• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Moments in Gaming

i dont play sad games either, so..... uhhh........ idk, maybe when midna says goodbye to link at the end, well, most of the zelda games have those kinds of endings tho

dieing after beating the spider queen or whatever it is and progressing about 2 hours into the game without saving...im still affected by that...

Nye Pendragon

derparific
-thinks-

NOBODY said when Sephiroth MURDERS Aeris in FF7?! D8
THAT MADE ME CRY. I was watching my brother play and OHMYGOSH IT HAPPENED AND I SOBBED.
I was very young but COME ON. NOW CLOUD'S MESSED UP EVEN MORE. Poor, poor kid.
-sniff-

I can't edit my first post, so I'm posting a new one.

I've been playing Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door lately and I found some parts that were sad without having anything much to contradict it.

One was Admiral Bobbery story to why he never went back to sea. Also when he read the letter that Scarlette wrote him on her deathbed. Then when Bobbery is attacked by the Blue Lava Bubbles, or whatever they're called, and asks that his last request is to have his Chuckola Cola. What makes that even sadder is that Flavio won't even give it to you even after you tell him that Bobbery is dying.

The other is a bit awkward, but still sad. And that's with TEC. Even though it was awkward that a computer was in love with Princess Peach, its still sad to see the X-Nauts shut him down when Sir Grodus finds out TEC has been helping Peach. Then when Mario and co find him, and everything goes red.

Kybyrian

When they started making movies into video games... a long, long time ago. Everybody knows that video games based off of movies are pretty much always absolutely horrible. The two should be left separate and have absolutely nothing to do with each other, but whatever rolls in the money, I suppose.

Of course I'm referring to sad as in a bad point, but sad can also mean parts that mad me feel emotion, so I guess I'll that one in there...

Probably when Alan Wake wrote himself dead at the end of Alan Wake. I was sad that I went through all that work just for him to kill himself.

Last edited:
i gotta say in chrono trigger [SPOILERS] when crono died. as i saw that scene i literally shouted "NNNOOOOO!!! NOT CRONO!!" (yeah my family thought i was crazy) my only thought was "how could they kill the main character?! he was awesome!!" marle's very realistic reaction only made it sadder. i almost cried tears of joy when i brought him back to life, man that game knew how to tug my heart strings.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
When navi leaves link in ocarina and tatl in majora's mask. tatl was awesome that made me cry but not navi made me sad though.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The "In Water" ending of Silent Hill 2. .. what makes it so sad is the content of Mary's letter as she reads it as you're realizing what James decides to do.

Alys' death in Phantasy Star IV. Granted there was no voice acting back then like there is in games now, but you can still get a feel for the emotions from still shots & text along with the music.

My saddest moment was in Metal Gear Solid 1.

If you submit to a torture earlier in the game, than Meryl dies at the end of the game and it was extremely sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom