• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What Was the "Worst" Part About TP?

What Was the Worst Part of TP?

• The story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The characters

• The Twilight

• The difficulty

• The style (specify something, i.e. graphics, music)

• Other (please specify)

• Nothing, I enjoyed the whole game!

• Total voters

geek4887

The Unknown
Man, this is one of my favorites, probably only topped by OoT(yeah, i'm sorry majora). What I did found disappointing was the lack of sidequest(or basically it needed more freedom), and obviously, the difficulty. Like everyone says, there was so much untapped potential in this game. This game did have what it took to finally dethrone OoT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If I have one complaint, it's that the second half of the game was basically a rehash of the first half in how it was carried out. Just that there was no real story involvement, making it feel repetitive and somewhat stale. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole game, but the second half could have been executed much better than it was.

Big Octo

=^)
After playing it, a feel that it is a little different from other Zelda games, but I don't necessarily believe that it was a bad game. Honestly, I don't see why others criticize so much. Sure, it's not as good when compared to Ocarina of Time, but it's actually a quality game in my opinion.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I have two main complaints about Twilight Princess and they were how Ganondorf's introduction into story and the graphical style. These two things really affect the game so they are pretty important issues. This is not to say I hate Twilight Princess I love this game, as many say, a mediocre Zelda game is still a great game. I also say if you love something, you have to notice the bad things about the game. Without further adieu, let's get on to the things I dislike about Twilight Princess.

The first thing I want to talk about is how poorly Ganondorf was executed into the story. Okay at the beginning of Twilight Princess we are introduced with Zant, which is seemingly the new villain. At the time, he seemed like the big boss. Well after Arbiters Grounds we are greeted with a wonderful cutscene of the Sages about to execute Ganondorf, they explain that Ganondorf is truly the big boss. I don't know about you, but this seemed too out of the blue for me, they spend all that time developing Zant, to have him blown away by Ganondorf. That doesn't seem a proper way to introduce the King of all Evil, but that is only the first thing I have wrong with TP the next is coming up.

Finally, I really didn't like the realistic look. I think the point of a video game is to escape reality and have it look that way, and I have to say that I really didn't like the gritty, boring, and dark tone of Twilight Princess' graphics. I honestly think that is the main reason that ESRB upped the rating. That's not to say it deosn't look like a Zelda game, which it totally does, I just think that with the way that Skyward Swords graphics look is the way to go. I honestly don't know Twilight Princess gets a lot of praise for its graphics, I think that Wind Waker is more deserving of graphical praise, of coarse that is just my humble opinion and if you disagree tell me why, I'll gladly read your post. Thanks if you read this far and have a magneficent night.
-Tony

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The first thing I want to talk about is how poorly Ganondorf was executed into the story. Okay at the beginning of Twilight Princess we are introduced with Zant, which is seemingly the new villain. At the time, he seemed like the big boss. Well after Arbiters Grounds we are greeted with a wonderful cutscene of the Sages about to execute Ganondorf, they explain that Ganondorf is truly the big boss. I don't know about you, but this seemed too out of the blue for me, they spend all that time developing Zant, to have him blown away by Ganondorf. That doesn't seem a proper way to introduce the King of all Evil, but that is only the first thing I have wrong with TP the next is coming up.

Actually, the Sages didn't reveal him to be the "big boss". They just said Ganondorf was behind Zant's power (which makes perfect sense, as there's no way Zant could have done what he did alone). It wasn't revealed that Ganondorf was back until the very end. Zant was still supposed to be the ending of the game up until that point. It's not the revelation of Ganondorf that was terrible, it was that he was introduced and that they did literally nothing with him after that until the confrontation with him. And Zant wasn't "blown away by Ganondorf", Nintendo just ruined his character by turning him into a lunatic. I guarantee you people wouldn't have complained as much (and some not at all) if Zant had remained the cool, effortless villain we had seen before. Nintendo didn't put Ganondorf in there because they had to, but because they wanted to. I mean, Ganondorf's the main villain of the series, and not explaining what happened to him after he was ridden out of Hyrule is an insult to him. Bringing him into the game seems almost natural to me. Could it have worked without him? Sure. But it worked with him, as well. It just wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

Finally, I really didn't like the realistic look. I think the point of a video game is to escape reality and have it look that way, and I have to say that I really didn't like the gritty, boring, and dark tone of Twilight Princess' graphics. I honestly think that is the main reason that ESRB upped the rating. That's not to say it deosn't look like a Zelda game, which it totally does, I just think that with the way that Skyward Swords graphics look is the way to go. I honestly don't know Twilight Princess gets a lot of praise for its graphics, I think that Wind Waker is more deserving of graphical praise, of coarse that is just my humble opinion and if you disagree tell me why, I'll gladly read your post. Thanks if you read this far and have a magneficent night.
-Tony

I totally respect anyone who has a beef with the graphics of a game, but you've got to remember that Nintendo makes the graphics of the Zelda games to fit the style of the game. They didn't make it just to make Zelda look realistic (and I'm not saying you said that). Yes, people praised it for its graphics due to so many people today thinking graphics have to be like that (*ahem* IrateGamer *cough*), but that's not what Nintendo was after, and I think many people fail to understand that. (I'm sure you understand that. That's just something I wanted to throw out there.)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't really get how you can dislike TP. Roll Goal could be annoying, but it was optional. The only purpose of Roll Goal was to give players something to do for fun, which it did accomplish for me. Even if you waste rupees on it, there's billions of extra rupees in TP anyway. I don't think it matters. As I just said, there an overabundance of rupees in TP, but there's no harm. So what? You're wallet is full for half the game. Even if there are chests you couldn't keep open because you had to put the rupees back, does it matter? I honestly just think that TP was fine the way it was. My great experience is half the reason why I want SS.

P

PikaLink

I really liked Twilight Princess. It was really something unique, and I liked the unique aspects of the twilight, the wolf, the style, and the dark feel the game had. It was a really easy game, but it was a fun game that I can play over and over.

Groose

Groosenator
I did enjoy the whole game, but the lack of difficult enemies, puzzles etc. really bugged me. I think I went through the whole story without dying once.

Z

zeldafan1on1

I enjoyed the entire game iesoacly the turning into a wolf part

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i loved the game start to finish. the first few times i wasn't too keen on hunting the tears but last time i quite enjoyed it

I didn't really love the wolf transformation and some of the bosses and dungeons had a lot of potential to be greater, but to me they seemed to be lacking something different. but I really did enjoy the game nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom