• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Moments in Gaming

K

King of Hyrule

I have to go with Aeris being murdered in Final Fantasy 7. Earlier in the game there is the option of Cloud actually going on a date with her. So the fact that the main character has an emotional tie to her was sad. And the fact that she carried the "Holy" materia and really represented the hope and purity left in the world. And not necessarily her getting stabbed, but her funeral in the Forgotten City was a tear jerker. Cloud placing her body in the water gets me everytime.

everytime the sad music in Sonic Adventure played

[video=youtube;GqtmunuXaXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqtmunuXaXI&feature=related[/video]

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
When you find out what happened to the missing people in beyond good and evil. Just the fact they were lied to, captured, tortured and killed to keep the domz priest alive. During the game I got more sad, especially that you realize that people you talked to in town lost family members or disappear themselves without realizing that the people who have to protect them betray them. Just horrible.

The death of Damas in Jak 3 is also sad. He reveals that he will never forgive himself for losing his son, without realizing that Jak is his son. The saddest part is that he dies before Jak can tell him that he is his son. I cried a little inside.

EDIT: I forgot the ending of okami. The game is already full with sad moments, but this one was the worst. *cries*

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I might be a strange person but I thought Chrono Trigger was a sad game from start ´til end. The atmosphere of the game, the music and perhaps the entire story made the game feel melancholic and sad. But it was a good game!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
1. A sad moment was when Link leaves the Kokiri Forest knowing he may never return.

2. When Chrono dies in Chrono Trigger.

3. If you fail the alien at Romani Ranch and the older sister Cremia is crying.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
[BREAK]Roxas lost everything h ever cared for. His comrades (the Orginization), his friends (Axel), and his would-be girlfriend (just a guess)(Xion)[/BREAK]

@3.

i can't beleve i left that out, that's one of the things i like about MM, you can't save everyone and if you aren't able to help a certain person it gets to the point where you feel bad about not being able to save them, it's like the game Knuckles Chaotix, if you get the bad ending, Metal Sonic just devistates the entire planet into an appocolyptic world

Ghosi

Schmetterling
These are just some of my sad moments in video game history:

- The ending Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. It is very sad when
Xion dies and Terra becomes Xehanorth.

- In Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, at the second playthrough. Whenever I see the cutscene at Endgame:Rebirth, when
Serenes Forest gets destroyed, and the apostle is killed
I can't help but feel bad for "the guy". His whole family was destroyed, and he was a disgrace to his race. It makes me want to cry every time. Just to make the ending a little better, I always make him live and recruit him.

-At the end of Link's Awakening, when Link realizes he
will never see Koholith island again.

- In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, at the ending. This is one of the actual times I remember I was crying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom