• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
My first Zelda game was Phantom Hourglass..... not much to say there really :?
My favourite is either Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker, but Ocarina of Time (Which was the game that got me into the series) is second favourite :3

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, no. My first zelda game was indeed Phantom Hourglass and that game sticks in my memory as a great game and my many failures and triumphs are there in my memory and I look back smiling. I did love that game and I also loved the fact that it was the begining of my overall zelda endevours. But the hand held/stylus style controls are different to most of the other games.

But at the moment Ocorina of Time stands my favourite even though I haven't even played through much of it. It is just so addictive and fun!

No. My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess, and I've found other Zelda games that I enjoy more than that. Those games being the Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, the DS titles, and some of the classics. So far, my favorite Zelda title is the Adventure of Link, because of the way it was played. The side-scrolling and leveling-up were unique to the game and made it very enjoyable for me.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The first Zelda game I ever played was AoL and while it's not my favourite game, it's certainly one of them. Mind you, I didn't know it was Zelda and had never heard of Zelda at the time, so I don't know if that counts. The next Zelda I played was OoT and again, it's not my favourite Zelda, but I do enjoy it very much.

My first Zelda game was ALttP when I was 6. I play it once in a blue moon but I prefer TP and ST.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My first game was Ocarina of Time. It may not be my favorite, but it's certainly in the top 5. One thing I like about it lately is that it's a good introduction to the Zelda series, and has a lot of replay value. This game is good enough to draw my half-brothers into the series by watching me play it, while most of the others aren't. When the 3DS comes out, I'm sure they'll have a blast since I've shown them the ropes on the VC.

1. Wind Waker/Majora's Mask
2. Oracle of Ages/Link's Awakening
3. Ocarina of Time/A Link to the Past
4. Oracle of Seasons/Minish Cap
5. Twilight Princess/Legend of Zelda

My first Zelda game was the original on the NES but my favorites are Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. So no, my first was not my favorite.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
Yes. My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time, which is still my favorite Zelda game (and will most likely always will be).

T

triforce88

When I was 2 or 3 years old I would watch my uncle play on his N64. One of the games he played a lot was Ocarina of Time and to this day it is still my favorite Zelda game.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I think many people will like their first game.
That's not because it's the best game but if you think about this: You buy a new game (wich is called The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap) and you've never heared of it. If you like the game you go searching for other games of The Legend of Zelda, and if you think it's crab you will probably not buy another zelda game.

I think everyone here really likes the first game they've played, otherwise they never came to ZD because they didn't play other zelda games.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
My first Zelda game, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, introduced me to the series and did a very decent job in doing so. ^^
The locations had beautiful scenery from noon in faron woods to a sunset upon Hyrule Field.
The characters had more depth than in any other game, even Barnes had a humorous personality built in despite the fact that he isn't a major character in the plot.
The darknut was in its best form in the game. Zant, with a cool and aloof front, ended up being psychotic!
This will always be my favorite Zelda Game, despite my rambling about OoT in my thread back then.

kokirion said:
I think everyone here really likes the first game they've played, otherwise they never came to ZD because they didn't play other zelda games.
Indeed. I definitely put my first Zelda game (the NES one) in my top three, because if not for that I wouldn't have looked into the rest of the series. So it has to be awesome by default, right?

C

Chuck

my first was wind waker which is still in my 5 most favorite zelda games but i like others more.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The first Zelda game I played was ALTTP. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of ALTTP at all. Everyone swears by that game. My friends always think it's weird that I say I dislike because it's always one of their favorites. I just never got into it that much. I've almost beaten it and have tried playing it multiple times, it just doesn't interest me. My overall favorite Zelda title is WW because it has so much adventure to it. There is so much to explore and discover and that's the way a game should be, especially a Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom