• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Legend of Zelda Game Got You into the Franchise?

Well, at first I had OoT without even knowing I had it. When MC came out, I got it for the GBA without knowing anything about Zelda. My second Zelda game was TP for the Wii, I got it with all my knowlage of Zelda being from MC. Half way through TP, I found out I owned another Zelda game called OoT. So, if I did not get MC, I would have never got TP. But I would have still got into Zelda when I would have found out I owned OoT.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
OoT was the first game I ever played. My mother and father sat for hours trying to find the Kokiri sword and I, at three years old found it in five minutes. I was hooked on the game from there and I continued to play games of the Zelda series ever since then.

Technically LA was the first game I ever played, but I was too little to really get it. OoT is what got me into the Zelda world, followed by MM.

Twilight Princess. It was the first Zelda game I had owned. There weren't many games for the Wii that interested me so I got bored with it. I knew there was a Zelda title for it, and I had the urge to give the Legend of Zelda series a try when Minish Cap came out, but I never bought any Zelda games at that time. After my birthday of last year, I bought Twilight Princess and got hooked on the series. Quickly after I got Ocarina of Time, then Wind Waker. Then Majora's Mask. I know I grew crazy for the series since I got seven Zelda games in half a year XD

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
When I was little, I went to my cousin's house everyday after school(school ended at 3pm), and he and me spent whole afternoons playing ALttP on his snes.
We spent almost the whole scholar year to beat it:)
As a gift from my mom, I received a GB and LA, and, i still own both LA, and my cousin who's no longer into gaming gave me the SNES and the ALttP cart, along 2 other couples of games

Z

Zeldahistory

when i was 9 there was this project in my school where you talk about one of your favorite things and this one kid talked about zelda. after school i went on my computer and looked it up. the next winter i got some wii points, i bought legend of zelda ocarina of time
and i loved the game so much that i got almost all the games

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I was already interested in Zelda when I got Phantom Hourglass. I had wanted to play for a long time so I saved up money and I went to Wal-Mart and bought it. It was the best DS game I owned at the time.
I'm sure what pulled me in was the music and the bosses. Some of the music sent chills down my spine and the bosses were so much fun. They were the second best part of the game. After playing it, I needed more. So I went and got Twilight Princess a couple years later.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, my first game was WW (ALttP being second and OoT being third), but OoT is the one that made me a lifelong Zelda fan. I had played WW and ALttP before then, but in late 2007 when I hooked my Wii up to the internet, I found out that there was a third game in the series: Ocarina of Time. I downloaded that and got playing. Needless to say, I thought it was incredible (as I did with WW and ALttP) and decided that I had to hunt down the rest of the series and play them. OoT, while a bit overrated nowadays, is the game that sucked me into the magical land of Hyrule forever.

13foxes

Alttp is my first Zelda game and also the game that sucked me in for the rest of my life. I got it when I was 8(or 9). I spent like 5-7 hours a day to play it, and it was the best game I've ever played so far. When I finally finished it (take about a year), my mind was completely blown away, that was incredible. So, I went on the Net and looked for more games, just then I found out there were even more Zelda games. Talk about how happy I was. =D

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I would actually watch my cousin play OoT when I went to visit my Aunt and Uncle. At some point he got MM, and I would still just watch him play... After some years I bought the original Legend of Zelda on Game-boy Advance and had a blast being frustrated with the puzzles lol :) I eventually got WW and then Zelda 2. I finally got OoT and MM on GameCube, then I got MM on VC just recently. I also have PH and ST. Oh yeah, I also bought ALttP and TP somewhere in that time. I would say that OoT was my driving force to get a Zelda game. But now I have to say that MM is by far the best Zelda out there and ST has the most heart warming story.

well, the first zelda game was minish cap but that wasn't enough to get me hooked, the zelda game that got me hooked on the series was Twilight Princess. the game was just mind-blowing to me because it was so much fun. since then, i've beaten a little more than half of the zelda games

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Wind Waker got me into trying out Zelda. That bad thing is I never finished it, but thank god for Youtube and friends. :P

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
for me it was phantom hourglass, I couldn't wait till the next game would come out, I didn't realise it had other games in the series then i found twilight princess, found here and BAM!!!! ZELDA IS THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To me it started with SSBB!!! I bought it for the wii and used Mario Characters. But everytime I fought Link I was a bit curious who he was. Yes I was a complete n00b. Then I checked the internet and googled Link. I decided to try Phantom Hourglass and got hooked. I immidiatly bought Twilight Princess and then the Zelda world took over. So originally it started with SSBB but when it comes to Zelda Games themselves it was PH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom