• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly confident in my SMS vote and I'll likely be sticking with it barring any developments that would change my mind.

@funnier6: have you decided on a lynch target?

@Rubik @Doc

This accusation is too vague for me to respond to or even know what you're talking about.
The gist of it is that scum find it easier to make general scumreads based on "established" anti-town behaviors, such as indie hunting. In and of itself, FoS'ing someone for indie hunting isn't scummy, but the amount of words you put in to make such a simple read and the stiffness of those words makes it come off forced.

I've seen games (such as last one) where alternative targets are chosen last minute without much or any particular reasoning being provided by people, and there's something to be said about a wagon that's started early and that many people have formed multiple opinions on. The point is fair and noted, though.
That post was made barely past the 24 hour mark though. Fear of CFD wagons isn't a logical reason to settle for the biggest wagon only a third of the way into the day phase.

If you read funnier's post, the one to which I responded, he clearly states that these are pressure wagons, not necessarily lynch wagons. There's also absolutely no contradiction between saying a lynch is the most informative and a merely decent one since Day 1 lynches can rarely be described as anything better than "decent," so I'm not sure what your point is here. Besides, I already stated early on that all of my reads were fairly weak, so it's not as if I've changed my position.
Pressure wagons in the last third of the dayphase? You looked to be proposing end phase wagons. Whether or not a lynch is decent is relative, for a d1 lynch something can be great in the context of it being d1, even if merely decent compared to the cases able to be formed in later phases.

I was referring to all the people who weren't active at the moment, which was more than you and Zachie. My worry being that scum could be hiding in the background while active players duke it out. This often happens.
Fair enough, it just seemed to me most players outside of the no shows at the time had at least decent activity.

It's not, because I gave a coherent reason: jumping upon an easy target without any particular explanation is suspicious. I made the same prediction last game (i.e. lots of people voting me for no reason, probably some scum there), and I was correct. I'm slightly suspicious of all those voting Ex for the same reason, as I stated previously. The fact that I happen to be the one that fits that pattern now is immaterial and has no bearing on my response.
As someone who suspects you, it's hard for me to say that they didn't have proper explanation, even if they didn't go onto you as hard as I did. It's also hard for me to give people much leniency as easy targets in a 13 player game, with an Innocent Child and a claimed third party already off the table. You and Ex are two of the eleven suspects for others, and attaching yourself to them irks me.

Sorry I have been absent, Valentines Day got pushed back to yesterday so I've been busy.

Johnny and SMS are the scummiest looking ones to me, but normally their day ones are always this way so I err on voting them. Much like how Minish's playstyle always makes me want to townread her, Johnny and SMS always make me want to scumread them.

If it came down to it, I feel comfortable lynching SMS today (or at the very least getting a role claim), just because I didn't get town vibes from his interactions with Kirino. It felt like he was searching for a justification to scumread them.

But, in a shocking turn of events, I'm going to join SMS vote (I think his vote is still here, I don't remember).

Vote Tristan

I'm definitely sheeping a lil rn, but I don't love how Tristan voted an inactive without much explanation. Not only that, but an inactive that was in no way being considered. It felt like an easy "look I voted, I have suspicions" without commenting on what is happening.

If it looks like its between SMS and some other wagon, I will switch my vote to him though.
From all contextual clues, this Tristan is the user Mellow Ezlo? If so, they did make it clear they had a specific reason for doing so, and putting some pressure on non-posters on day one isn't bad if they're contributing in other ways which Mellow has been. I don't see how the fact that Zach wasn't being considered by others matters? Inactives usually fly under the radar in general, and the whole point of applying pressure there is to keep them in people's mind in lieu of actual posts from said inactives.

This feels like a pretty bad turn going hard onto picking at "anti-town play", rather than specifically scummy play. To join your scumread on this instead of voting them raises some red flags for me.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
As someone who suspects you, it's hard for me to say that they didn't have proper explanation, even if they didn't go onto you as hard as I did. It's also hard for me to give people much leniency as easy targets in a 13 player game, with an Innocent Child and a claimed third party already off the table. You and Ex are two of the eleven suspects for others, and attaching yourself to them irks me.
yea it's bothering me a bit too
I certainly did nothing towny or scummy afaik and I've been kinda just lurking trying to see if something catches my attention which usually wouldn't be seen as towny so I have no idea why he's defending me or pairing me with him

Kirino

Tatakae
I won't remove my vote since we still have time and I'm not quite convinced by SMS's claim: it's obscure enough that it could be made up, and I wouldn't be surprised if scum have fake claims. That said, if he's telling the truth, the role would be too valuable to lynch. If anyone wants to counterclaim, now would be the time. As for alternate wagons, I've already stated why I'm opposed to Ex and I don't see the reasoning behind Tristan. I would prefer Johnny or Minish.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman: are you still suspicious of Tristan now that you've heard his explanation?

but the amount of words you put in to make such a simple read and the stiffness of those words makes it come off forced.
I think that's just how I talk, honestly. I always feel the need to give proper explanations for my votes and reads, to an extent that some may find excessive.
Pressure wagons in the last third of the dayphase? You looked to be proposing end phase wagons.
Take that up with funnier, who suggested the idea, and to whom I merely responded. I myself expressed skepticism in that same post given how late it was and how many inactives there were.
Whether or not a lynch is decent is relative, for a d1 lynch something can be great in the context of it being d1, even if merely decent compared to the cases able to be formed in later phases.
I used "decent" in the sense of the game as a whole, which I think would be the most intuitive way of reading it. If a lynch were mediocre overall, I wouldn't describe it as great simply because it occurred on Day 1, or if I did, would say "great, at least for a Day 1 lynch." But these are semantics.
As someone who suspects you, it's hard for me to say that they didn't have proper explanation, even if they didn't go onto you as hard as I did.
It's not that their explanations weren't proper so much as the fact that they were essentially nonexistent. That's why I'm less suspicious of you.
From all contextual clues, this Tristan is the user Mellow Ezlo?
Not that I think the two of you are scumbuds, but if you were, this would be a hilarious way of distancing yourself lol. "Who is this Tristan of whom you speak? Oh, could you perhaps be referring to the user known as Mellow Ezlo, whom I have never met?"

funnier6

Courage~
claim: it's obscure enough that it could be made up, and I wouldn't be surprised if scum have fake claims.
Backup is an utterly ridiculous scum fake claim, they could end up having to back up something crazy that would be an obvious lie

Also Pancake hates giving scum fake claims I mentioned earlier

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
@Spiritual Mask Salesman: are you still suspicious of Tristan now that you've heard his explanation?
Well it seems he did have an intent behind his vote for Zachie, it looks ok to me so I'll go ahead and unvote.

Unvote

I'll look back through the game and sew where I stand on Exlight. I completely forgot to get back to you on that.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
damn, last minute opportunistic wagon on me :eyes:

@Mellow Ezlo
How exactly does Doc's vote make any sense to you?
He said to be scumreading Johnny and SMS and votes outta nowhere on a third person who he isn't suspecting, and that is their scumread's option.
I don't remotely see how pressing an inactive that might be lurking is scummy, and I don't see why you'd agree with it if that's what you had in mind when voting Zachie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom