• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time "Annoying" Navi?

Is Navi really that annoying?

• Yes, she's my least favorite character of any video game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I really wish she weren't in OoT

• Sort of, I liked some of her stuff, but she did get annoying at times

• Not really, alot of her stuff was really helpful to me

• No, she's one of my favorite charecters in Oot/Zelda in general

• Total voters
Maybe I'm the only one, but I absolutely hated the way they organized Tatl's little "enemy analysis" thing. Every enemy said something like "You don't know about [enemy's name]??? I loved how Navi just said the name, then under it gave you a little paragraph description or whatever. Sometimes I just wanted to know the name, and would have to dig through Tatl's description to find it. Am I the only one that found this absolutely annoying???

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I voted for the third one, which by the looks of things, was the popular opinion as well. I really didn't notice her annoyingness until heard others complain about her. Now that I realize it, she is kind of annoying at times but I think people over-exaggerate her irritability. She was an occasional nuisance but nothing intolerable.

OotLord1003

Young Link
I did NOT find her annoying, I liked her addition to the game.
She helped you with enemies, and tells you which way to go.
The ONLY thing I found "Annoying"...actually, she wasn't annoying.
She was...off tune, in a kind of way.
Well It's like this, you stumble across an enemy and are caught by surprise.
You swing for it and try all your weapons, so what do you do next?
You hit Up-C, for Navi's help.
Although it was kind weird going around.....Oh No! An enemy, (Z-Target) HEY!!!! WATCH OUT!!!.
But yeah, she is more useful than annoying, if you didn't have navi...there would be no Z-Target.
That would suck.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I think a thing with this poll is that most of us are answering it in retrospect, after having played through the game at least a couple times and knowing everything we need to know, hence making Navi not as 'useful' in that regard. (Y2K3 touched on this in his/her post on page 2)

But going back to when you first played OoT, I doubt anyone would say they'd have rather not had her in the game.

T

The Zelda Guru

i never thought about her being anoying...:/

i loved navi because she is the one experienceing the hardships with link no matter what happens to him. i know many people believe that navi was just an anoying sidekick but to me she was a friend! and when i played OoT at 10 years old i didn't have access to walkthroughs or guides so i loved navi's helpful hints and her overall company through out this amazing adventure of a game. it honestly never came accross my mind that she was anoying.:)

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Its weird Im actually not annoyed by Navi at all, she is one of the many, many, many things that I really liked about OOT. "Hey! Listen!" I don't know why I just always liked that!

I was hoping more Zelda fans would be more like the last two posters, Zelda Guru and Motleylink! That's exactly how I always felt about her until I started reading Zelda comics and forum posts about her being annoying. I was like what????

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I didn't vote because I occasionally find her annoying as a game mechanism but I actually quite like her as a character, to the point that I even wrote a story about her recently. Since I posted this in a thread that later ended up locked, I'll repost it here:

The people in the world who seem to know something bad is about to happen seem to be Zelda, Impa, the Deku Tree, Navi, and Link. Some of them have to be told by the others, but they all believe in Link's quest in some way. Other people seem to know that there's something bad with Ganondorf, but she is a member of that core group that I think realizes exactly how bad things could get. She gets points just for that. She is also protective of Link, judging by when she's shouting at him to "Watch out!" and warning him about hot lava (which you think would be a no-brainer, but the point is that she's looking out for him.)

And I've mentioned elsewhere, but I really love her line at the end of the game that, "There's no way he's going to hold me back again! This time, we fight together!" And this is after Ganondorf has survived the destruction of his tower and transformed into beast Ganon, which is one of the only times I think he's truly scary. Teeny tiny fairy Navi, willing to go up against one of the greatest evils in Hyrule's history. I love her just for that.

M

Mighty Deku

She is a really awesome friend to link, although she can get annoying.

Why don't people complain about Tatl as much I mean that guy was totally Arrogant

bds1110

Imp
Uh, first, Tatl is a girl, not a guy, Mighty Deku.

I found Tatl's arrogance somewhat appealing at the end of the day, similar to why to many people like Midna. If everyone was friendly and nice, it would give the game (And life) no flavor. I chose the third choice because Navi is a very good character for Zelda, but after a while, she does get a bit old. I don't mean to put her down, she was an awesome helper if you're in a pinch.

Z

ZeldaFan64

She is kinda annoying. I hate it when she says "Hey" so you have to press C-Up to talk to her and most of the time it is something she has already said a million times.

navi reached the peak of her annoyingness in the first dungeon when she kept stopping you and telling how to do obvious things, for example, "open a door using A" etc. but she did become helpful later on, how else would i know to visit saria after talking to zelda?
she was also helpful when you didn't know which temple to go to next, for example, me: okay, so where do i go now? navi: lets go to death mountain! me : okay! thanks navi!
tatl's attitude just really annoyed me. at least navi didn't try to act like she was important. besides, tatl didn't want to help link at all, while navi did.
in short, navi can be annoying sometimes, but it just wouldn't be OoT without her.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Well Saria does tell Link before he leaves the forest that when he plays her ocarina, she hopes he thinks of her and comes back to visit, which he does play it when Impa teaches him Zelda's Lullaby. But you're completely right .. your first time playing it's highly unlikely that you even think about that, so Navi is a big help there.

Kybyrian

When I had originally played I didn't find her that annoying, because I didn't really pay attention to that stuff anyway. I still don't, really, but because of everybody saying that she's annoying, I start to find her annoying, and thus I don't want her in OoT. She can be useful at times, yes, but only if you didn't know what you were doing in the first place, which doesn't happen to me often, even during the first playthrough of a game.

A

Adriana

Everyone always thinks I'm crazy for saying this, but I actually LOVE Navi, haha!
I personally thought she was really cute and helpful... And I mean come on -- "HEY! LISTEN!" is as classic of a Zelda quote as you can get, isn't it? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom