• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters
Heh, my first one was the original on the NES. I was around 5-7 years old and it was awesome. But I don't think I ever beat it until I was about nine years old :P

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Ocarina was the first i played but Wind Waker was the first i brought. Since then i cant get enough of Zelda games excellant series. looking foward to Skyward Sword.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My first Zelda game was ALttP, and I thought it was awesome. I will never get bored of playing it, ever 10 years from now. It is currently my 3rd favorite Zelda game.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
My first Zelda was OoT. It took me about a week to find the Kokiri sword because I was so distracted by how great the graphics, gameplay and controls were. Re-Deads scared the living daylights out of me (I jumped out of my seat and almost screamed the first time I saw them), however, it was really fun to see them dance in MM (which I got two years after OoT).

OoT ranks as probably my 3rd favourite Zelda game (2nd being WW and 1st being MM). In other words OoT was AMAZING!!!

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
The first Zelda game I played was OoT. I remember how awestruck I was when I first played it and how I couldn't stop playing it because I thought everything in this game was amazing (and it was). I still think it's the greatest game ever made. Of course, years later I figured out that there were other great Zelda games, but since OoT was the first one I played, every other Zelda game doesn't seem as exciting or good as OoT (except ALttP, that was amazing and comes very, very close to OoT)

My first zelda game was Phantom Hourglass, It was very good when I played it, but it feels obsolete now that I have played all the other zelda games.

C

Chuck

My first was wind waker, which i loved at the time, but now i dont think its as good, but it still ranks in my top 5.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Was Your First Game Also Your Favorite?

After reading many posts in the "Your Favorite Zelda Game" thread, I've noticed a trend. Many people say that their favorite Zelda was their first game they played because of the personal nostalgic value the game brings them when they replay it. Is this the case for you? If so, would the game still be your favorite if it wasn't the first one you played? It was just something I was wondering.

Personally, my favorite Zelda game also happens to be my first. I've played Majora's Mask since I was about 6-7 and still love it to this date. I believe it's the best for several reasons, and I think it would still be my favorite without the nostalgia. What about you?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
That's a good question. While technically, the first Zelda game I ever played (OoT) is my favourite Zelda game of all time, but I had only played it for small amounts of time, and I hadn't owned it for a long period of time. The first Zelda game I owned was Oracle of Seasons, which is one of my favourites. For the longest time, my favourite Zelda was either LA or ALttP, (which were my 2nd and 4th in terms of ownership, respectively). After I finished TP (which was my first 3D Zelda), I finally bought OoT. When I finished it, it blew me away, beyond anything I'd ever played before.
So, I guess you can mark me down for half of a yes. :P

It's great that you bring this up, though, because one's first exposure to a series will likely become what they associate as the "norm" of that series. Something different, old or new, may feel outlandish to some and familiar to others, depending on their origins with a franchise.

M

MegaLink

My first Zelda game was the Wind Waker, and it's still my favorite. I always loved the cartoony look of it. I've played through that game maybe 5 times completely and I'm still not bored of it. In fact I still own it to this day, and it's in pretty good condition too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom