• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@awesome, look at these things (I quoted all things you posted wich I thought that were a bit suspicious):
Why do you say "the Townies" like you're not one? IGMEOY Durion!

I realize this might be/seem insignificant to bring up, but we have to start throwing suspicions around somewhere!

then look at your next post..

Let's not try to rush things. We still have five days to make an informed decision. And look what happened with Elfen (I did my research on the last game), he was a townie. We need to compile as much suspicions and evidence as we can before we lynch someone.

This is another thing that just doesn't fit together. Like it's posted by two different persons.

Right now if I had to I would probably vote Kokirion. I get the strange feeling he's trying a little "too hard" to scumhunt.

You say I'm to much scumhunting right? First of all, I can't really connect this with your opinion in my first quote of you.
Second, look at this:

1. You are suspicious of MK9 because he's suspicious of you? You're suspicious of someone who is trying to scumhunt? That's a bad reason to be suspicious of someone dude.

wow.. this is just weird :suspicious:

2. I'm serious about the game because I love mafia and I want to do some scum-hunting (aka win with the town). I'm not "trying" to get people to trust me, can you point out where I am? I hope people trust me because the see the genuineness in me and don't just "blindly" trust me. No one should trust someone else without a very good reason too. I'm not sure how either of these reasons would point to me being scum.

In the beginning of this post you said "I'm not trying to get people to trust me".

Saying this makes you a little bit more passive, what could be helpfull, and I don't think you are suspicious about this.

But directly after that you said "I hope people trust me because the see the genuineness in me and don't just "blindly" trust me. No one should trust someone else without a very good reason too."

After reading this post I almost had a feeling like: "you're right, and I trust you". But why... I mean why should you trust someone because of a post, a post like this can be written by any one, so I started to read the sentences again and I saw the connection between the first sentence I marked and the second one.

The first one gives you the feeling that you are saying something neutral. The second changes that neutral feeling to trust, together I think the post is quite manipulative but it isn't based on any facts.

I don't really think this last post alone makes you very suspicious but it does if you place it together with some of your other posts.

btw, I used Baysides link to find his posts, and I didn't quoted them directly. I quoted them in my post, and if you are not sure if he really said that, it's easy to follow baysides link and to check it ;)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
- We have to start somewhere =/= equal rushing things. I want to be a "spark starter" as (i think) Din called it. Means I want to get productive discussion started. But I don't want to rush into a lynch blindly either.

- I'll admit that saying you're trying to hard to "scum hunt" was a very weak suspicion. The question I was trying to answer was my own which was a hypothetical one. Honestly at that point I had no strong suspicions against anyone. It was basically just a blind shot in the dark.

- I already explained the "trust" thing, I don't know why you are bringing it up again. But you're right, you should never just trust someone blindly. That's what I've been trying to say all along.

Being the "spark starter", I realize this puts myself in the line of fire, but honestly I'm willing to take the risk. I just hope more people do what you and I are doing kokirion! If all the scum hunters die, then the townies will only have luck on their side.

BTW, I'm gonna ask my question again: If you had to pick someone to vote right now, who would you pick and why?

Kybyrian

tl;dr

I find the ones that are trying too hard as the suspicious ones atm. kokirion... masterlink, anybody else? Don't know.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'm not sure what to make of this kokirion/AwesomeLink war.

1. I doubt a Mafia would try so hard to get a Townie lynched Day 1 since it does nothing, yet it COULD be a ploy to get things going.

2. I personally think that this whole thing may just be one Townie misunderstanding another Townie. This is kokirion's first game (I'm pretty sure) and it could be possible that this could be a newbie mistake on his part. I remember my first game where I was a Townie and I thought some people were suspicious because of some bad evidence (sound similar? it should) and look what I turned up as: a Vanilla Townie.

3. I doubt that this is a staged fight between Mafia members. It makes no since[/LoZ.com reference] to do something so bold so early in the game and with so little fire on him. However, who knows, maybe they're trying to copy my game from last time by doing something that NOBODY would expect to happen so early.

Honestly, I get the feeling that kokirion is just a newb Townie who's misunderstanding things and thinks he's making good points when he actually isn't.

For now, I'll give him a PoS due to the chance that he MAY be trying to copy me from last game, so PoS.

Pinky of Suspicion: kokirion

Herp derp.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I just thought to point something out. It may just end up being insignificant, but a lot of scum walked free last game because people overlooked seemingly insignificant things.

Zack125 has posted quite a lot in this game so far, but the majority of them are really short, and a lot of them are really simple questions or statements without any sort of real meat behind them. Compare that to his play tactic last game, where though he still mostly had short posts, there was a lot more thinking evident, and plenty has happened that warrants thinking about. I sometimes feel like people who drop by only to make short, not-thought-out posts are just trying to lay low while not staying so inactive as to gain attention for it.

Just some food for thought.

As for the little back and forth going on b/w Kokirion and AwesomeLink, a lot of these back and forths tend to be misunderstandings b/w townies, especially this early, so for now, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Zack125 has posted quite a lot in this game so far, but the majority of them are really short, and a lot of them are really simple questions or statements without any sort of real meat behind them. Compare that to his play tactic last game, where though he still mostly had short posts, there was a lot more thinking evident, and plenty has happened that warrants thinking about. I sometimes feel like people who drop by only to make short, not-thought-out posts are just trying to lay low while not staying so inactive as to gain attention for it.

Last game was different. I was mostly going after Atsuma and he never tried removing the spotlight on himself. It was easy for me trying to question him without trying. In this game, I don<t have anyone I find suspicious.

What's so important about keeping track of everyone's posts?

I'm beginning to doubt you've ever played this game before... Most times the mafia are either really really active, or trying to fly under the radar, So looking at who's posted and how many times, allows me to conclude who I need to be paying more attention to.

Why do you find "trying too hard" as being suspicious?

EBWODP: And who is masterlink? :P

I think he means Master Link ;)

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Because,scum could try really hard to find evidence and contribute to try to make people belive thier helpful and a townie.It's a common Mafia tactic.I've seen it used plenty of times.

Actually, the only known person that comes into my mind is Master Kokiri 9. He tried so hard, and both rounds, he was scum. But it isn't as common, since only person that comes to my mind, is MK, but a more common is saying nothing helpful in your posts. That's common;)

I'm beginning to doubt you've ever played this game before... Most times the mafia are either really really active, or trying to fly under the radar, So looking at who's posted and how many times, allows me to conclude who I need to be paying more attention to.

I've played this game this before just so we're clear. Although some mafia members are flying under the radar or very active, they are not the only ones.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
1. You are suspicious of MK9 because he's suspicious of you? You're suspicious of someone who is trying to scumhunt? That's a bad reason to be suspicious of someone dude. If you're going to point your finger/pinky at someone, give an actual reason.

2. I'm serious about the game because I love mafia and I want to do some scum-hunting (aka win with the town). I'm not "trying" to get people to trust me, can you point out where I am? I hope people trust me because the see the genuineness in me and don't just "blindly" trust me. No one should trust someone else without a very good reason too. I'm not sure how either of these reasons would point to me being scum.

No. I'm not so immature to do something like that. As I said, it's becasue of the history he has in playing Mafia. He's really good at hiding it. Others have spoken of how good he was at hiding his scumminess.

You take this game very seriously. A bit too seriously. Someone with a Mafia past like yours ought to be good at hiding it. You're also getting overly defensive whenever someone is suspicious of you. Is something bothering you~

Last edited:
I've played this game this before just so we're clear. Although some mafia members are flying under the radar or very active, they are not the only ones.

Yet you make it sound absurd that I even brought it up... Let alone correctted him when he mis-interpreted me. Are you protecting him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom