• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Legend of Zelda Game Got You into the Franchise?

my first zelda game was windwaker i remember waiting for my mom at walmart and i was in the electronics section i got bored and decided to play a demo of the windwaker it was the first boss of the game, the thing that looks like gohma on steroids. when my mom came to get me i told her i must have this game. we bought it and when i got home i played it nonstop good thing it was summer. anyway i have beaten 20 times from the time i got it to now.:)

What was everyones first game? tell why it got you into the franchise.

Beeker

Wild Card
Technically, I played Oot first. It was on the Collector's disc I borrowed from a friend. I played it for a bit then got stuck and basically quit the game-_-. But it was TP that really got me into the series.

When I got my Wii, me and my sis each got to pick a game(At the time, I didn't know too much about Zelda aside from SSB.). Me being me at the time,I picked Super Monkey Ball, while my sis got TP-_-. I started playing it and liked the story and the gameplay. After playing playing through the game once or twice, I fell in love with Zelda. So, I got Phantom Hourglass when it came out, went back and started playing older games(and got back to Oot) and by the time Spirit Tracks came out, I was fully following the series.

So, I guess I loved Twilight Princess because it had awesome graphics(at least for 2006/7), an amazing story(I remember thinking about it even after the credits), and some interesting gameplay and dungeons. It still remains my favourite game because of this reason: it's kinda special to me. :)

C

Callum1064

Phantom Hourglass got me hooked on Zelda. After I finished it I was like "Wow, I should try more of these."
So I bought The Wind Waker on eBay and when it came it turned out to be a preordered one so I got Ocarina of Time too! Happy Days :)
I'm getting Twilight Princess at the end of the month for my birthday :D

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
My friend let me play PH on his DS one time, and I loved it. I found out that it was the sequel to WW, so I got WW, and that was pretty much the start of my Zelda experience.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Spirit Tracks. My uncle, and my cousin (she is 5) love Zelda games (his wife doesn't like them), and they happened to get me ST. He/ they also got me a Nintendo Points card to buy Oot and MM. At their house I played WW for the first time, and it happened to be the Savage Labrinth, I got the past the Triforce chart, but I had to go home. And I got TP for my birthday.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
LoZ introduced me to the series, but AoL is the one that probably really stuck with me. I remember playing LoZ at my neighbor's house around the time it came out for the NES. It was a lot of fun so I eventually got it ... but then a year or so later I heard from some friends about a Zelda 2 coming out sometime, and I read about it in magazines and judging by what they said about it, I couldn't wait for it to come out. It came out, I got it, fell in love with it :)

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
OoT got me really into it. I already had PH and ST but then i got OoT on the virtual console (I wanted to see what all the fuss was about) and i got hooked. Too bad all the fanart i looked up ruined the whole Sheik=Zelda surprise -.-

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I remember when I was about five my dad wanted to show me the wonderful world of classic gaming, so he dug out his old NES and started playing the original LOZ.

I was absolutely fascinated. I wanted to stab Octorocks and explore dungeons, too.

Since we never had a SNES, and didn't get a N64 until way later, I was basically stuck trying to play that for the longest time. The furthest I got was to level six. =D

T

theangelraine

The first Zelda game I saw a glimpse of was a Link to the Past on one of my brother's friend's system. I didn't actually get to play a Zelda game until OoT came out for the N64. Since I was only 6 when the game came out it was too hard for me to understand and since it was my brother's game I didn't get to play it that often. The game that got me really into Zelda though was Majora's Mask. I really love that game it is probably my favorite in the series.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
PH was my first, but it was really just an introduction into the series for me. I found it fun of course, but not really a powerful hook, more like an appetizer. Because I liked PH and because Zelda was such a big video game series I picked up TP not long after getting a Wii. THAT hooked me. The huge universe, the engaging gameplay, the music in particular was strangely charming to me, I downloaded the full soundtrack and had it playing for months as background music in my work room. TP made me want to learn more about the Zelda universe, and it didn't take long for me to find Zelda Wiki, which had me enthralled for weeks. I figured by that time I was unmistakably obsessed with the series. =D

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
My first game was aLttP and it is by far my favorite gameplay-wise. I went on to play WW and MC which are also a couple of my favorites, but neither of those ones really encouraged me to play the older games or follow the series; I was happy with just playing those ones. Then I reluctantly played TP and became very interested in the lore and history of the Zelda universe. I went on the internet and saw how many loyal fans try to connect the games together into a timeline using obscure bits of lore and that had me further interested. Time passed, and eventually I became the hardcore Zelda fanatic I am today =D.

So I guess even though I had played many other Zelda games before TP and it is by no means my favorite, technically TP was the one that 'got me into' the series and encouraged me to play the older games I missed.

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
Link's Awakening for me. I heard friends at school saying how Zelda was so awesome, so when I got Gameboy Color, the first game I got was Zelda. Spent a year without walkthroughs beating it. Unforgettable experience.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, my grandpa has a N64 and he had both OoT and MM. I never was really interested in OoT, but I was fascinated by MM. Usually though, I would only get the Deku Mask and finish a bunch of the sidequests throughout Clock Town, usually the Anju & Kafei one first. (I've pretty much has that one memorized since the age of 8.) Sadly, every time I went over to my grandpa's, my cousins would always play on my file and beat Woodfall (and sometimes Snowhead) temple. I would get so P.O.'d that they kept playing on my file. I asked for a N64 and MM for my 10th birthday. I was shocked when I opened it and got a Gamecube and the WW instead. I started playing WW and to my surprise I loved it almost as much as MM. So I guess MM started me off, but the first one I actually owned was WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom