• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rubik's Cube

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I could never solve the rubix cube( I have a 3x3)(I couldn't even solve one side) D: and I probably wouldn't time it either but my dad can at least get one side unlike me D:

Claire

The Geekette
I own a 2x2x2 Eastsheen, and a 3x3x3 Hungarian Rubik's Cube.
I can solve them both, except I am still forgetting the algorithms (one, in particular) if I am not cubing often. I was taught by Tom (Alder Dragon), and he taught me via Friedrich method.

The fastest I've solved the 3x3x3 was 1 minute without algorithms on hand. Since my 3x3x3 is currently missing in action, I have been just playing with my 2x2x2.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Ugh... i can't stand the rubiks cube. I stink at it so much. It can get very confusing at times and frustrating that you just want to burn it in flames :devil: But I on't think that just because I can't do it doesn't mean I am not smart. I'm very impressed by people's times:clap:

I've been messing with Rubik's Cube for a long time now... ever since I was 5.
The closest I've got was one side. :(

Now one of my classmates is teaching me how to solve it, but its very hard. (R, L, U, D, Ri, Ui, ??????????????)
Yeah, its confusing; I keep forgetting which way to turn the side.
But at least I can do one side with 2 layers correct at the other sides next to it.
I'm getting better!

~Edit by Smitie: use the edit button next time eventhough your previous post is old.~

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubik's Cubes are evil.
It seems like they are made for one purpose,and that is to drive people insane.
I've never been able to solve one,I hate them a lot.

D

Deleted member 121

I've had a few in the past before that I never finished/beat before they eventually got lost and or broken. At one point Alder told me how so I went out and bought a new one and almost had it finished until my sister who was 3 at the time broke it... oh well I guess one day I might buy another one and try again some day. Hopefully no accidents will befall it again if/when I do buy another one.

H

HalfBlindGamer

I hate rubik's cubes. I can't solve them so i throw them into the wall and fix it.
Then i try again and give up.
I cant understand how some people can solve it in under 2 min.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I remember I was watching Iron Chef with my family while fiddling with one. That was the first time (of three) I completed it. :D

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I once solved a Rubik's cube when I was three. I sat and played at it the entire day, which is great concentration for somebody so young....... but of course, I didn't solve it by skill, just by randomly playing with it until I got it right. I still have that cube, untouched of course, since I know that I could never solve it with skill.

Shnappy

derp
I once solved a Rubik's cube when I was three.
LOLWUT

I, myself am in to "cubing". I was surfing youtube and found a youtube video explain how to solve it, and it looked simple enough that I was compelled to buy a Rubik's Cube. I had like a day to see stuff in that video, and then I went to Utah for a week, constantly checking the tutorial every chance I got on a computer. By the end of the week, I had myself a solved Rubik's Cube. I've continued with this for about a year, picking up the cube every so often for a solve. My average is probably about a minute, and my best is 42 seconds, which I am not compelled to beat, as it is that epic of a number. Nah, I'll probably beat it some day, I just need to learn the Fridrich method and stop using the layer method, heh. As for the bigger ones, the only ones I've solved other than 3x3 are 4x4 and 5x5. I actually find 5x5 easier.

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Once at my friends house, we where playing on the Wii, I was waiting for my turn, so i started fiddling with a rubix cube, in less than 10-15 minutes, i realised that i had solved it without even realising! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom