• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What Was the "Worst" Part About TP?

What Was the Worst Part of TP?

• The story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The characters

• The Twilight

• The difficulty

• The style (specify something, i.e. graphics, music)

• Other (please specify)

• Nothing, I enjoyed the whole game!

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
For those of you who "strongly dislike" Twilight Princess, what is it that irks you so in the game? Is it the wolf sequences? Perhaps the story, or Midna's interaction? Was it the difficulty, or rather, lack of difficulty? Maybe something else?

I know there are threads similar to this, but I'm being more specific here. I want to know which part in TP makes it "boring." I've never quite understood why people don't like TP as much as I do, so maybe hearing multiple opinions will help set the record straight. So, vote in the poll, and tell me in the comments!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
When I started playing and saw that it was nothing like that badass first trailer that they showed us. (Which turned out to be complete CG, by the way.)

V

Vaati

I personally enjoyed TP, it being my first Zelda game, but people might not like it becasue of the lck of difficulty in the dungeons. A few dungeons (Arbiter's Grounds, Yeto's Mansion) were just annoying, but not really challenging. Some of the oldre games had extremely difficult dungeons from the room-after-room-full-of-monsters to the brain-racking puzzles. Overall, TP was an amazing game, but the dungeons could have been better.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have some very mixed thoughts here, I really did like TP and thought it was one of the better Zelda titles. However the item situation in the game I thought was terrible.

Every boss required a very special item to open up a weak point or knock them down in some way to reveal a location that Link could hit with the sword in a very specific pattern. This annoyed me as the boss fights went from a challenging combat situation with a powerful monster to almost another puzzle to solve. This is fine once or twice as not every single fight goes exactly the same and some creatures can have some sort of natural or magical defense that Link has to overcome with an item found. This goes all the way back to the dodongos of LoZ. But TP had every boss fight set up this way. They all required the dungeon item to weaken them, hit with sword two to three times, monster gets back up, repeat.

I love Twilight Princess, I think that it's an excellent game, and one of the best I've ever played. However...

That doesn't mean that there was one section that the game really could have done with out, well, several really. I hated having to run around hunting for the bugs in the twilight areas, it's one of the most single boring tasks I've ever had to do in any game, especially in the Lanayru Province. The amount of area you had to cover (whilst completing that mini-game) seemed like forever. It could have done with something along those lines, as I see why they added it, but there were much better ways in which they could have executed it.

Although this probably belongs in the graphics section, I'm still classing it as part of the Twilight as it's the only part that it is effected. In the early trailers of Twilight Princess, the overall feel and look of the Twilight Realm was perfect as it was created only using tones, it just seemed right. Then the team at Nintendo decided that a gold/yellowish colour would good, and I don't think they could have got much further away from the truth.

Other than those aspects, Twilight Princess is still an amazing game.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'm going to post something that I just said in the shoutbox earlier today:

Vincent said:
as a video game, it's great
as a Legend of Zelda entry.... ehhh... not so much
and you know why?
because Miyamoto decided to step back and let Aonuma and his team make their version of what Zelda should be
the game lacked that Legend of Zelda charm
that's what it is missing
because Miyamoto's mind that spits out rainbows of whimsically wonderful ideas was not there
sure he oversaw the project, but he took back seat

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
My favorite part of TP was the story. What I didn't like was that the game was a bit on the easy side for me. Also, it seemed like it was trying to copy Ocarina of Time too much for my liking. These are just minor complaints though, because I love this game as a whole.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I love Twilight Princess, for me it did live up to the hype. However if i had to say there was anything that was bad about the game then it would be the difficulty. I think being that it was the first zelda game for Wii that Nintendo were still in that launch mode where they wanted to try and attract as many people as they could to the Wii. This in turned caused them to turn the difficulty down in Twilight Princess and it showed.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I freaking love Twilight Princess. I keep wanting to call it my favorite Zelda game until I remember the joy I get from replaying Majora's Mask over and over again. That being said, it definitely wasn't perfect.

When I first put in Zelda, I had loads of fun figuring out the different puzzles or Ordon and the revealing story. However, some parts of the game left me urging to not play. From the first temple until you learn to sumo wrestle was one part. From finding the totem polls to fighting the boss in the City in the Sky was the other. These parts seemed long, tedious and boring. Other than that, I don't really have anymore issues with the game play.

The thing that urks me the most about TP is the lack of Dark Link. TP has the best story in the Zelda series, but this is the one flaw. Twilight Princess is easily the darkest game in the series, how can you not put Dark Link in the darkest game of Zelda? All he got was a camio that made no sense in a story we really didn't care about. He could have and should have been the mini boss for the Zant's Castle. He finally had a chance to be in a game, with a decent back story, and Nintendo didn't put him in. Every time I think of the flaws of TP, I feel that that is a major one.

Other things like the boss difficulty, lack of magic meter, and lack of using items... I understand why people would complain about those, but I don't. I see reasons behind things like those and feel they brought a certain atmosphere to the game. I too was annoyed by Midna's brattyness to the highest degree, but if I hadn't been, it would be more difficult to notice her big change throughout the game. So I don't count those as flaws, just different things that some people didn't enjoy.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I enjoyed the entire game. The only thing I had a problem about was the third dingeon. The Lakebed Temple. I hated it because it was so confusing. But other than that, how could I have a problem with this game? Fun, creative, interesting. The difficulty was perfect, considering it was my first Zelda, and the characters looked great. I did not have any major problems with it, so I would reccomend it to anyone looking for an adventure game.

I was dissapointed i most of the characters...the mail man for example...they made this man out to be basically a ****** no offense to any one he had a skrewed up face and you could find him in some places trying to make difficult decisions...and telma they made her a lil bit like a hoe.....i wasnt pleased with gorons.....midna was the by best character of the game.....and i wasnt fond of the wold to human thing it made you switch way to much it got very frustrating

The bad bit starts shortly after the opening cutscene and ends just before the final one. :lol:

I think it's probably not a bad game. In fact it may well have qualified as the greatest game of all time...had Ocarina of Time not come out. It just felt like a rehash really. I don't mind Ninty trying new things and not quite pulling them off (Wind Waker) but in my opinion Twilight Princess just didn't bring anything new and interesting to the table.

More specifically, a friend of mine criticised the game for giving you an item in one dungeon and not re-using it again later. Given the linear progression of the dungeons this made for less interesting puzzles. A lot of the game felt bland to me, come to think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom