• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Because,scum could try really hard to find evidence and contribute to try to make people belive thier helpful and a townie.It's a common Mafia tactic.I've seen it used plenty of times.

True, but it's not always the case. Is everyone who hunts for scum suspicious? "Scum hunting" is how you play the game. It's how you expose the scum and lynch. You can't always rely on the vigil to save the day. Personally I'm a little more suspicious of those who sit on the sidelines and wait for everyone else to act.

masterlink... awesomelink... same thing. You and that guy are trying too hard.

Again how is trying "too hard" suspicious? Granted I called Kokirion out on the same thing, but I admitted that it was a weak retort and I just trying to stir the pot and get things going. You shouldn't be looking solely at how much I post, but what is in the content of what I post.

No. I'm not so immature to do something like that. As I said, it's becasue of the history he has in playing Mafia. He's really good at hiding it.

You take this game very seriously. A bit too seriously. Someone with a Mafia past like yours ought to be good at hiding it. You're also getting overly defensive whenever someone is suspicious of you.

If it looks like I take the game too seriously it's because:

A. I love mafia
B. I'm competitive by nature
C. It looks that way because I keep trying to be the spark starter (like I said before, someone has to do it). And look what's happened as a result, people finally have suspicions of people and are not just saying anymore "Gee whiz, I have no idea who the is" but are now being able to formulate suspicions. It's put me in the line of fire, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Being too defensive is not always a bad thing, bad defenses are. I'm more concerned about who's being under defensive.

Piece of advice: don't always judge people on the quantity of their posts but the quality. Also don't fall victim to tunnel vision and just look at one piece of evidence the whole time.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
A spark starter is someone who tries to get accusations going isn't it? That sounds like something a Mafia would do. They try to get the Townies roughed up and watch as they start to accuse each other. How do I know you're not trying to defend another Mafia member by throwing yourself under the bus?

Fos: Awesome

I hope you don't mind the nickname~ I call everyone by the first mart of their username.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Awesome is a terrible nickname...................JK :P

But remember, people said that Baysiderulez did the same thing last game. So it's not always a scum tell. And what mafia member would I be trying to "hide" by throwing myself "under the bus"? BTW, Townies need to accuse each other so we can find the scum. Accusations is where it starts.

Answer me this question: If we didn't scum hunt and accuse each other, how else do you suppose we find the scum? Wait for them to say: "Hey lynch me I'm scum!" ?

Awesome: Despite your "sparkstarting," we aren't getting anywhere. In fact, we are setting ourselves back by looking for little flaws that aren't really evidence at all. So how about we just remain calm, and allow for the scum to slowly show themselves. It may take a while, but in the long run it will help us win this fight against the scum. We may lose a few of us townies along the way, but no pain, no gain. What do you say?

Kirino

Tatakae
True, but it's not always the case. Is everyone who hunts for scum suspicious?Scum hunting is how you play the game. It's how you expose the scum and lynch. You can't always rely on the vigil to save the day. Personally I'm a little more suspicious of those who sit on themuch I post, but what is in the content of what I post.
I'm not saying everyone who scumhunts is scum.All i'm saying is that if a person constantly posts evidence,and tries to look helpful,they might be scum.Evenmore so if that person is posting meaningless/not helpful evidence.Because the scum member would try to make him self look helpful,so he wouldn't get lynched.Get it now?

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Awesome: Despite your "sparkstarting," we aren't getting anywhere.

We're actually further along than when we first started. I'm not saying that we're close to lynching scum. But at least now everyone is starting to gain suspects and starting to think a little bit.

In fact, we are setting ourselves back by looking for little flaws that aren't really evidence at all.
I disagree. You may be right in that the little flaws aren't "really" evidence, but we have to start somewhere. Otherwise, we'll get nowhere.

So how about we just remain calm
Trust me, I'm being very calm right now actually. When I get irritated you'll know! ;) Don't confuse my "pro-activeness" and defensive styles as panicky.

, and allow for the scum to slowly show themselves.
Hey dude, read the post above you. Are you saying we should wait for the scum to come out and say "Hey guys I'm scum!" Think about it for a minute.

It may take a while, but in the long run it will help us win this fight against the scum.
[sarcasm]Okay yeah that sounds great! Let's not do anything and we'll win![/end sarcasm]

We may lose a few of us townies along the way, but no pain, no gain. What do you say?
This makes sense only if you take it OUT of context of what you just said. Since statistics are not on our side (it's more likely we'll lynch a townie D1) we have to proactive in scumhunting to get the scum to reveal themselves by their mistakes. If all we did was just post things like "Gee I don't know who the mafia is" or "Golly I'm not sure who to vote for" then we're pretty much just getting nowhere.

Once again, this is me being calm (not sarcastic). I'm not sure how I can be any calmer. Even when I am the one being called out for defending myself from accusations thrown against me. [sarcasm]That makes perfect sense.[/sarcasm] Not that I mind people accusing me (people are just doing their job), but how bout for once we stop tunneling the guy being pro-active and look at those who want us to sit back and do nothing while the mafia kills us all *cough* Hero of Time *cough*

I'm not saying everyone who scumhunts is scum.All i'm saying is that if a person constantly posts evidence,and tries to look helpful,they might be scum.Evenmore so if that person is posting meaningless/not helpful evidence.Because the scum member would try to make him self look helpful,so he wouldn't get lynched.Get it now?

For my rebuttal, I just bolded the key word in all of this.

Perhaps someone else that has been a long time player like yourself?

Oooooookay, then explain to me how that works.

@ Hero of Time: BTW, I don't mean to be rude, but just out of curiosity, how many games of mafia have you played before? I didn't see you on the list for the last game unless I overlooked it.

Oh and a PoS (pinky of suspcion) on Hero of Time.

@Awesome: I haven't played Mafia before, but I played Guild Wars. And about that last post, the "remain calm" thing was more aimed at everyone, not just you :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I disagree. You may be right in that the little flaws aren't "really" evidence, but we have to start somewhere. Otherwise, we'll get nowhere.
I'd like to add something onto this. I was the SK last round, stayed pretty low key, played it safe, and no one suspected me until someone pointed out the small flaw of my poor voting record (as in, I pretty much voted once the whole game). It wasn't really "evidence" persay, but enough to get conversation started, and enough to get the SK lynched. So yeah, these small things, don't overlook them ;3

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
[Kokirion, y]ou're awfully quick to defend yourself.
So you were online at the same time. Big deal. You're quick to continue your accusations.

I'm saying if you ARE scum you'd be very dangerous.
Yes, yes. He's proven to be quite dangerous.

Because,scum could try really hard to find evidence and contribute to try to make people belive thier helpful and a townie.It's a common Mafia tactic.I've seen it used plenty of times.
True, but it's not always the case.
I know Baysiderulez already accused people of defending the mafia, and you are keeping at it. We all understand that there are exceptions. So ya, IGMEOY: AwesomeLink86

A spark starter is someone who tries to get accusations going isn't it? That sounds like something a Mafia would do.
That's what I did.

Hey dude, read the post above you.
[sarcasm]I'm sure whoever posted this in the past few pages immediately recognized this quote so out of context.[/sarcasm] It would be helpful if we at least knew who you were talking about. (just us the tag
[I said:
username[/I] ] instead of [quote ]and then we'll at least know who you're addressing.

(PoS means "Pinky of Suspicion", by the way, it's basically the Pichu of the FoS family and a very miniscule form of the FoS).
I find this extremely unnecessary.

@Awesome: I haven't played Mafia before, but I played Guild Wars. And about that last post, the "remain calm" thing was more aimed at everyone, not just you :P
@HoT: Okay that makes me feel a little bit better :-)

My PoS still stands though :P
This exchange doesn't sound like two mafia committing public displays of affection or anything, but it does sound like a mafia trying to gain a townie's trust. I'll add IGMEOY: Hero of Time

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
[sarcasm]I'm sure whoever posted this in the past few pages immediately recognized this quote so out of context.[/sarcasm] It would be helpful if we at least knew who you were talking about. (just us the tag
[I said:
username[/I] ] instead of [quote ]and then we'll at least know who you're addressing.

All of the quotes up until I quoted Draco were of HoT. I pretty sure he figured that out considering his whole quote was only a few posts up. All I did was break it down.

EBWODP: Woops! The quote got all messed up.

Kybyrian

Again how is trying "too hard" suspicious? Granted I called Kokirion out on the same thing, but I admitted that it was a weak retort and I just trying to stir the pot and get things going. You shouldn't be looking solely at how much I post, but what is in the content of what I post.

I typically find that the townies have more slack... but that's just based on one game's observations, you know. People who try too hard to get people lynched are usually Mafia, which is why that they push so hard. They know there can be no negative outcome because they know whether the person is Mafia or townie. Of course, somebody has to start it. The harder the starter pushes, the harder the other will retaliate. Usually the starter is the one I'm talking about.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I typically find that the townies have more slack... but that's just based on one game's observations, you know. People who try too hard to get people lynched are usually Mafia, which is why that they push so hard. They know there can be no negative outcome because they know whether the person is Mafia or townie. Of course, somebody has to start it. The harder the starter pushes, the harder the other will retaliate. Usually the starter is the one I'm talking about.

If you look at my reasonings, you'll see why I'm trying to be a spark starter. To get things moving. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom