• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
Johnny voted me and Namira thought he was voting Echo
since Echo had already claimed 3P there was nothing else to pressure her for in his eyes, so Johnny's "vote" was pointless
Bingo, except that my name's not Namira. I had already stated previously that voting for Echolight makes no sense, and when Johnny voted for him anyway, I reiterated that. I wanted him to explain his vote on Echo. This was rendered moot by the fact that, as I later discovered, he hadn't actually voted for her.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Bingo, except that my name's not Namira. I had already stated previously that voting for Echolight makes no sense, and when Johnny voted for him anyway, I reiterated that. I wanted him to explain his vote on Echo. This was rendered moot by the fact that, as I later discovered, he hadn't actually voted for her.
fdgmdklgm
I confuse you and Namira just like you confuse me and Echo sorry

inb4 funnier says I’m faking my reaction for the quattuorvigintillionth time.

Saw, voted there
Nice preemptive defense.

Yoi should know by now that my first serious vote of Day 1 isn't always what I end up sticking to. I do want to add pressure onto her though.
What real pressure exists, when everyone else in the game is letting them get by on their indie claim?

I don't know how Ex's mind works! His reaction just didn't align with what I would expect from Ex. How can you misread something that bad is what's bothering me. I'm not even explicitly scum reading him, just I didn't like that post and felt it was off.

For all I know scum Ex could do that as a way to try to bait a cop soft or something. I don't believe that was the case, but how can you not think Echo posting big read flags saying "I'm not town" and Ex going "Hmm, yes that looks like a cop claim" looks weird?

I mean the reactions to Ex were similar to mine. Not much to say there.

Tristan's post did give me thoughts, but nothing too specific and I wanted to see what else he said. I can't fault him for that idea about what Ex said since I just gave a similar tin foily idea. Lol. But I don't know if scum Tristan posits that as a not serious theory. He seems more calculated as scum.
If you don't explicitly scumread them for it, and yet are still harping on about a seeming derp, then it's just empty shade at that point. Town make mind-boggling posts at a considerably higher rate than scum.

I wasn’t going to comment on the Echolight votes since I assumed they were just RVS, but SMS’s “pressure” vote is suspicious. The odds of Echo being scum are virtually none, and since town should want to narrow down the list of potential scum as much as possible, it doesn’t make sense to sow unnecessary confusion by casting suspicion on her. If you wanted to pressure someone, there are better targets.

As for Ex, I don’t think much should be made of his post. It’s a very blatant misreading for town, but that’s hardly unprecedented for him, and there’s no reason for him to do what he did as scum. I’m actually somewhat suspicious of those suspecting him, as it’s such an easy and obvious target for scum to cast suspicion on and potentially mislynch, despite clearly not making much sense.

Based on that, I have a town read on Ex, and scum reads on SMS, Minish, and Johnny. None of them very strong at this point.

When they get around to it, I’d like @Zachie and @Soneji to post and give their thoughts on SMS and/or Ex.
This reads very forced and stiff, and is guilty of FoS'ing based on general anti-town principals that are easier for scum to use as the basis of their suspicion.

What if Echolight faked an unintentional 3P slip so that we would write them off as genuine, but they were scum the whole time and only wanted us to think they were a passive 3P?

Regardless I always lynch 3Ps so imma keep my vote here until I scumread someone else.
Seems overly complicated, especially for someone who others have said is a newbie scum. The boldeds rather a copout, if you always vote 3P then you should actually fight for it, then just using it as a means to plant your vote till late.

You’re probably scum, so far my posts have been identical. However, there isn’t enough to make a case yet.

Doc is a null read no matter how you slice it
The brash ego of thinking one's posting between alignments is identical more often comes from town, have been guilty as town for being very paranoid about people thinking they can read me correctly. That he backs off and comes out with a null is rather cowardly though. Lean scum overall here.

My actual thoughts are that lynching all third parties, as stated by Poy, is an obviously bad idea. There's no reason to lynch Echo and I'd rather go for one of my stated scum reads, likely SMS. Given that there's already a bandwagon on him, his lynch would give the most information.

I don't have particularly strong thoughts on Poy, though I have my eye on him. The whole "wow sure am glad I'm town this game :^)" shtick might normally make me suspicious, but it's an obvious enough move for scum that he could just as well be genuine.

Any other reads would require me to reread posts, which I will probably do.
How does this make any sense at all? If someone else gained a bigger bandwagon, then wouldn't they by this logic give even more info? It's best if there are competing wagons forcing hard choices, and people being forced to give proper explanations for their votes and vote switches.

This seems like an attempt to just settle people's mind early when there is a lot of day left, and d1 is the most important day. It may not seem it at the time, but in retrospect it is by far the most informative.

In that case, while I think SMS is a decent lynch, I wouldn't mind Johnny as an alternate wagon, or Minish for that matter. Poy might also be a good one, simply because of how jumpy and confusing he's been. The only ones I would really oppose are the two non-posters (who will probably be replaced soon), as well as Rubik and Echolight. I also think Ex is a bad idea, as the basis for suspecting him is nonexistent and his playstyle this game seems indistinguishable from last game to me, such that I'm actually town reading him. My main worry now is that we don't have much time, especially since so many players seem to be inactive, and it wouldn't surprise me for mafia to be hiding among them.

There's nothing to comment on because they're not based on anything, as shown in the posts I quoted. How do you respond to people calling you "weird" and saying they "don't like" you? The same thing happened last game (from the same people, no less), and as it turned out, there were two scum on my wagon. For whatever reason, it seems like people don't trust me lately, and I suppose that makes me an easy target.

Interestingly, the same people suspecting me now have also suspected (or at least attempted to form a bandwagon on) Ex, who I've also viewed as an easy target. This gives me reasonable confidence that at least one scum is among those three.
You didn't have particularly strong thoughts on Poy earlier, now you are throwing his name around as a main option for the lynch wagon? You said SMS would be the most informative lynch, now you've wavering and saying it's just a decent lynch, and wouldn't mind going elsewhere? You say to exclude the non-posters, yet also throw shade at us?

The end of your post is just playing the victim card.

Vote : Kirino

funnier6

Courage~
Nice preemptive defense.

What real pressure exists, when everyone else in the game is letting them get by on their indie claim?

If you don't explicitly scumread them for it, and yet are still harping on about a seeming derp, then it's just empty shade at that point. Town make mind-boggling posts at a considerably higher rate than scum.

This reads very forced and stiff, and is guilty of FoS'ing based on general anti-town principals that are easier for scum to use as the basis of their suspicion.

Seems overly complicated, especially for someone who others have said is a newbie scum. The boldeds rather a copout, if you always vote 3P then you should actually fight for it, then just using it as a means to plant your vote till late.

The brash ego of thinking one's posting between alignments is identical more often comes from town, have been guilty as town for being very paranoid about people thinking they can read me correctly. That he backs off and comes out with a null is rather cowardly though. Lean scum overall here.

How does this make any sense at all? If someone else gained a bigger bandwagon, then wouldn't they by this logic give even more info? It's best if there are competing wagons forcing hard choices, and people being forced to give proper explanations for their votes and vote switches.

This seems like an attempt to just settle people's mind early when there is a lot of day left, and d1 is the most important day. It may not seem it at the time, but in retrospect it is by far the most informative.

You didn't have particularly strong thoughts on Poy earlier, now you are throwing his name around as a main option for the lynch wagon? You said SMS would be the most informative lynch, now you've wavering and saying it's just a decent lynch, and wouldn't mind going elsewhere? You say to exclude the non-posters, yet also throw shade at us?

Vote : Kirino
Hi where’ve you been?

Can I get a short summary of how you feel about Things so far

Hi where’ve you been?

Can I get a short summary of how you feel about Things so far
Playing TTRPGs, procrastinating. Summary would amount to : not voting the 3P today but will keep a watch out especially if they're just going to keep on mostly being "woe is me I"m going to get NK'd", preferred lynch options are Kirino and Poy, started dozing off during your and Minish's back and forth but should remind myself to comb that sometime, not much in the way of townreads yet though I'm not big on them in general, Zachie might be the closest I have to one strangely enough, for being so unapologetic about showing up late and sticking to his unorthodox style.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Just woke up. I'll try to be around for EOD, but I'm going to a pool party later so we'll see how sober I am at that point.

3. @Johnny Soosh Some things he said have been just.. blatantly scummy to me, while others have been more town Johnny thinking about things in that weird way of his so I've got super mixed feeling atm
You know I always like to know what you think my scum and town statements are. Any insight there or nah?

So far I'm liking Soneji, but one post of reads isn't enough for me to town lean him.

Zachie has a playstyle that runs me the wrong way, but he's still slightly null. He defends why he won't provide reads every second, which has okay reasoning. It's not overly scummy, but I'll be watching for more when he's worked his way through the thread.

funnier6

Courage~
You know I always like to know what you think my scum and town statements are. Any insight there or nah?
I don’t know that you always like to know, but I’ll get to that day two maybe if I have time
So far I'm liking Soneji, but one post of reads isn't enough for me to town lean him.
What about him do you like
Zachie has a playstyle that runs me the wrong way, but he's still slightly null. He defends why he won't provide reads every second, which has okay reasoning. It's not overly scummy, but I'll be watching for more when he's worked his way through the thread.
That’s literally just how he’s always been

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
What about him do you like
I like the way he's targeting Kirino. I haven't really taken the time to look over Kirino, and it may just be his playstyle, but something about it was bugging me. The posts he highlights kinda hit on those.

Looking back over it, Kirino has more or less danced around his votes, but never really settling very much (based on how I'm reading it). The point about bandwagoning especially, as Kirino seems to advocate for a large wagon, implying hammer, and ultimately creating an oversized pool of potential scum.

That’s literally just how he’s always been
Gotcha

I can't recall playing with Zachie, and if I have, I can't recall his playstyle. At this point I want more posts to form an opinion. It my just be my preference of playstyle that's making me think this.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm fairly confident in my SMS vote and I'll likely be sticking with it barring any developments that would change my mind.

@funnier6: have you decided on a lynch target?

@Rubik @Doc
This accusation is too vague for me to respond to or even know what you're talking about.
I've seen games (such as last one) where alternative targets are chosen last minute without much or any particular reasoning being provided by people, and there's something to be said about a wagon that's started early and that many people have formed multiple opinions on. The point is fair and noted, though.
You didn't have particularly strong thoughts on Poy earlier, now you are throwing his name around as a main option for the lynch wagon? You said SMS would be the most informative lynch, now you've wavering and saying it's just a decent lynch, and wouldn't mind going elsewhere?
If you read funnier's post, the one to which I responded, he clearly states that these are pressure wagons, not necessarily lynch wagons. There's also absolutely no contradiction between saying a lynch is the most informative and a merely decent one since Day 1 lynches can rarely be described as anything better than "decent," so I'm not sure what your point is here. Besides, I already stated early on that all of my reads were fairly weak, so it's not as if I've changed my position.
You say to exclude the non-posters, yet also throw shade at us?
I was referring to all the people who weren't active at the moment, which was more than you and Zachie. My worry being that scum could be hiding in the background while active players duke it out. This often happens.
It's not, because I gave a coherent reason: jumping upon an easy target without any particular explanation is suspicious. I made the same prediction last game (i.e. lots of people voting me for no reason, probably some scum there), and I was correct. I'm slightly suspicious of all those voting Ex for the same reason, as I stated previously. The fact that I happen to be the one that fits that pattern now is immaterial and has no bearing on my response.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've seen games (such as last one) where alternative targets are chosen last minute without much or any particular reasoning being provided by people, and there's something to be said about a wagon that's started early and that many people have formed multiple opinions on. The point is fair and noted, though.
My issue here is that you didn't provide a potential counter wagon. You want a mass wagon with no other alternatives, and when you stated this earlier, EOD was over 24 hours away, plenty of time for an alternate to be discussed.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sorry I have been absent, Valentines Day got pushed back to yesterday so I've been busy.

Johnny and SMS are the scummiest looking ones to me, but normally their day ones are always this way so I err on voting them. Much like how Minish's playstyle always makes me want to townread her, Johnny and SMS always make me want to scumread them.

If it came down to it, I feel comfortable lynching SMS today (or at the very least getting a role claim), just because I didn't get town vibes from his interactions with Kirino. It felt like he was searching for a justification to scumread them.

But, in a shocking turn of events, I'm going to join SMS vote (I think his vote is still here, I don't remember).

Vote Tristan

I'm definitely sheeping a lil rn, but I don't love how Tristan voted an inactive without much explanation. Not only that, but an inactive that was in no way being considered. It felt like an easy "look I voted, I have suspicions" without commenting on what is happening.

If it looks like its between SMS and some other wagon, I will switch my vote to him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom