• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Alien Invasion RP

Pen

The game is on!
Michael chuckled at KJ wanting to operate the detonator. "Sorry mate, maybe next time," he replied with a smile. "Once we're out of here I can teach you all about how it works." Michael then turned back to Elizabeth. "Gas?" he asked confused. "What decade do you live in? I told you just a little while ago that I'd prepared the van so I don't think there should be an issue. Let me see..."

Michael took the car key and tried to use it to start the car, but nothing happened when he tried it either. Then he noticed that Lizzy hadn't put her seatbelt on. "Ah, there's the problem," he remarked. "The car won't start unless every seat with a person sitting in it has the seat belt on. So if there's anyone else in the back who hasn't put theirs on yet either now's the time. Alright then, let's move out!"

Janine who was sitting with the others in the back of the van put her seatbelt on when Michael told them to since she hadn't done so yet either.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Medivh quickly put his seatbelt on. "I'm pretty sure it'll involve a lot of sneaking around. Can't exactly go around planting explosives in broad daylight after all."

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Lizzi puts the seatbelt underneath her, clicking it into place. Lizzi looked at Michael, then to Janine, KJ, and whoever that sad sack was in the back, and turned the Key. The Engine roars and then Purrs. Lizzi revs the accelerator a few times before shifting it into gear, and driving out of the Van's domicile towards the intended destination

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Michael's heart started pounding harder once the van began to move. When the car started driving down the main road that would eventually take them out of town Michael took the detonator out of his bag. It was a rather small metal box with several buttons and levers on it. Sitting in the front row of the van with Elizabeth, Michael turned his face back toward the others who were sitting behind them.

"Alright everyone," he started, "I'm going to set off the explosion right before we pass the town exit. I have to detonate it before then to make sure it distracts the vis from noticing our departure due to the sensor at the exit of town." He held up the detonator so everyone could see it. "Hey KJ, this here's the detonator that you seemed interested in. Before I can press this button to set off the bombs I have to unlock the detonator by entering my password first. Safety before anything! That's always the most important. Got that?"

Meanwhile Janine had already fallen asleep, tilted slightly forward in her seat with the seatbelt holding her up.

KJ took it all in and took the final gulp of Dew before piping up asking, "I fully understand, but, what if the Vis has knowledge on any new, weird accounts for a lack of a better term? On how to and possibly could have had at least one or more Vis on duty to be able to access whatever account required to detonate the bomb?"

Pen

The game is on!
"My system is very secure, trust me," Michael reassured KJ. "And even if the vis would be able to detonate the bombs themselves, they would only be harming their own people since the explosives are planted all around the area where the vis live." Michael then took some time to focus on the road before he continued. "Okay everyone, we're just about at the town exit so it's time now!" He put the detonator down in his lap and unlocked it by entering the password. "This is it; the small but crucial beginning of the counter attack." Michael then confidently pressed the button to set off the bombs.

A muffled but still clear bang could be heard in the distance from the centre of their town, now behind them. Michael was looking back at it thought the car window and could see the actual explosion all the way over there. But the explosion was bigger than he had anticipated - far bigger in fact. To Michael's dismay the width of the explosion which was supposed to be concentrated in the town centre was rapidly growing huge, and before they knew it the fires and shockwaves of the explosion had caught up with their escaping van. The vehicle was flung forward and almost tipped over forward, but it ultimately tipped to the side and slid a couple of meters across the asphalt before everything became still and quiet.

Michael managed to crawl out of the car. Luckily for him he only had a few minor flesh wounds but he still hadn't been able to fully process everything that just happened. The night was dark but the tree on the side of the road had caught fire from the explosion and thus gave some light. The road leading back into the town had gotten cracks in the asphalt and the town itself, now quite far in the distance, was burning.

"Dear lord, what have I done...?" Michael asked out loud with tears in his eyes. He fell to his knees and screamed in agony as loud as he could. But then he remembered the others in the van so he rushed up to it and tried to see if anyone needed help getting out. Luckily the van hadn't caught fire. "Guys! Is everyone alright?"

Janine was still sleeping when it all went down so she woke up when the van was about to tip over. Confused and afraid she panicked for a second before the van tipped over completely on its side. She found herself stuck somehow and in great pain, but her voice was too weak to call for help.

((My apologies for the unusually long post! This was a special occasion so I'll make sure I don't make posts as long as this one too often.))

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Beck managed to get out of the crash without much injury. Her heart sank as she looked out at the burning town. "Michael...what the hell did you do...?" she asked out loud. "It was supposed to be just the center, what the hell did you do!?"

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Medivh crawled out of the wreckage and dusted himself off. "I think you may have gone a bit heavy on the explosives."

"Flying FLIP!' KJ exclaimed with a bit of surprise is his voice. He started rubbing his right arm and stopped at about the elbow and looked to see that all that was left of his prosthetic was mangled metal and wires. After a moment of struggling KJ finally got out of the van. With a sigh KJ said; "I'm fine for most part, but I won't be of any use fighting like this." Waiving the remains of his attached arm.

KJ started looking around the remained of the van in hopes of finding at least one can of Mountain Dew which in itself was useless until something caught his eye. "Hey Michael, come here real quick. I don't think you would have any idea what this is would you?" Pointing to the remains of what appeared to be some foreign object on the van.

OoC: Well, there goes me making a joke about happy festival fireworks.

Pen

The game is on!
Michael was starting to get dizzy. And the remarks from Beck and Medivh filled him with overwhelming guilt. He had no idea what to do and he was so stressed out, so when KJ asked him about the foreign object on the van Michael just snapped at him.

"I have no ****ing clue Kenneth!" he shouted at KJ. "I don't give a **** about what you found in the damn car! I've doomed us all! There's nothing left to fight for now!" Then he went silent for a short moment before continuing in a slightly calmer manner. "By the way, where are Elizabeth and Janine? Are they still in the van or did they get out too?"

KJ took hold of the foreign object with his left hand and yanked it off of the van for a closer inspection before muttering a couple obscenities. He then tossed it to Michael saying, "Bloody hell, It's some sort of tracking device." He then struggled onto the side of the van where he crawled out of to peer into the window. "****! Janine looks beat up! We need to get this flipped." KJ then hopped off and ran around to where the top is and started trying to with little success with his only good arm to get the van back on its wheels.

Last edited:
KJ steps back from the van as Medivh uses his telekinesis to flip the van. As soon as it's positioned, KJ ran to the other side semi sloppily opening the door where he saw Janine. He got in and while carefully approached her asking "Janine, can you hear me?" Finally close enough, KJ transmuted what was left of his arm to cut Janine's seatbelt off of her to realize that she was in pain.

After transmuting the mangled mess of his arm back to the way it was the best he could, he looked towards the drivers seat to see Beth. KJ put his left hand on her shoulder gently shaking her asking "Hey, Are you alright?" Without waiting for an answer, he stuck his head out of the door saying to the others, "Janine looks pretty beat up from the crash and Elizabeth is still in the drivers seat."

Before getting out, KJ looked down to see a puddle around his now soaked back pack. "Damn it all!" KJ muttered to himself hoping no one else heard as he realized that it was Mountain Dew. He reached down and shifted through the now empty cans to find one with just enough for a swig. As he toof the remainder he made a sour face after realizing it was now mostly flat and got out of the van.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
LIzzi struggles to free herself from the seat. she tries to push herself out, only to realize while whiteknuckling the car, her right arm broke. the pain was horrible, but not as horrible as the head trauma she recieved when her head hit the door.
well what are we going to do now?
LIzzi watched as she saw leaking fluid from the van. she knew she had to get out of here with her sister, but Lizzi could hardly move her arm. the door on the ground would have to be her exodus. carefully gathering energy, she accumulates a massive amount over the span of about 5 minutes, and in a burst, the car flips itself back on it's tires. Lizzi with her good side bursts the door out, and hops out, giggling as blood flows out of her nose, forehead, and mouth. her arm a blackened mess and hanging barely on by flesh on the shoulder.
"is there a doctor?" Lizzi says as she collapses unconscious on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom