... Maybe he lied to us about his post. I bet there really is something to that post! *sneaks away and tries to decipher it* Yeah... I got nothing.

I was one that thought that Kybyrian actually meant something in that post. But you know, we're told not to trust anyone... Maybe he lied to us about his post. I bet there really is something to that post! *sneaks away and tries to decipher it* Yeah... I got nothing.
I already got something out of it:
Pocket Asian said:
However... I did find that if you did take all fourteen capitalized letters and rearranged them, you can get two words: Mafia and is. I can't figure out the other letters, those being: G R A B I Y H. This can imply that Kybyrian may be a mafioso, saying something about the Mafia as a whole, saying something about the game in general, or he may know who might be a mafioso.
If you haven't gone off of that, then try again with what I've given. I haven't been able to put anything together after mafia and is.

David

I've still got nothing... But I'm thinking that if there is something, those last letters are encoded with some alphabet trick. I've tried most of what I can think of. I've even tried using those letters as the first letters in each of the players names to see if its a clue as to who is mafia. But it doesn't work that way.

Meh, I've tried plenty to get one last thing out of it. I tried to see if the remaining letters had any sort of relationship to any of the names to other players, with no success. I think it be best to leave this behind for now.

David

If its important, it will come up later. But I'm keeping this on the back burner.

IGMEOY: Kybyrian

Or I could just be thinking about this way too much that it has thrown me off
This. These secret messages are stupid. Even if they were intended to convey an actual message, what purpose would they serve? Who is the person trying to communicate to in secret, and why? Why would a Mafioso do that when all of his allies already know who he is? And how exactly does he think it won't be caught and deciphered by people he didn't intend to receive the message?

What I'm getting at is these "secret messages" are nothing more than a tool for confusion. Either as a joke or as a legitimate effort to seed chaos, which only benefits the Mafia. I talked already about focusing on what matters, and this is another unnecessary distraction. If it was a joke it was stupid, as again it hurts the town.

Did I miss any thing important?
You seriously need to stop relying on us if you have any interest in winning or even just playing. The point of this game is deduction. You need to read everything and try to catch suspicious activity yourself. You can't trust people in this game, so while you do need to work with everyone to a degree you need to make your own assessments and conclusions.

Kybyrian is a clever player. We all know this. His latest (only?) post is promoting that we make large assumptions based on a player's previous tactics. Kybyrian is in a place of power in that he is trusted to be a good player by many of our peers. With this power he's trying to get everyone to make generalizations, cause confusion, etc.
Basing your theories on a person's previous behavior is actually a good tactic, and in fact in most cases it's the most telling and will help you find the Mafia. Behavior changes between actual games of Mafia are a little trickier, but they're still worth considering at least.

I do however find Ky's assessments to be pretty baseless overall and his attempts at causing chaos make me very uneasy.

The FoS against Axle was absolutely serious, though, so don't think I'm joking around there. :)
Yes, but what's funny about that is your FoS against me seems to lack basis. You call me out for being aggressive, which is completely in-character for me. And my posts so far have only debunked flawed reasoning.

Where is the basis for your accusations against me? What exactly have I done that is suspicious? Please explain.

If its important, it will come up later. But I'm keeping this on the back burner.

IGMEOY: Kybyrian
Don't assume it'll "come up", because if it is important then there will be attempts to bury it. Keep it in mind if you think it's strange.

Ky's message is meaningless. What means something is the fact that he posted it. It was obviously an attempt at causing chaos; he almost admitted it himself. That's not pro-Town behavior.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Whoa, I can see I'm late.

Umm, I agree with Axle, It was just a Jedi mind trick. But then again, what if Axle is trying to throw us off too. Maybe I don't know what I'm saying either... My head hurts.

David

Is there a plural for mafia or is it mafia?

That was a kind of a dumb question... It doesn't have anything to do with the game... It multiple mafias is plural. But if you're talking about the members in the game, you can just say these guys are mafia.

And I know that It might not be important. (referring to Kybyrian) I just want to make sure that if it comes up, I'll remember my thoughts about it.

Is there a plural for mafia or is it mafia?

Plural: Mafia
Singular: Mafioso

Jo will probably win anyway because she's played this 10 15 9 19 13 1 6 9 1 times

You know for some reason I started thinking about the code that zelda_8(I think it was her) was using when she said HANXOU by using numbers in substitute for letters of the alphabet by the order of which they came, such as 1 being A and all that. lol

"Jo is Mafia"? What makes you so sure Kyby. Why don't you kill me and find out. Here I have offered myself up. And still nobody wants to take the deal and vote for jo. I find this peculiar.

What I'm getting at is these "secret messages" are nothing more than a tool for confusion. Either as a joke or as a legitimate effort to seed chaos, which only benefits the Mafia. I talked already about focusing on what matters, and this is another unnecessary distraction. If it was a joke it was stupid, as again it hurts the town.

Yes and No, Axle. In the last game. Zelda_8 used code for "Hanyou" because she was a roleblocker and had thought she successfully had blocked Hanyou the first night. Because of this "successful block" (i say it with quotes because it actually was not successful) She assumed Hanyou to have a power role (which he did, but it wasn't a blockable one)

She gave the code, and it surprisingly took many people a long time to figure out. It took me roughly 15 minutes of thinking to understand what she was getting at. And that's what determined her to be our next kill as a mafia. She clearly had information from somewhere, and must die. At the same time, she also had the most solid evidence to share with the town. And she had to find a way to convey her knowledge to the town without the mafia finding out.

In this scenario though, it doesn't make sense. The game mod, practically tells us the Non-lethal roles did not get their PM's in on time. So they have not gained any knowledge or intelligence to share with us. We also have no evidence against any mafia or even have a taste at how they are going to play yet. Do we have an intelligent Mafia? Do we have a cunning mafia? are they witty? are they Risky? Are they playing this game aggressively within the thread, or will they be doing their damage in the dark of the night? All these are things we have to consider when it comes to the mafia. It's far to soon for townie power roles to be making themselves known. It's only going to end with them dead.

Kyby and TheGreen are both smart enough players to know that. Which makes me wonder, why would they be spreading this confusion, unless they ARE MAFIA, and have nothing to lose by the mafia discovering these Hidden Messages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom