• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Gaming Company Could Take Over the World?

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
A friend asked me this question the other day and i thought it would be a good theard. I think nintendo would because they are probably the biggest company and they've got mario on their side:dry:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Microsoft could, they have so many people willingly paying $100 a year for a service that would be $60 or potentially free. So, they'd have all the money AND all of the workers. No other gaming company works the way Microsoft does to my knowledge...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well according to Halo Reach Bungie can. Seeing as how they have a plan for world domination they're already one step closer then anyone.:lol:

Last edited:

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Tch. Nintendo already does rule the world, for better or for worse. Unseating them from their throne would be one heck of an undertaking.

Seriously answering your question, it would be Sony or Microsoft. Probably the latter, because they still control the computer market.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I'm not understanding the premise. Which is more likely to have total market dominance?

If only one, currently, it would be Nintendo.

Realistically, it could be anyone of the big 3 if they're having a good generation. But no matter how dominant Sony or Microsoft become, Nintendo will always have the ability to carve itself a profitable niche in the gaming market simply due to its software content. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong and lesser others will always have a decent few million fans keeping the company afloat, so long as Miyamoto remains alive and depending on how well he's taught his colleagues.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Does Facebook count? I mean, they don't develop their own games, but you can play tons of games on Facebook. And Facebook is everywhere. You can link your facebook account with pretty much everything, log in through your facebook account everywhere. Knowledge is power. And they know everything about us. We told them. If they merged with Google (and if you ask me, that's just a matter of time), the other huge online information-gatherer, we'll have the foundation of a Shadowrun-type corporation. And once we do things like presidential votes and stuff over faceboogle, or whatever it will be called, they've won.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
CoD seems to have taken over the vast majority of boys at my school...But Nintendo's characters are known far and wide, so I think it should be them. Although, I am not sure how successful one gaming company can be.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
It kinda depends on how you look at it. If you're talking statistically then it's Nintendo they have sold more systems than both Sony and Microsoft. If you're talking financially then it's probably Microsoft. I mean for some reason people actually PAY to use online when the PS3's online is free. Well I get why people don't like online on the Wii it mostly sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom