• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters
K

kyuupid

The first game I played was Ocarina of Time. Some friends of mine showed it to me and I loved it from the very beginning, even though it took me a few years before I beat it all on my own. It's probably my all-time favourite game.

C

chrono trigger

I didn't really know much about zelda until a friend of mine convinced me to try it, so i picked up PH and was hooked into the series. i've played PH over and over again, in fact i've been thinking of going on a three heart run.

Ikana

Trollkastel
For some reason I keep on thinking oot was my first but alttp was actually the first Zelda game I played.I think I was around five when I first played ALTTP that game got me hooked on Zelda games.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I was around six when my brother would let me play around on his file on Ocarina of Time.
It was the first Zelda game anyone in my videogame-crazed family played, and also the first for me.
Needless to say, I fell in love. 83 And yes, it was very good. It was OoT. There, I need no more explaination.
But it wasn't until TP that I got obsessed with Zelda again, and now I'm just crazy. :>

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
My first game was ALttP closely followed by OoT. I loved both very much. ALttP made me want to play OoT, and OoT got me into the Zelda franchise. OoT stands as my favorite game of all time, and ALttP is in my top 5.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
My first zelda game was four sword adventures.

I wasn't really in to zelda back then but i saw him in ssbm & ssbb, so I wanted to know what made Link special. It wasn't in stores(I want gamecube games back at Wal-mart!:mad:)but one of my friends had it, so i traded him tak: the great juju challenge, for FSA. I got stuck on the eastern temple, so i started looking for a walkthrough. I eventually thought i found a decent walkthrough, but I ended up here.(still want a FSA section on the site.:mad:)

T

Triforce Hero

My first game was A Link To The Past. I was about 6 or 7 and decided to play the old SNES that my parents had in the attic. When I played aLttP i got hooked on it and it is still one of my favourites today, in my top 3.

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS A TEDIOUS STORY ABOUT MY EARLY CHILDHOOD AND MAY CONTAIN TIDBITS THAT ONLY I CARE ABOUT. IF YOU REALLY DON'T CARE, DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON ME: JUST DON'T READ IT. You've been warned.

My first game was WW. I actually learned about Zelda from my Grandpa. I had watched him on Ocarina of Time when I was like, 1, but when I was about five, I actually got on and did something on WW. It was fun, and I did get to Dragon Roost, but I stunk on ice, didn't really understand what I was doing or the storyline, and was easily distracted by pigs and junk. :xd: (Hey, don't blame me, blame the relation between age and comprehension!) When TP came out (I was probably around nine... >.> I dunno.) Same as WW, except I understood it better, and didn't get very far. (I played on Grandpa's game; talked to frogs and howled. :embarrassed:) The only reason I even thought about getting Phantom Hourglass was because I saw the name Zelda and a picture of Link on a poster at Walmart. (The ship would've freaked me out if I hadn't played a Zelda game b4.) Once I got Spirit Tracks for Christmas, I found a walkthrough from Zelda Dungeon.net on GameFAQS, and for the first time ever, finished a Zelda game! (Lame, I know. :P) But winning that one got me really hooked on the series. I went to Zelda Dungeon and realized how big the series really was. Now that I use Zelda Dungeon, I've finished PH, am almost finished on WW, and I'm in Kakariko village on TP. YAY, A HAPPY ENDING!

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
The first Zelda game I got was Ocarina of Time, and when I first got I was really little, I didn't get, and it scared me. Now it is my 3rd favorite Zelda game, and I think it is amazing.

Oh my goodness, same! I was about 2 years old when I first played Zelda. I remember using the controller backwards on the N64. When I snuck on my brother's game, he beaten it and was at Ganon's Castle and I played it. I was crying so much when I saw Ganondorf attack me. He got mad at me though, ah good times. Today, he doesn't care. Haha. Oh yes, but today I can beat Ocarina of time easily. I did it with 3 hearts, too! :P

Ocarina of Time is my first favorite game now next to my second favorite, Wind Waker, which was my actual first game beaten when I was around 7ish.

O

Oca Rina

*sits back and reminisces*
Ah, I remember WW came out when I was in second grade and my brother got it for his birthday, of course I played it just as much as he. I was so proud of myself when I beat it that first time. :bleh: We both used a strategy guide for the game when we played it - we were young after all and didn't realize it would be more fun to figure the stuff out first! But it's nice cause I kind of have that entire game memorized now ^__^; And I still take it out every few months of course to beat it again. Too bad I haven't kept a record on my number of completions of that game :lol:

Alas, I have never collected all the figurines. :U Seems sooooo ughhh worthy.

D

Darktimeleader

The first (Zelda) game i ever played was LTTP, I was little, i walked into Best Buy and showed my Mom and she got it (It was the GB version). So i get home, start playing, then after an hour i get stuck in the first dungeon(I had no skill at playing LoZ back then) then i was like, "AGHHH THIS IS SO HARD!!!" Then like a year later my brothers came so I got to sleep downstairs and stay up, so i look back at the game, and i was like "...This game, ohh how hard it is...oh well, theres nothing else to do!" So i pop it in and start playing it, the next morning, my dad comes down and he asks "What are you doing?" and then i realized it was 5:00 AM. I got to like Death Mountain, and a few days after that i beat the game. It deserved a... 9.5/10.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first zelda game I played and also finished was PH. I never got into the world of Zelda at all even though I met Link a couple of times at SSBB where I killed him off :P But I had no clue about the zelda series at all. I knew it existed but that was it. Then I saw PH and I liked the cover. I played the game, finished it and got hooked! I bought several Zelda games and never got disappointed or bored.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
My first Zelda game was PH and I had no idea there was a series at all :) but then my friend told me about it but it took a while for me to get another game but now I'm hooked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom