• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What Was the "Worst" Part About TP?

What Was the Worst Part of TP?

• The story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The characters

• The Twilight

• The difficulty

• The style (specify something, i.e. graphics, music)

• Other (please specify)

• Nothing, I enjoyed the whole game!

• Total voters

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Other things like the boss difficulty, lack of magic meter
YES! How could I forget the bosses? They were really fun to fight, some of the nicest looking, and planned out bosses in the series, but they are far too easy to take down. You go through this challenging dungeon that is corrupting the land with some ferocious beast inside, and then that so called ferocious suddenly becomes a joke. A very fun joke to play with, but still a joke, nonetheless. It's upsetting.
And don't even get me started on the magic meter.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
The things that annoyed me
1: Boss "difficulty" (put in quotations because they're not difficult)
2: Blue Rupees, you all should know what I'm talking about.

Everything else was pretty good, I feel like I'm forgetting something though......

A

AlphaWolflink09

I picked other because, on the Wii version, I have a hard time with the controls, because I have limited use of one hand

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I did not like the colors! It was kind of "yellowish" and dark in a way that did not impress me. It was dull somehow. The graphics was ok and the Link was the coolest one so far but the colors, it messed everything up and is the main reason that it is not my favorite 3D Zelda game :O

Garo

Boy Wonder
Let me preface this by saying that the game is fantastic and one of my favorite games of all time.

But, the one problem I have with the game is that it is too easy. I understand that having played Zelda games all my life, I've probably seen most of the tricks they can pull to make dungeons challenging. And sure, I can intentionally restrict myself in some ways to create further difficulty. All of that is well and good, and is why I still enjoy the game. BUT - I feel that they could have made the dungeons far more tricky, and far more clever. There are a score of items that we get in one temple, and use very rarely in future ones. This is where they missed their opportunity. Whenever I want to give an example of a perfect dungeon, I point everytime to the Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask. It is the culmination of everything that the player gains throughout the course of the game, and the puzzles require the use of each one. One must be able to use the Goron Mask, the Zora Mask and the Deku Mask with incredible finesse and precision in order to complete the temple. On top of that, it requires a great deal of control over Link's human form and the items that he can use, limited to the Mirror Shield, Hookshot, and Bow though that may be. The temple as such is very challenging and quite cleverly designed because it uses everything that Link has at his disposal in tandem. This is where Twilight Princess COULD have shined - imagine a single puzzle that requires the use of the Spinner, the Ball and Chain, the Double Clawshot, the Dominion Rod, the Bow, the Iron Boots - all of these items that Link acquires throughout the fairly lengthy game. It would be one of the most revered and well known puzzles in Zelda history, and would have made the game far more difficult and suitably challenging.

The game is great, but could have been even greater had Nintendo taken chances with their dungeon design and made some devious, clever puzzles.

Z

zEmini

Going through my second play through right now.

Only things that come to mind that I disliked was how easy the dungeons/bosses were and the dumb twilight areas that needed to be cleared.

Other than that, it is an excellent Zelda game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I said other because the only part of the game I disliked was gaining the tears of light. This part seemed like it just was in the game to make it longer. These parts were tedious and boring. I Think that the tears in ST's Tower of Spirits was much better done.

I enjoyed it. When you feel a connection with the characters in a Zelda series thats what really gets me. Thats why I am not enjoying Links Awakening as much as say, Wind Waker. I feel no connection.

P

proudnoobtoober

TP is badass except there was no use of music and the little music things were crappy that is wat found wrong they should't have put the music things at all

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
I chose the style, because I didn't like the sad feeling it makes lots of the time. Music has always been one of my favorite things about Zelda games like in OoT, MM and WW but in TP I didn't like it as much... I didn't like Twilight much either.

L

Lord Fenix

I'd had enough of switching between light and darkness by the time I finished Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Other Nintendo games have done the light world/dark world thing. It just seemed pointless and worn-out to me.

The game was so easy it ruined it for me. Absolutely no need for collecting things like PoH and Armor if you can breeze through the game with no challenge at all.

A very good game, but too easy. I could never get lost in a dungeon because they are so linear and the game basically tells you where to go thanks to Telma's Bar and the mail you receive.

Now in OoT Navi does tell you where to go, but she doesn't give you all of the details. For example, after you learned the Nocturne Of Shadow, she tells you that you should play the song.You play the song and you are at the entrance of the Shadow Temple. You go down the stairs and what do you find, no entrance.(SPOILERS)You might have Din's Fire but if you don't you are going to have to do some exploration. After you learn the Nocturne of Shadow, you don't receive a letter from the Great Fairy saying that you need Din's Fire to open the entrance to the dungeon and you have to go to the past and go find a rock near Hyrule Castle to find the entrance to the Fairy Fountain.There isn't alot of exploration except for side quests like the Poe Souls and collecting bugs.

Something else that makes TP so easy are the enemies.They don't do alot of damage and they are very easy to kill thanks to the hidden skills. Now the hidden skillsare fun to pull off I admit, it makes combat fresh and new. I just wished the enemies were smarter, faster, and stronger. You could just swing your sword and they will most likely get hit and fall to the ground where you pull off the Ending Blow. I wish there was a more strategic way to kill enemies. Bosses are also easy to kill. Just use the item you found in the dungeon to help defeat the boss.

Other than the difficulty, I really enjoyed TP, but then again I can still enjoy TP even if it is really easy. If it was more challenging it could've been my favorite Zelda game as of now. Some ways I can make it harder is the 3 heart challenge, wooden sword glitch, ect. Alot of people seem to think this is the best Zelda game because it was probably their first Zelda game because I have talked to alot of people. That's understandable and I am happy that TP is your favorite Zelda game because it is a very good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom