• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Oh~ Are you accusing me now? ISTR others talking about how good others said you were at hiding your scumminess.

POS: Master K. and Awesome

Master K. for the reason stated above and Awesome because he's so serious about the game and he's trying to get people to trust him by being so "honest". Are you hiding something from us~

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Icetomeetyou;189651Master K. for the reason stated above and Awesome because he's so serious about the game and he's trying to get people to trust him by being so "honest". Are you hiding something from us~[/QUOTE said:
Okay. So you're suspicious of me because there's a chance that I'm scum? Or is it because if I am scum I'd be so dangerous? I don't get how that works to be frank. What if I'm Town this time and you end up losing a valuable ally? I really don't understand your suspicion of me. Oh well, it's not like it's the end of the world if ONE person is PoS'ing me.

And as for AwesomeLink, Baysiderulez from Round 2. I rest my case. She was doing pretty much the same thing and ended up Town. I'd say it's not ordinary for him, but with how much of a variable KK Mafia #4 is, we can't be sure. And really, he's done nothing to earn any form of suspicion in my book. He's been acting very Pro Town in my opinion and really has addressed some important issues in my opinion.

I dunno what to think of this, there's a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that you're scum and you're trying to force somebody to get lynched/are sacrificing yourself to our demand for scum blood and potentially attempting to help keep an important scum buddy out of suspicion.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
You're awfully quick to defend yourself.

I'm saying if you ARE scum you'd be very dangerous. You seem to be acting like any normal Townie would. Too normal. I'm suspicious of someone who's trying to blend in. Also of someone who is getting someone to trust them.

Mmm...The more you accuse me the more I grow suspicious. It seems to me like you're trying to pick off newer Mafia...ers.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Alright. So, I would like to point out a ‘sparkstarter’ AwesomeLink86. Asked us all two questions somewhere at the beginning to get discussion moving. Which in some ways was good. There was less randomness to posts to try and get things moving forward. Couple things I would like to point out though:

I like this nickname :cool:

Did his research. Okay, probably a good idea, but strikes me a new player doing his homework to fulfill his role properly. I know people like this game (I know I do) but if you were just a townie, how many of you would honestly research the entire last game?

I did a quick read through of the last game when I signed up. Since I don't know that many people here, it was helpful to learn people's playstyles, quirks. Research my actually be too strong a word, it was really just a quick read through.

Here he does ANOTHER spark. Get things moving, get people pointing fingers at each other, get townies to turn on each other.

Again with the ‘let’s go, keep it moving, keep ragging on each other.’
Moving on to other posts of interest.

Someone has to get things moving ;) As for townies turning on each, I like to think of it more as "scum-hunting", actively searching for scum and not sitting on the sidelines.[/QUOTE]

AwesomeLink is actually a bit of a veteran in this game. He's new to the Online Edition but he has played the Card Edition before (with real people all in the same room). And I know AwesomeLink a little bit from Kokiri Kid Mafia 4 on LoZ.com and I gotta say, it isn't exactly normal behavior. But then again, KK Mafia #4 is a huge variable since it's ongoing and he hasn't been confirmed scum or Town yet, so yeah.

Honestly though, it really seems like he's just being a Pro Town player to me. Helping us address things and all...

I'm flattered you remember my mafia history! :)

Lol... AwesomeLink seems to be playing the role I played last game... With all the "lets keep it moving people" and I admire that. You definitely got Jo's seal of approval little one. If you turn out to be scum, I think I'll cry. There's something honest about you.

All shucks. Well thanks!

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Also I'd like to point out that currently Kokirion has been most active in this game.

I'll try to explain why ;)

I don't live in America, but in the Netherlands. That means I live in another time-zone.
When I have the time to reply not much people are online, so most of the time when I post only 2-3 people reply before I post back, this makes it look like I'm one of the most active posters.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Oh~ Are you accusing me now? ISTR others talking about how good others said you were at hiding your scumminess.

POS: Master K. and Awesome

Master K. for the reason stated above and Awesome because he's so serious about the game and he's trying to get people to trust him by being so "honest". Are you hiding something from us~

1. You are suspicious of MK9 because he's suspicious of you? You're suspicious of someone who is trying to scumhunt? That's a bad reason to be suspicious of someone dude. If you're going to point your finger/pinky at someone, give an actual reason.

2. I'm serious about the game because I love mafia and I want to do some scum-hunting (aka win with the town). I'm not "trying" to get people to trust me, can you point out where I am? I hope people trust me because the see the genuineness in me and don't just "blindly" trust me. No one should trust someone else without a very good reason too. I'm not sure how either of these reasons would point to me being scum.

kokirion

2. I'm serious about the game because I love mafia and I want to do some scum-hunting (aka win with the town). I'm not "trying" to get people to trust me, can you point out where I am? I hope people trust me because the see the genuineness in me and don't just "blindly" trust me. No one should trust someone else without a very good reason too. I'm not sure how either of these reasons would point to me being scum.

First you say, "I'm not trying to get people trust me." And directly after that you say "I hope people trust me..."

You didn't tell the truth, in the last red sentence you are trying to convince other people to trust you (In a way) :P

I'll try to explain why ;)

I don't live in America, but in the Netherlands. That means I live in another time-zone.
When I have the time to reply not much people are online, so most of the time when I post only 2-3 people reply before I post back, this makes it look like I'm one of the most active posters.

no dude... you've actually made the most posts in this thread... if you clicked that little link I put in my post... it'd take you right to it.

infact... Here let me link you to it again...

[CLICK ME]

You have made 12 posts before this one, Followed by Zach125 with 9 posts, Next would be Durion tied with AwesomeLink at 8 posts.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
First you say, "I'm not trying to get people trust me." And directly after that you say "I hope people trust me..."

You didn't tell the truth, in the last red sentence you are trying to convince other people to trust you (In a way) :P

Dude "trying" and "hope" are to different things. Like I can try to lift a huge rock or I can hope that rock gets lifted up. AND Note the bolded part, this is not the end of my quote. I'm saying I hope people are trusting me BECAUSE (emphasis here) they find me genuine. Genuineness is not something you do but something you are. I am genuine, I'm not trying to be.

[sarcasm]But great job at twisting my words around[/sarcasm]

no dude... you've actually made the most posts in this thread... if you clicked that little link I put in my post... it'd take you right to it.

infact... Here let me link you to it again...

[CLICK ME]

You have made 12 posts before this one, Followed by Zach125 with 9 posts, Next would be Durion tied with AwesomeLink at 8 posts.

What's so important about keeping track of everyone's posts?

kokirion

You're maybe not accusing me, but you felt the need to point it out. You wouldn't have done that unless you have your suspicions or trying to set me up.

All right, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for NOW, but let it be known.............IGMEOY!

sorry for the HM reference :P

You have no reson to IGMEOY me, I should be the one who IGMEOYs you.. :dry: don't turn things. You are just trying to make me suspicious of your own mistake. I would've thought "ok" if you didn't IGMEOY me, sorry but this in now an FOS.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
You have no reson to IGMEOY me, I should be the one who IGMEOYs you.. :dry: don't turn things. You are just trying to make me suspicious of your own mistake. I would've thought "ok" if you didn't IGMEOY me, sorry but this in now an FOS.

1. I do have a reason. You called me out about something and then claimed you weren't accusing me. If you're not accusing me or at least suspcious, then why did you point it out?

2. Who's turning things? I was suspicious of you (even though it was weak) before you accused me of lying in my post.

3. What is my mistake? I explained perfectly well what I meant.

Your attacking me because I said you were twisting my words. Whether it was intentional or not you did. And BTW an IGMEOY just means that I'm going to keep a closer eye on you. It doesn't necessarily mean that I have strong suspicions of you. I'll admit my suspicions are weak but it's all I got right now.

What's so important about keeping track of everyone's posts?

Though not absolute, it may offer us some clues. Lot of times the scum will hide in the shadows and only post to avoid a mod-kill. From the looks of it, this happened quite a bit in your last game. That's not to say that everyone who "lurks" is scum, but it is definitely a scum-tactic.

I don't like rolls either....*shot*
I keep reading IGMEOY as ITMY which is a short version of my name. :/

I'm finding a couple of people suspicious. But I need to watch them both when they're here. Maybe then I can start to validate my
suspicions.

I see what you did thar...excuse my bad grammar, I had a mind blank yesterday, I couldn't spell at all. xD

Mmm...The more you accuse me the more I grow suspicious.

This should be an EBWODP unless someone's posted whilst I was browsing...but anyway

The last person to pull the good ol' "accuse your accuser" tactic was Atsuma, who practically accused everyone that was accusing him, and he flipped Mafia in the last round. I'm not sure if this is a beginners mistake on your part, but it's an extremely bad tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom