• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
This actually crossed my mind before too, so I feel like even if one of us gets attacked tonight, it will be impossible to fully confirm them as Town (especially this early on when there is not as much at stake for the Mafia). Besides, depending on how the night scenes are portrayed by our game mod we may or may not know whether someone was attacked by the Mafia or by the Vig or SK or some other killing role. What I mean to say is that throughout this whole game there is sadly the risk of us never being able to fully confirm someone who survives a night attack.
But how likely is it that they will attack their own people every single night? How likely is it that they will attack their own people in the first place?

Here's a random idea that I just thought of - would mafia have a doctor in this setup or is that too OP?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Here's a random idea that I just thought of - would mafia have a doctor in this setup or is that too OP?

To heal one of their own? Probably not a complete role, but it's a possibility one of them have that as an x-shot ability

Pen

The game is on!
But how likely is it that they will attack their own people every single night? How likely is it that they will attack their own people in the first place?

Of course they will not attack their own every single night, however I could see it as a possibility that they could attack their own on just the very first night in hopes of giving this player Town credibility and hoping for the Town Doctor to heal this player on the following night.

My point, however, was that (depending on how Jamie writes the night scenes) we might not ever be able to fully confirm a Townie from the night attacks alone.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Of course they will not attack their own every single night, however I could see it as a possibility that they could attack their own on just the very first night in hopes of giving this player Town credibility and hoping for the Town Doctor to heal this player on the following night.

My point, however, was that (depending on how Jamie writes the night scenes) we might not ever be able to fully confirm a Townie from the night attacks alone.
You have a great point but i'm questioning how likely it is. Mafia can't kill someone with no damage. If they damage their own players they can't damage other players enough to kill them.

And again, you do have a point. I would not 100% confirm someone attacked on nights 1 or 2. Anything after that imo, the chances of them being town greatly increases, if they're not already dead.

Along with all this talk of mafia damage, we also have to account for Vigilante and potential Serial Killer damage as well (I think someone else mentioned this). If the Vig (or sk) shoots, their target could be literally anyone, scum included. It's very likely that we won't be able to tell who targeted who. So if both Pendio and I take damage, who could possibly tell which of us was attacked by the mafia and which by the vig? (unless Jamie does his scenes like Tristan did)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I'm not really a fan of the whole "everybody takes damage" idea, specifically just because of the different variables like damage output and defense that could totally put Mafia at an advantage.
How could different damage outputs put Mafia at an advantage?

You echoed exactly what Regal said

How could different damage outputs put Mafia at an advantage?

You echoed exactly what Regal said
I'm just going out on a limb on this assumption, but my guess is the Mafia will most likely have much higher damage outputs than normal members. Therefore, I assume that if they were to gang up one person, they'd easily be able to take them out in 1-2 turns, not even taking into account the people they might be tricking.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wait if Mafia had higher damage outputs, then wouldn't we be able to tell when Jamie gives the mod/end-of-day updates?

Pen

The game is on!
Also do we know for certain if there is a SK role?

I do not think there is any way for us to know for sure of the existence of any particular role yet.

Wait if Mafia had higher damage outputs, then wouldn't we be able to tell when Jamie gives the mod/end-of-day updates?

Probably, yes.

However, I for one do not think it is likely that the Mafia overall has higher damage parameters then the average Townie. Sure, perhaps the Godfather might have a relatively high damage output, but I am sure that for example the Town Vigilante will have a high damage output as well. Anyway, I do not choose to assume that the average Mafioso has a higher damage parameter than the average Townie. At least not significantly.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
As of right now, I assume that mafia has a range of damage outputs, to make it a bit easier to hide among the town. So some scum may have a relatively higher output, some may have low damage, and some are probably average. I don't think damage output can be indicative of anything at this point of the game. Maybe later, but we'll have to see.

Based on the first attempt at this game, there was clearly a second attack after the first night. My best guess is that that was an SK attack, and, if Jamie is using the exact same set-up, I would say there is an SK in this game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom