• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Rubik's Cube

Who here can solve it? And if so what is your fastest time and your average?

I've known how to solve it for about a year and a half now. I learned my own method then I started trying to learn other methods. The method that Dan Brown on youtube shows is way faster than mine. So I use it now.

My average with my method is about 2 minutes. My average with the faster method is about 1 minute and 15 seconds- about 1 minute and 30 seconds.

My fastest solve ever was 47 seconds.

I also learned to solve a 4x4 and my fastest solve with that is some where between 4 and 5 minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out this damned 5x5, though.

I usually love puzzles but for some reason I don't like the rubix cube. I've tried it once, without help, and I obviously couldn't solve it.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I never was very good at it. But then again, I've never learned any methods on how to do it well. I just remember messing around with it one day when really bored, and I was able to do it. I've done it only like five times. :\ But it never really caught my interest.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I can solve every type of cube. I own 2x2 - 7x7, not including the 6x6 :(.

There is a picture of me with a solved 7x7 on the staff page of Zelda Dungeon. I first started cubing about 3 years ago, I learned by watching Thrawst's videos (which is a MUCH!!! better method than Pogobat's). There are about 7 algorithms you need to remember with Thrawst's general Fridrich method. Now I use several methods mixed into one, for my own best results.

My best times are:

2x2: 0:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMtZftI5HnU&feature=channel_page

3x3: 0:21
4x4: 1:23
5x5: 3:53
6x6: -----
7x7: 14:34

Also, a great program is available online for virtual cube solving. It's called Gabbasoft - it's free. You control and rotate the cube with your mouse and keyboard. You can solve cubes from 2-20 layers. The biggest I have done on there is the 11x11. I could probably do the other ones, but it takes a while.

I've heard of the Fredich method.

I'll check it out.

I used my own method for a while so Pogobat's is a big upgrade. I'll try and learn the Fredich method.

Where can I get help with the 5x5? I solve the 4x4 by doing the centers then the edges. I've gotten the centers with the 5x5 but I always screw up on the edges.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I've heard of the Fredich method.

I'll check it out.

I used my own method for a while so Pogobat's is a big upgrade. I'll try and learn the Fredich method.

Where can I get help with the 5x5? I solve the 4x4 by doing the centers then the edges. I've gotten the centers with the 5x5 but I always screw up on the edges.

I could probably help you if you have an instant messenger. I learned the 5x5 from Thrawst on youtube. The key to learning how to solve big cubes (edges, especially) is to either get firsthand help or to play around with it a lot on your own.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I haven´t done the cube in quite a while. But I have to tell you what happend to me a couple of months ago. I was at the airport and there was a family in front of me in the "check in". One member was a child and the child had a cube. For some reason the mother of the family told me I looked like someone who could solve the puzzle of the cube! I took it as a compliment :clap:

I have a 4X4 cube. I cna do 1 side pretty quickly and nearly complete 2 but I've never completed it. Although, There is a guide you can buy that tells you how to complete it in 7 steps.

M

Myyrä

I cant solve it. I can't understand how some people can solve this. I have
2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. I never solved any of them.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have tryed lots of puzzles before but this one seems to be the hardest... I have never solved it and I might not ever try. But my mother said she solved it when she was younger once. I didnt ask her how long it took her. She might not have kept track ^^

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, I've been playing with my Rubiks Cube for 6 years, and I still haven't beaten it yet! Sad, isn't it? I was close to solving it once, but I only got it on one side. Everything else was heck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom