• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Amiibo Support

Skyward Sword HD
Can we really call it a super useful function
Not really. It's average at best. Nice to have but totally not needed. Also a lot of people would skip it because resource management is a thing in Zelda games and being able to skip that by porting back to town whenever does break this challenge. Not that this game is very hard but still.

The speedrunners though will have to work out if they want the amiibo in or banned.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The Zelda & Loftwing amiibo looks awesome. However, I'm not a fan of the functionality. I was expecting it to give you Zelda's Loftwing as a skin for your own or something. I wish simple QoL features that would make the base game much better weren't locked behind an external purchase. It's like if you needed an amiibo to get the Swift Sail in The Wind Waker HD. Not to mention the fact you need to scan the amiibo every time you want to warp in this way? I just don't get it.

That being said, I've already preordered it, alongside the game. This is solely based on how nice I think it will be to display, and I don't intend to use it much at all based on my current interpretation on how it works.

This is essentially where I stand too. I think the amiibo looks great and chucked in a pre-order right away, but having quality of life features locked behind it is dumb. This is especially the case given that nintendo just seems to love to have insufficient supply of Zelda series amiibo. If you don't get them when they're released they're pretty rough to come by at a decent price on the second hand market from what I have seen and it seems that they don't tend to restock them much if at all.

When I first saw the announcement about the Zelda x Loftwing amiibo, I was super excited. That's so useful! But when I really started to think about it, an HD version is supposed to be a better version of the game. It fixes up the graphics and annoying mechanics. So really, this super useful function should be something thats already in the "better version". Nintendo decided to just take something they should've done and stick a $25 price tag on it. That's just exploiting a useful function for more money. I'm very disappointed, Nintendo!
When Iwata was in charge they'd NEVER allow it to go this far. Doug Bowser really is Bowser!

This is essentially where I stand too. I think the amiibo looks great and chucked in a pre-order right away, but having quality of life features locked behind it is dumb. This is especially the case given that nintendo just seems to love to have insufficient supply of Zelda series amiibo. If you don't get them when they're released they're pretty rough to come by at a decent price on the second hand market from what I have seen and it seems that they don't tend to restock them much if at all.

Because they know people like you go for it. Your part of the problem so Nintendo will think that you will go for any low measure and sadly they are right. Nintendo Fans need to get better at criticism, and it shows : nintendo (reddit.com) They aren't stupid to what we buy/don't buy to quote a certain Disney film: "George feel not stupid." Full quote:

• George : Sometime George smash into tree. And sometime...
    [George screams and falls out of treehouse]
    George : Sometime George fall out of treehouse. But not feel stupid.

Don't think it will stop with locked ammibos. This is just a dry run of Operation Northwood this time for video games. Which sadly was not a conspiracy theory but refused to be mentioned in the media for obvious reasons.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting the amiibo... it looks cool
I dont want it and I dont understand why someone would want something that low quality
But the amiibo being desirable is a separate issue from the ingame content not being even marginally worth paying for
So if you consider the price of amiibos inflated for ingame content, then I just dont see the purchase being worth it in any world

But that's just me

When Iwata was in charge they'd NEVER allow it to go this far. Doug Bowser really is Bowser!

Because they know people like you go for it. Your part of the problem so Nintendo will think that you will go for any low measure and sadly they are right. Nintendo Fans need to get better at criticism, and it shows : nintendo (reddit.com) They aren't stupid to what we buy/don't buy to quote a certain Disney film: "George feel not stupid." Full quote:

• George : Sometime George smash into tree. And sometime...
    [George screams and falls out of treehouse]
    George : Sometime George fall out of treehouse. But not feel stupid.

Don't think it will stop with locked ammibos. This is just a dry run of Operation Northwood this time for video games. Which sadly was not a conspiracy theory but refused to be mentioned in the media for obvious reasons.
How is Jimmu part of a problem? Scalpers and those who feed them are part of a problem. Pre-ordering an item you want isn't.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Personally, while i am getting the amiibo, it is pretty much only because it looks pretty awesome, i doubt i will even use it really.

When you buy this kind of shady product you are telling Nintendo it's okay to keep lowering the bar. Which is why I refuse to do so. I am not giving them the message below:

Because as of today we are no longer (Slams fist on table) MAKING SPARE AMIIBOS PARTS! YARN | Because as of today, we are no longer making spare parts. | Robots | Video clips by quotes | 066956a2 | 紗 (getyarn.io) It will either be upgrades or the chop shop.

Anybody else got any questions? Today's new motto is......... YARN | "Why be you when you can be new?" | Robots | Video clips by quotes | 12743faf | 紗 (getyarn.io)

I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting the amiibo... it looks cool
I dont want it and I dont understand why someone would want something that low quality
But the amiibo being desirable is a separate issue from the ingame content not being even marginally worth paying for
So if you consider the price of amiibos inflated for ingame content, then I just dont see the purchase being worth it in any world

But that's just me
Just remember one thing with modern Nintendo: Why be you when you can be new! YARN | "Why be you when you can be new?" | Robots | Video clips by quotes | 12743faf | 紗 (getyarn.io) This should've been a meme.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in Nintendo as a company. They have had some shady business practices in the past, but, on top of the game being a full price Switch game - significantly more money than the original Wii release despite very few if any notable changes - forcing us to spend extra money on a toy just to unlock a quality of life feature that has no business not being included to begin with is complete and utter bull****.

I thought about canceling my pre-order of the game itself, but ultimately decided not to. However, there is almost a 0% chance I will be purchasing this amiibo for any reason other than as a cool collectable, and even then I've never actually purchased one before so the chance I will this one is low. Most amiibo I don't have too much of an issue with, since usually they just contain extra stuff that's nice but not needed, but this is something that could have and should have been included from the start, especially considering the high price tag the game already has. This is an excellent example of corporate greed and I am extremely disappointed.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
frankly I thought that how amiibo were handled in twilight princess hd and metroid samus returns were worse since that's content locked behind a $40 paywall or however much those amiibo go for these days
I just don't feel it as much here, I probably used up my energy on those two

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom