• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
My first Zelda game? I'm ashamed to admit this, but it was Link:The Faces of Evil.(If you could even call that a Zelda game.) I had gotten a cd-i for Christmas, and.....ughhh, the memories......stop the painful memories.....grating dialogue.....bad graphics.....horrible gameplay.......
*shiver* worst experience of my life. On the bright side, after several years of caution around Zelda games, I finally picked up Minish Cap, and all my worries and dislike immediately disappeared, and a newfound love for the series blossomed in me. My cd-i was stolen anyway. (I feel sorry for the thief.)

Hey mine was Wind Waker too. I played it when I was about 6 or 7. I never played it again. I really do considering the fact that it had a 40/40 on Japaneese reviews. But the reason I know is because I remember a Toon Link and his grandma along with a giant bird (Helmorac King) and his sister being kidnapped on a bridge.

EDIT: For those who gave me an even rep on purpose, I read that WW got this review but I KNOW that OoT got 40/40 in Japaneese reviews and a 98 for American. THis makes me want to play OoT even more than WW.

Benjamin, you can speak proper English, can't you?

My first was OoS or WW, not sure which, most likely OoS, since I had the WW that came w/ OoT and OoTMQ.

D

Danzel

My first Zelda game was actually the original Legend of Zelda - I remember that my Grandmother had a NES-system and that her husband used to play that game before it was handed over to me.
I remember liking the gameplay a lot, though I of course couldnt quite figure out what to do in the overworld, lol

But eventually I managed to beat it, and it felt good! :D

D

Danzel

My first Zelda game was actually the original Legend of Zelda - I remember that my Grandmother had a NES-system and that her husband used to play that game before it was handed over to me :clap:
I remember liking the gameplay a lot, though I of course couldnt quite figure out what to do in the overworld, :lol:

But eventually I managed to beat it, and it felt good! :)

H

hero of sea

hi
my first zelda game i have played was phantom hourglass i think its very good game ^^

Epona

Ordon Village
The very first Zelda game I played was the original. I was very young and it holds the most memories for me. I was never able to really get into the second quest though until much later, and that proved to be just as good.

13foxes

My very first Zelda game is Alttp. I played it back when I was 9. Awesome game. XD
It took me about a year to beat, and when I finally beat it, I just felt sooooo happy. Totally impressed.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I have to say A Link to the Past it was a good game I loved it but I wonder why Link's hair was Pink o_O

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Actually, my first was Twilight Princess.
I just got a wii for my birthday (when I originally wanted a gamecube, my parents insisted :D), and I had a bunch of Pokemon Games.
Then, I saw the graphics for Twilight Princess and with my love for all things medieval at the time- I bought it.
It was the best Zelda Game I have ever played (despite my answer on the favorite zelda games thread) because of the music, beautiful scenery, and Zant!
After that, I bought some wii points and went crazy with the virtual console Zelda's.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Actually, my first was Twilight Princess.
I just got a wii for my birthday (when I originally wanted a gamecube, my parents insisted :D), and I had a bunch of Pokemon Games.
Then, I saw the graphics for Twilight Princess and with my love for all things medieval at the time- I bought it.
It was the best Zelda Game I have ever played (despite my answer on the favorite zelda games thread) because of the music, beautiful scenery, and Zant!
After that, I bought some wii points and went crazy with the virtual console Zelda's.

same with me :D, I got TP for my birthday (a year ago I think) and since a month I'm crazy (too) with vc zelda classics. And I just finished OoT

Moldorm

Is not Error
A friend of mine had the first Legend of Zelda on NES. We played the hell out of that game. And it's still on of my favorites, even now. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom