• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rubik's Cube

Y

Yoshi_FTW

I can only solve 2 or 3 sides of the 3x3 to be honest. :( Never could figure out how to get the other sides without messing up the first ones.

I use the standard way to solve a Rubik's Cube, It takes me roughly 1 minute to solve a Rubik's cube but it does take me between 1 min - 1 min 30.

I can solve it with one hand in about 4-5 minutes as well :L, Nothing special really though, Just makes it slower to solve.

Could you tell me what method you use please so I can learn that one. I wanted to try and learn the Friedrich method but going from a starters method it hard as I don't get the terminology and no method for Friedrich I have found actually explians any of it :kawaii:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't play with them often. I've tackled a few while laid up in bed after getting my tonsils and appendix out (not simultaneously!) I have solved them a couple of times, literally 2 I believe, but I think it might've been more of an accident. I do try to solve it though, I don't just spin them around aimlessly, but I have no pattern to do it. I couldn't give a best time either, since it's taken days for me to do.

The fastest I might've ever accomplished was when I was a child, and I peeled the stickered colours off and placed them where they should be. Of course, the glue wasn't as good the second time around, so everntually the cube was half black squared since the stickers fell off. :P

I can only solve one side... So I'm basically challenged when it comes to those things.

It wasn't solved until I brought it to my friend's house and her dad solved it within a minute...

But I know someone who can do it without 25 seconds. Very amusing. :hmm:

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
My Best Times:

2x2: 2.14 seconds

3x3: 14.19 seconds

4x4: 1:36.?? minutes

Solving the Rubik's Cube is one of my favourite hobbies of all time! I have also been cubing for about a year.

Last edited:
I don't know how to solve it, but there is a guy in my classroom who can finish it in about 1 min and 30 secs.
I saw a 2x2 cube. At first I though it was very easy, but them some guys told me it was the hardest, because most of the techniques don't work with it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
My brothers are good for solving it, I've never tried it and probably never will. It's all simple once you learn how to do it, nothing to it. So why don't I try to solve it? Waste of time, I am not gonna win a prize or anything for doing it. Bragging rights? I don't care about that. :P

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Ummm... lemme see. Oh, it takes me about 2 minutes, depending how fast it takes me to peel the stickers off. :D

No, honestly. They're the Bane. Of. My. Life.

Along with those sliding-square puzzles where you only have one space free. I can't do those either.
I clicked on this thread, and was like WHAAA at the first post. Damn, you're all awesome. Though probably with some training, I could learn to do them. But it never sticks in my head. I'm getting marginally better though!

...I often wonder how I even manage to complete some Zelda games, what with all the block puzzles. o_O

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think I've tried to learn how to do these things before. Gave up after a while. I just don't have the patience.

There's this kid at my school who can do them in under 2-min, and he inspired this other kid in my orchestra class to learn. I remember it took him a few months to get it the first time, then after that, he could do it in about 5-min or something. It's amazing what you can do with practice, but there's no way I'd ever have the patience to work at something like this for that long.

20Hearts

Here are my fastest times

2x2x2 5.16 seconds
3x3x3 21.59 seconds
4x4x4 about 1:45:hmm:
5x5x5 about 2:00=\
6x6x6 2:53
7x7x7 about 3 minutes

20Hearts

I can do one in 20 seconds

My fastest for the 2x2 is 5.16 seconds
I have solved bigger ones but Im to lazy to look them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I have had my Rubik's Cube since Christmas 2007. It was a 3x3x3. My cousing messed it up and I was only able to fix it on Cinco de Mayo of this year. I got help from a video from a guy on YouTube called pogobat. I remember some of the algrithims but I invented some of my own. I just need to remember the algrithims used for positioning the top face corner pieces. If I'm lucky, I already have them positioned and I can use the algrithim to flip it. I also did try out my cousin's Rubik's Revolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom