• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Alien Invasion RP

Pen

The game is on!
Janine was in great pain when KJ came into the car and cut her seatbelt off, but she was only half conscious so she remained in her seat for a bit. She had hit her head quite hard so there was blood running down her face, and her ribcage had been seriously damaged as well. When she heard her sister get out of the van and then fall to the ground Janine snapped to, at least somewhat.

"Sis..." she said in a whisper, which was all her voice could muster up right now. She got herself out of the vehicle but lost her balance almost immediately. "Sis... everything's gonna be alright, sis..." she said with her weak voice as she crawled across the ground toward Elizabeth. "Someone, please help my sister."

Michael couldn't believe what he saw. Their whole town in ruins wasn't enough; now even those who came with him were in grave danger. The feeling of guilt grew stronger inside him and he was completely powerless in this situation that he was responsible for.

"Oh god, please kill me now!" he cried in desperation to the heavens.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
RASUL LOOKS DOWN ON MICHAEL AND DOES AS HE WISHES
(Just kidding)

• Haha
Reactions: Pen
KJ had finally lost his patience with Michael's bellyaching and approached him. "Damn it Michael!" KJ bellowed as he landed a left hook across Michaels jaw continuing he said "Will you quit your *****ing?! We're all in this together! You want to make things right? Then help us figure out a way to get Janine and Elizabeth to a safer area so they can heal up. You were the one that had volunteered to lead our rebellion! Get your crap together!"

Pen

The game is on!
Michael's tear filled face was resting in his palms when KJ approached him. His words upset him at first but Michael quickly realised that KJ's words were fair. He didn't respond right away, but took a minute trying to sort out his hysterical breathing. Once he was breathing a bit more steadily he got up on his feet and turned toward KJ.

"You're right..." he started, with a strained expression on his face. "I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean anything right now, but I am outrageously sorry... How badly damaged is the van? Can we fix it in a short amount of time? If so, we ought to drive back into town and look for bandages and other first aid tools at the hospital..."

KJ looked towards the van saying, "Well...' pausing to gather his thoughts before continuing, "...this side seems totaled." gesturing to the broken windows, scraped up paint, and the two flat wheels. "I don't think we'll get too far too fast." He continued. "Unless you have a couple of spare tires."

After a second KJ piped up again, "Also, I doubt it'll start up with a cut seatbelt." Rubbing his neck with his left hand, he lifted his right arm which is now a mangled mess. "I had to cut Janine out of her belt. Both her and Liz," he gestured "don't look like theyre in any shape to sut comfortably in a vehicle in my opinion. Plus, I don't know if it'll start up despite the buckle still being done."

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Medivh frowns. "Probably not a good idea to go back to town anyways. It'd probably be safer to try and find somewhere else to stock up on supplies."

Pen

The game is on!
"Did you see how big that explosion was? There's no way anyone in the city survived... vis included. And there's nowhere else close enough that where we have a chance at finding the stuff we need," Michael spoke solemnly and gazed back at the blown up city. "I know the hospital has an underground storage that hopefully didn't take too much damage from the blast... KJ, you and I will run back into town a find what we need, then we'll bring it back here as fast as we can. Beck and Medivh, you guys stay here and watch over the Baxter sisters." Michael took another deep breath, trying to maintain some sense of calm. "Alright, let's go KJ!" he said and started jogging down the road toward their ruined home town.

KJ followed Michael. Once out of earshot from the others He spoke up, "Hey, sorry if I was a bit too aggressive back there." After a moment he spoke up again more so to himself but loud enough for Michael to hear, "Hell. I hope they have another prosthetic arm, if not, than at least the resources to fix this one..."

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
"Do you know how to how to fix your arm if you were able to get the right materials?" Michael asked as they ran. "If not I might be able to help out to a degree since I know mechanical engineering quite well. But of course I've never repaired a prosthetic arm before so I can't make any promises."

After a moment, KJ spoke up "All I've ever seen was a fully made one that was attached to me." He sighed before continuing, "I think I remember one time hearing the nurse and doctor mentioning something about blueprints regarding these things."

Pen

The game is on!
"Right, that makes sense," Michael remarked. "Then we'll search for that too when we get there."

Eventually they got into their hometown. As expected all of the buildings were destroyed. Michael slowed down and did his best to maintain a strong facade. Then he started thinking about his wife and children. There was no way they or anyone else inside the city could have survived. Michael's breathing became somewhat hysteric again and his hands started shaking.

"****... KJ I don't know if I can do this," he said and stopped in his tracks. "I'm sorry man, but this all is way too much for me to handle..."

KJ slowed down and stopped next to Michael. "Michael," KJ started a bit sternly, raising right arm showing the mangled mess of elbow and whatever was left of his forearm, "We have two injured, and if I go on my own, I doubt I can carry everything needed for Janine, Elizabeth, myself, as well as anyone else." As he finished, KJ walked towards the hospital. After about fifteen paces he stopped and turned around grinning "I know it hurts emotionally, but, I bet those you loved would rather want you to push forward and see the rest of these intruders either dead or scared away from our planet."

Pen

The game is on!
Again, Michael knew KJ spoke the truth. He admired him for staying so strong throughout all of this and for being able to keep his mind clear. The faces of his wife and kids flashed by in his mind. He knew he had to keep on fighting for them, and he knew that he had to stay strong for the sake of those who could still be saved. With a heavy heart Michael started moving forward again and made it to the hospital with KJ.

The hospital building was in ruins just like rest of the town, and it took some time and effort to find the way to the basement beneath all the rubble, but eventually Michael and KJ found their way down there. In the big underground storage room things weren't as destroyed as above, but damage had still clearly been done. Most of the shelves on the walls and bookshelves in the room had fallen to the floor so most of the resources and materials were scattered on the ground. But at least most of the stuff still seemed to be in good shape so it was just a matter of finding the stuff they needed.

"Alright KJ, you go look for the parts and instruments you'll need to get your arm back to normal; and those blueprints if you can find them," Michael said and sighed deeply. "I'll go look for some first-aid kits and the other things we might need for the Baxter sisters."

KJ nodded as he headed in agreement before he looked down the hall toward where he thinks he recalled hearing about the blueprints. He took about three steps before he dropped to his knees and rested his head on the ground, "NNGH!!!" was the first thing he got out as he went down. "****! Now isn't the time for the pain to kick in!" KJ said in pain as he blindly clawed at the now twitching prosthetic.

"Michael," KJ gasped now with his head on his left forearm eyes clinched shut, "get it off," referring to the prosthetic, "grab it under the pit and the shoulder and yank it." He finished saying now sobbing in pain while holding the sleeve of his shirt up far enough to show where the shoulder of the prosthetic that is connected to a implanted disk which acts as a hub for the nerves and movement memory.

Pen

The game is on!
Michael had just started browsing though some stuff nearby when KJ called for him. He returned to him right away and understood that KJ was in severe emotional distress. Now it was Michael's turn to be strong for KJ, so he took a deep breath and kneeled down to him. "It's gonna be alright, mate. We got each other's backs and we'll get out of this situation together." Following KJ's instructions Michael grabbed KJ's prosthetic arm by the armpit and shoulder and yanked it toward himself. But the arm remain in place. "I'm sorry, KJ," Michael apologised, hoping it didn't hurt too much. "Don't worry, I got it this time." On the second try Michael was successful in yanking the destroyed arm off. Once it was done he placed his hand on KJ's other shoulder.

"I know how hard it is," he started with a mellow tone. "We're in the same boat so I know how you feel. And it's okay. You don't need to hide or bottle up your feelings anymore." Michael's eyes were getting a bit watery as he spoke. "Let your emotions out properly so that you'll be able to take proper care of yourself and those of us who're still around. I don't think crying is a sign of weakness at all; I think it's thanks to the tears that we're able to grow and stay strong when it really matters." He ended his monologue with a somber smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom