• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time "Annoying" Navi?

Is Navi really that annoying?

• Yes, she's my least favorite character of any video game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, I really wish she weren't in OoT

• Sort of, I liked some of her stuff, but she did get annoying at times

• Not really, alot of her stuff was really helpful to me

• No, she's one of my favorite charecters in Oot/Zelda in general

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
She could definately get annoying, but after going so long without her, going back and playing Ocarina of Time on the Collector's Edition (and hearing her voice when you pressed "Z" for a description on the games) was very pleasing and nostalgic. (Yes, I was glad to hear her voice again.) I didn't realize how much I appreciated her until I had gone so long without having her in a game. Navi's one of my favorite characters in general, if you couldn't tell.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I like fairies and Spirits in general, and that includes Navi. Navi was only annoying to me in the beginning of the game when she pointed out the obvious like how to push blocks. But on the other hand, I can see how that'd help new players. If you don't appreciate Navi, think about this:

If you didn't have Navi, you would never have been warned about Wallmasters, and then randomly you'd be grabbed by an anonymous hand that pulls you back to the beginning of the dungeon, only to shout out loud, "WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT...... THING?!?!" Or something to that effect. Seriously, I might go as far as to say a few people may have the temptation to pee their pants and tremble before the unknown threat.

Most people who complain that Navi was annoying played OoT 10-10,000 times, and they heard her talk 100-1,000,000 times.

The only reason she's annoying to today's generation of gamers is because most gamers today have played newer 3D Zelda games, then they played OoT, and already knew how too "Open doors with the 'Action Button'" or that they "can't breathe underwater". But what you have to remember is that most gamers back in 1998 thought that OoT was the best thing known to man because it was 3D. It was also the first 3D Zelda, so they didn't know about the "Action Button" or that they couldn't breathe underwater, because in LA, the game automatically took you back up when you couldn't breathe. They also didn't know about the Water Temple, bless their souls.

Now Tatl, on the other hand, was basically a meaner Navi. She had the exact same purpose, telling you stupid stuff. Although you didn't need to know it because you already knew about it. Because between 1998 and 2000, gamers probably played OoT 20 times.

And then, there's Kaepora Gaebora....again, bless the 1998 gamers' souls. That's all I have to say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom