• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Amiibo Support

Skyward Sword HD

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The figurines should be higher quality in that case. But as it is they're really cheaply made and I wouldn't ever buy one if it didnt have an ingame function
Even then the lack of quality ingame functions means I still haven't bought any amiibos
Funny, I think my Wolf Link one is very well made.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
hold on, an amiibo of skyward sword link exists, why not have that do something at the very least?
It does do something, but I don't like that it does something that could really improve the quality of the game but that's just me.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The Zelda & Loftwing amiibo looks awesome. However, I'm not a fan of the functionality. I was expecting it to give you Zelda's Loftwing as a skin for your own or something. I wish simple QoL features that would make the base game much better weren't locked behind an external purchase. It's like if you needed an amiibo to get the Swift Sail in The Wind Waker HD. Not to mention the fact you need to scan the amiibo every time you want to warp in this way? I just don't get it.

That being said, I've already preordered it, alongside the game. This is solely based on how nice I think it will be to display, and I don't intend to use it much at all based on my current interpretation on how it works.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I agree with what almost everyone has said about the functionality of the Amiibo. It seems like an odd choice not to include it as an actual game upgrade, but I guess it’s to incentivise a purchase if you want to be able to have that upgrade.

In saying that, it’s nice to see Farore’s Wind return in some form. This will definitely make it easier to return to the Bazaar and then spend less time travelling through the sky to get back to where I was. And I have begrudgingly preordered it because I missed out on most of the previous Zelda Amiibos and would like one in my collection.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
When I first saw the announcement about the Zelda x Loftwing amiibo, I was super excited. That's so useful! But when I really started to think about it, an HD version is supposed to be a better version of the game. It fixes up the graphics and annoying mechanics. So really, this super useful function should be something thats already in the "better version". Nintendo decided to just take something they should've done and stick a $25 price tag on it. That's just exploiting a useful function for more money. I'm very disappointed, Nintendo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom