• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Alien Invasion RP

Pen

The game is on!
((Y'know, it would have been nice to know that Medivh hadn't actually been invited.))

((I never stated that anyone was explicitly invited, only that Michael had organized a meeting. Obviously all interested parties were welcome to attend. The only reason he’s questioning the kid is to make sure Medivh is really on board. By the way, I do take issue with the way you’re writing your character. If you want him to be a child so badly, then please stop writing him as if he was an adult.))

Before Michael had time to respond the door flung open. Fearing the worst Michael had time to imagine several scenarios where the vis discovered their meeting and punished them all severely for it. But he was relieved to see that it was Janine who had entered. He told her to keep it down, closed the door after her and then gestured for her to take a seat.

Janine was a bit red in the face, her gaze seemed unfocused, and her walk was unstable. “Yo sis,” she said to Elizabeth, “the hell were we... were we gonna do here anyway?” Her voice sounded tired, and if it wasn’t clear already it gave away that she was under the affect of something.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Beth palms her face
"Just sit down, be quiet, and try not to make too much noise...You're lucky I love you, Jani. but perhaps one drink a day is fine... not a whole cask of moonshine... Michael. this is Janine, but you know that"
Mom and dad are going to be livid
She's 19. she can drink all she wants to
but if she's going to assist Mr. Stern...
Beth sets Janine down next to her, holding her upright, and in a vise grip so she doesn't wander.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
((Eh, I just thought it'd present an opportunity for some interesting character interactions. The way I see it, children are basically just less experienced adults, and Medivh has had experiences that have lead to him being a bit more mature than your average 11 year old. That said, he's also attending a meeting for adults, and is thus naturally trying to fit in until he figures out his niche within the group, so he's acting a little more adult-like than usual.))

As soon as Janine swung the door open KJ jumped and drew in a sharp breath out of surprise. He turned with his gloved palm over his now metallic fist ready to transmute the back of it into a knife. Upon realizing it was just another ally he leaned forward grabbing the seat and putting his head on the back letting out a sigh of relief. With a half grin he said; "Ugh, it's just Janine."

OoC(Out of Character):
@Pen
@Woyogoyo
I think the way Medivh, I havent the foggiest as to how to pronounce the name, anyway, there are kids all over the world irl that go through all sorts of experiences that help them mature a lot faster than normal. As for this RP, I feel that the backstory for it gives Medivh the right kind of experience. I say we let the kid hang around, at least imho.

IC(In Character):
KJ, finally sitting again and calmed down looked at Micheal with a dumb grin and jokingly asking; "Is it allowed for her to be that wasted?" despite knowing the legal age limit.

Storm

((He's playing the kid with Village of the Damned intelligence. i have never met an 11 year old with such eloquent speaking, especially one with only a second grade education. His Niche is go get snacks))

Pen

The game is on!
((Woyo and I have discussed his character in PM and settled on making his character 17 instead of 11. Just letting everyone know. We can resume like normal. ^^))

Michael sighed. "I was hoping she wouldn't have been," he responded with a frown. "But at this rate we need any help we can get." He cleared his throat again before continuing. "I've given much thought to an escape plan. Getting out of this place must be our first course of action. Once we're out of here safely we can start worrying about how to strike back. The past four years have been hell on earth, so of course we all want our planet back. I can't wait to cross that bridge once we get there, and hopefully give the vis what they deserve. Anyway, over the past year I've been rigging the centre of town where most of the vis reside with explosives. It has taken me this long due to the high security and my very limited free time. I have the remote detonator right here in my pocket. Triggering the explosion will kill many vis and also most likely distract the remaining ones long enough for us to get out of here. My father's old van has remained hidden from the vis ever since they came here and I've prepared it so it's ready to take us away as soon as we need it. That said, this is the first time I tell anyone about my ideas. Maybe there's something I'm missing so please let me know what you all think of it."

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Medivh frowned. " I don't like it. Too much collateral. Even if no innocents were injured in the explosion- and that's a pretty big if, mind you, it would still likely draw the vis' attention to those who remain behind."

"While, it's true that there's a thin chance at casualties outside of the vis..." KJ started, head tilted down, eyes closed and brows furrowed, "... and there's a higher chance that any vis remaining, will through out punishments, I don't see how else we can go about things as they are now."

Standing up and stretching his gloved hand towards Micheal saying; "I don't know about the others, but I'm willing to fight. I'm ready to kick some vis butt. I no longer want to be a slave to these outsiders."

Storm

Beth's hair starts to darken , but she fights it back Blonde. This plan seemed like out of a Movie... Movies. how she missed those. it was only a few years ago when her and Janine went to go see one of her Favorite Movies:
Heroes of Avalon Falls: Omega War. How that was so long ago. another Movie that came to Mind was Fight Club. she recalled vans all around the city rigged to explode. the Plan sounded fool-proof, as long as the Voe stayed in one place, the Explosive plan could work. the Casualties though....might be too much to bear
"How can we assure our loved ones survive, like our Parents, or your family?"

Pen

The game is on!
"You all needn't worry about your loved ones," Michael tried to reassure everyone. "Thanks to the fact that the vis have taken the centre of town away from us and stationed all humans on the outskirts I've made sure the explosion won't reach our homes. I do hope you all trust me on this, because I trust every single one of you completely." He took a deep breath before continuing. "And regarding those who stay... well there's no way of knowing how the vis will treat them if we manage to escape. I wish we could bring everyone away from here right now but of course that's not possible. If we do nothing we're all doomed, so our best bet is to escape with those of us who can and are willing to. After that the objective will be to come back here and rescue our families and friends. That is the only chance we've got at finding peace and freedom for our community."

Storm

Beth nods while holding her lush of a sister down on the chair she she doesnt droop or choke on any vomit. Beth needs to find a way to sober her sister up without things getting awkward.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Beck rolled her eyes at the drunk Janine. This scheme was seeming less and less well thought out and she was losing faith in the team. But she didn't care, she was restless and ready to escape. "We can't just sit around and do nothing because the Vis might hurt the others. If this is our best chance, we got to take it."

Pen

The game is on!
"That's exactly right, Beck," Michael responded while pointing at her. "And... there is one more thing. We should do it tonight. Because of the holiday that the vis are celebrating tonight they have slightly fewer guards on patrol than usual. That's also the reason why I chose tonight for the meeting. On a regular night I doubt it would have been possible for us all to get here. Anyway, since it seems we're in agreement I'll give you all an hour to go say goodbye to your family and friends. Then we'll meet back at my place at one AM. Good luck, and be careful out there."

Storm

Beth nods and carries Janine out of the old church and the moment shes out of earshot of the others
"What the ****, Jani? You knew tonight was an important night, why didcyou get sloshed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom