• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time "Annoying" Navi?

Is Navi really that annoying?

• Yes, she's my least favorite character of any video game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I really wish she weren't in OoT

• Sort of, I liked some of her stuff, but she did get annoying at times

• Not really, alot of her stuff was really helpful to me

• No, she's one of my favorite charecters in Oot/Zelda in general

• Total voters
T

Triforce Eden

I did not find Navi too annoying. Some of the information she gave was actually pretty useful. I also liked learning the names of all the enemies.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I never found Navi to be annoying until recently when I was trying to Cucco Jump into Gerudo's fortress as a child. She kept on bugging me to go to Dodongo's Cavern even though I already beat the game (I think Navi's brain fried when I did the "Reverse Bottle Adventure" glitch):lol:

Navi is one of my favorite Zelda characters! When I first played OoT I was 5 so i needed all the help i could get. Every time I heard "Hey!" or "Listen!" I was relieved because I knew Navi would tell me where to go or what to do. Without Navi's hints I wouldn't have been able to beat OoT at 5 years old.

L

legnase

Navi was okay. What annoyed me was that when I'm trying to press up on the c-stick to look around and I talk to Navi instead. Also if I play Saria's song and I say no to talk to Saria, then Navi asks if I want to talk to her. Why would I play Saria's song to talk to Navi? If I wanted to talk to her I would press up on the c-stick.

Navi FTW. She's awesome. Plus without her there would be no Z-targeting.

Z-targeting= the greatest thing about Zelda games. Basically.
I mean just the fact that it's a little flying friend helping you focus on an enemy, not just a game mechanic, makes the game so much more personal. It really is one of my favorite things about the N64 Zelda games (which are the only 3D ones I've actually played) I don't know how they do it with WW and TP, but if they don't have a little fairy or someone that helps you Z-target (as apposed to the game simply letting the character do it as a game mechanic), I'm going to be VERY upset while playing them. Just sayin

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
The only thing i found her useful for was z targeting, and turning green to teel to play a song. Otherwise, she was soooooo FRIKIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
It wouldn't have been so bad in OoT with the Z-targeting, except for hearing the "Hey! Listen" every other minute. If she wouldn't have spoken too much, it would have been fine. But, it's true, without her, there would be no Z-targeting.

Diablo

King of Redeads
She was helpful but in a annoying way. It did pretty aggravating when she went HEY LISTEN! and tell you same thing every time.

I never thought she was annoying. Personally I thought Navi was helpful when you first play. I do agree that some of the stuff she tells you is useless, like how to open a door but, she does help you if you're a first timer. I like Tatl more though, I don't know why but I do, and I like the little jingle that plays instead of hey, or listen it's like tintintin :) .

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I have mixed feelings about Navi. I like her character most of the time, but sometimes she insults my intelligence. I don't mind her "HEY! LISTEN!" too much, but I hate it when she interrupts me in the dungeons using unskippable text. Navi, I can figure out how to open a door! I know lava is dangerous! I think Navi is just okay overall. Kaepora Gaebora is worse, while Tatl and Midna are better.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
She did kind of got on my nerves a lot because when I got brawl, you can play a demo of Ocarina of Time on it, but you only get 5 minutes to play it. And Navi kept on coming up and saying these annoying *** things that I already knew about. And yeah... she's just annoying that she repeats these things you already knew about...

Jedizora

:right:
I think that Navi is one of the best video game characters ever. I mean, she can be a bit annoying but she is still awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom