• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Austin
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to drop me a PM.

Procedure:
The game will begin in the “Day” period. This will last around a week, most of the time. At this time everyone will post in this thread to share evidence and discuss who they believe is Scum, a word used for those who are in the Mafia. Of course, the Mafia will be active at this point as well and will pretend to contribute to the investigation as townies. It is during this period that every player will cast their votes towards the lynch that takes place each day.

Post who you want to vote for in the format:
Vote: Player X
If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:
Unvote: Player X
Additionally, you can chose to lynch no one by:
VOTE: NO LYNCH

Please make sure that each time you vote and unvote you place it in BOLD. That makes it much easier on me when I go to tally up the votes. Players can cast their votes and retract their votes at anytime during the “Day” period. However, if the majority of the votes go to a single player, the “Day” period will end right then and there and no one will be able to take their votes back. If a majority is never reached, whoever has the most votes at the end of the “Day” period will be lynched. Once everyone votes and a player is lynched, his or her true identity will be revealed and the “Night” period will begin.

During the “Night” period, there is no posting in this thread. The serial killer and any townies with important roles will PM me who they wish to use their respective night abilities on. The Mafia will PM their night-kill choices to the Godfather, who will in turn PM the majority decision to me. Once this is all done, the “Day” period will begin again. The identity of the dead player(s) will be revealed, and the investigation will continue. This will happen again and again until one side wins.

Rules:

- DO NOT PM EACH OTHER ABOUT YOUR ROLES. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game. Mafia members may PM each other, of course, as well as the two Masons.

- DO NOT POST INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME. This means any information, revealing or otherwise, that comes from screenshots of the active user list, IM conversations, or anything. If you post such information, you will be ModKilled.

- You may only post in the Day period.

- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote: Player X

- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.

- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled.

- IF YOU DO NOT POST ONCE EVERY THREE DAYS, YOU WILL BE MODKILLED! The exception to this rule is if you contact me with a reason for you inactivity, just so I know that it isn’t pure apathy.

Basic Commonly Used Abbreviations/Words
AtE: Appeal to Emotion
BWCS: Best Worst Case Scenario
EBWOP or EBWODP: Edit By Way Of (Double) Post
IoA: Information over Analysis
IwA: Information with Analysis
IGMEOY: I've Got My Eye On You
ISTR: I Seem To Remember
FoS: Finger of Suspicion (When you are not sure enough to vote, use the vote format for this, ie. FoS: Player X)
RVS: Random Voting Stage (usually occurs during the beginning where people vote at random)
Scum: Mafia or anyone else bad (Serial Killer)

Roles (basic)

ProMafia:

Godfather - Leads the Mafia family and usually is the only one that PMs the Game Mod the nightkill choice. He appears innocent to the cop, and cannot be Nightkilled by any third party.

Roleblocker - Choose 1 person, per night, and block's their night ability.

ProTown:

Cop - PMs the Game Mod each night 1 person's name, and that person's role and affiliation is revealed to the cop.

Doctor - PMs the Game Mod each night 1 person's name. If that person is a target of a Night Kill, that person is safe, for one night. Doctor cannot save himself, or try to save the same person twice.

RoleBlocker - See RoleBlocker above.

Mason - Usually 2 or so Masons exist. They know who each other are, so they can stick together. Besides that, they have no abilities.

Vigilante - Like the Mafia, he/she has a Night Kill ability that is PMed to the Game Mod. He/she tries to do off the Mafia, but can just as easily kill Townies.

Prince/Princess - He or she looks and acts exactly like a Townie. The Prince/Princess may NOT reveal his/her role to ANYONE ELSE. If the Prince/Princess is lynched or nightkilled, the next "day" will be spent mourning for him/her, and voting will not occur that day.

NEW ROLE Vengeful Townie - Essentially, this person is a normal townie in almost every situation. They try to contribute to the investigation with and don’t bear any ill thoughts towards anyone. However, if put under the pressure of a lynch, their disposition will turn sour. They will randomly kill a single player right before they themselves die. It’s meant to discourage random lynches. Just to clarify, I'll choose the person the vengeful townie brings down at random. This ability is rendered inert if the VT is the victim of a nightkill.

Third-Party:

Serial Killer - He/she is out only for themselves. The SK pretends to be a Townie and can vote, much like the mafia, but also has a Night Kill ability. The SK wins when he/she is the only person left standing. Also, because I can, the Serial Killer will use various psychic powers in death scenes during this game.

It’s an otherwise normal morning, until everyone wakes up and realizes that the overwhelmingly vast majority of the town has been burned to the ground, residents and all. Only the town square and its twenty-five residents remain.

Knowing that the perpetrators of this dastardly deed were still among them, and fearfully aware that the maniac they had been made aware of recently was certainly alive and well, they all came together with mutual suspicion to try and bring those who destroyed their beloved and peaceful town to justice.

Game Mod:PJDEP

Players:
Durion
Kybyrian
Treehuggerpanda
TheGreen
KrazyKyuubi
Icetomeetyou
zack125
Ver-go-a-go-go
Master Link
Din Akera
Hero of Time
Jetter
Axle the Beast
Baysiderulez
link to present
kokirion
green goron
Xinnamin
zelda_8
TheSkywardSword
Master Kokiri 9
AwesomeLink86
Dracomajora
Chise
Hanyou

Five of you are Mafia, nineteen are townies, and one is the lone Serial Killer. If you haven’t received a PM, you are a regular townie. You have until October 11th to make your first lynch. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

whoa man mafia is up

lol i trol u

Now where to begin... let's start making some posts!

Mafia seems to start out awkward a lot... doesn't it?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well what's the point of Mafia if you didn't have to think and just randomly lynched people, right? But being day one and all, who knows, it may just come down to that. With 25 people, it's not THAT dangerous to random lynch I don't think, still don't encourage it, but we certainly can't do it later on.

So i guess we wait for someone to slip up then, eh?

The 11th is 7 real days away... That's enough time to stimulate some discussion and lure out the mafia.

I like the new role for the fact it makes the game harder, it's more fun that way.

I guess we'll have to wait for this awkward part to pass too. :< It takes too long.

Welcome to the game everyone. I hate these awkward moments at the beginning, as well. I guess there's no other way to start though.

Kybyrian

So do we wait until a few more people post saying, "Let's wait until a few more people post."

lol flawed logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom