• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
His posts so far don’t feel like scum Doc is the best way I can put it

He has a lot more posts than scum Doc is another way I can put it
Yeah, no that's a copout answer. Anyone can say that their first vote isn't what they stick to. And what pressure do you want on her? Do you think she's mafia lying about being 3rd party? Because I find that unlikely and don't think lynching 3rd party is productive for d1.

Unvote

Vote: SMS
MINISH DONT SHEEP ME UNTIL I ASK
I like Minish rn. This feels like town play for her. Tighter, more aggressive, right out of the gate. Scum Minish doesn't play like this from my experience.
TOO EARLY
I like Funnier. Feel like he's town too. Playing 20 Qs and Jeopardy over here.
TOO EARLY

Good grief man you sure have a lot of confidence in your reads to think that me and Min are town so quickly

Almost like you already know :eyes:
I wouldn't put it past Echo as scum to try setting up something early as scum to coast through and not gain much attention later. Potentially she could be harmless third party, but then again she could be an SK and that's really what I want to know, because imo SK=Scum regardless of if she wants to help town.
This is totally ridiculous lol

If ever a third party claims or flips she loses all credibility and dies most every scenario

I’m pretty sure a very very large amount of people in here would absolutely stop her from claiming that in scum chat

And also I feel like she would never come up with that herself

It’s just nuts shes telling the truth

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What I really don’t see is why Ex would fake misreading that post

Oh, Echo softed third party, guess I’d better interpret that as a cop slip!

????????

It does not follow therefore he did I’m fact misread it therefore it is in fact NAI cause that is just the dumbest thing to just make up

It’s a golden opportunity! You can push third party lynches but you sure can’t push cop softs!

I don’t see how you don’t see that

I don't know how Ex's mind works! His reaction just didn't align with what I would expect from Ex. How can you misread something that bad is what's bothering me. I'm not even explicitly scum reading him, just I didn't like that post and felt it was off.

For all I know scum Ex could do that as a way to try to bait a cop soft or something. I don't believe that was the case, but how can you not think Echo posting big read flags saying "I'm not town" and Ex going "Hmm, yes that looks like a cop claim" looks weird?

I feel like you made those reads without considering everything is what I’m getting at

Also I feel like you should’ve had comments on the reactions to Ex at least as much as reactions to Echo

Doesn’t that Tristan post make you feel anything?

I mean the reactions to Ex were similar to mine. Not much to say there.

Tristan's post did give me thoughts, but nothing too specific and I wanted to see what else he said. I can't fault him for that idea about what Ex said since I just gave a similar tin foily idea. Lol. But I don't know if scum Tristan posits that as a not serious theory. He seems more calculated as scum.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Why would you not put that past scum Echo? We haven't seen scum Echo, and doing something like that would be pretty ballsy for a first time scum player. And SK isn't as big of a threat as mafia. We'll know if there's more than one kill at night.
I feel like she'd freak out over being scum, so her team would try to help her come up with something to be a low priority threat. I've been in game where I've seen scum claim 3rd party on Day 1 to coast through, they were experienced players though. Anyway, that's like my off the wall theory.

Now, I admit I didn't really consider the extra kill popping up, but I feel like it'd be hard to determine if Echo is an SK because I would bet she'll end up refraining from making kills. In any case, from the looks of it, comparitively my reasoning for voting her is somewhat thought out, while the others voting Echo are just sheeping my vote. Why not look into them? Also, for future reference, if I don't explain a vote off the bat and other add to the wagon, I'm likely pressuring; but voting and saying its just a pressure vote makes it lose its effectiveness.

Why would I want you gone so badly early anyways? Like if you think I'm scum why would I be scared of you specifically to try to push something you think I don't believe?
I'm probably pretty paranoid that you'd want me gone asap as scum, especially after the last game where I was the Night 1 kill and you were on that scum team. Hopefully that's understandable, you voting me didn't ease my concerns, obviously.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
posting big read flags saying "I'm not town" and Ex going "Hmm, yes that looks like a cop claim" looks weird?
I'm big dummy, but yea, I didn't realize she was literally saying she wasn't town lmfao

I saw
I am going to find scum, and lynch them
and her panicking saying she was going to die tonight
I was like, oh is that a cop soft/slip

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Also, good morning everyone!

I honestly had no idea what to do when this game started. Did I do something dumb by admitting? I just thought if town knew then I wouldn’t get lynched, and in return I would try to lynch mafia just as if I was town, but then I realized scum’s gonna kill me most likely, so I know I am going to die at some point in this game.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I feel like she'd freak out over being scum, so her team would try to help her come up with something to be a low priority threat. I've been in game where I've seen scum claim 3rd party on Day 1 to coast through, they were experienced players though. Anyway, that's like my off the wall theory.

Now, I admit I didn't really consider the extra kill popping up, but I feel like it'd be hard to determine if Echo is an SK because I would bet she'll end up refraining from making kills. In any case, from the looks of it, comparitively my reasoning for voting her is somewhat thought out, while the others voting Echo are just sheeping my vote. Why not look into them? Also, for future reference, if I don't explain a vote off the bat and other add to the wagon, I'm likely pressuring; but voting and saying its just a pressure vote makes it lose its effectiveness.

Her 3rd party confession just sounded so genuine though. I don't know if scum Echo could play off a fake claim like that with so much genuineness.

Did you not see that I was voting Poy (who voted for Echo) before voting you? I was looking into him until your response which looked not great. There's nothing to pressure with a claimed 3rd party who is very likely telling the truth though. Like what more are you expecting to get out of her?

I'm probably pretty paranoid that you'd want me gone asap as scum, especially after the last game where I was the Night 1 kill and you were on that scum team. Hopefully that's understandable, you voting me didn't ease my concerns, obviously.

That was a strategic kill because you were off the two main wagons. Where I wanted to keep the focus on. Had nothing to do with you personally. And funnier is also voting you, but you don't seem interested in that. Especially when he knows your meta better than I do and assuming hypothetically if you are town you should have more problem with his vote than mine.

funnier6

Courage~
For all I know scum Ex could do that as a way to try to bait a cop soft or something. I don't believe that was the case, but how can you not think Echo posting big read flags saying "I'm not town" and Ex going "Hmm, yes that looks like a cop claim" looks weird?
Like, the bottom line here is that he legitimately misread that post, I don’t see any other options.
I mean the reactions to Ex were similar to mine. Not much to say there.
I had much to say to yours and others so it would only follow that you could if you looked
I've been in game where I've seen scum claim 3rd party on Day 1 to coast through, they were experienced players though. Anyway, that's like my off the wall theory.
Oh hiiii that was me
Now, I admit I didn't really consider the extra kill popping up, but I feel like it'd be hard to determine if Echo is an SK because I would bet she'll end up refraining from making kills.
If she refrains from killing anyone either she’s going against wincon or she can win with town lol
Why not look into them? Also, for future reference, if I don't explain a vote off the bat and other add to the wagon, I'm likely pressuring; but voting and saying its just a pressure vote makes it lose its effectiveness.
The thing is pressure in this case is just weird and crazy
I'm probably pretty paranoid that you'd want me gone asap as scum,
It’s literally good scum play to keep you alive >.>

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also, good morning everyone!

I honestly had no idea what to do when this game started. Did I do something dumb by admitting? I just thought if town knew then I wouldn’t get lynched, and in return I would try to lynch mafia just as if I was town, but then I realized scum’s gonna kill me most likely, so I know I am going to die at some point in this game.
Echo, third party is low priority to scum, in fact if you are an SK they will likely not want to lynch or kill you if you use your shots, as the chances of hitting town are higher than you targeting scum. But ya, in the future you are better off not saying anything probably, but that's just how I play 3rd party - everyone does it differently though so my take isn't law.

We have two role claims iirc. All I want from you us to tell us if you are a Seriel Killer. If you're not tell me that upfront and I'll gladly move my vote off you and look elsewhere, Echo.

Getting this out of the way early will be good I think. Plus, if she is an SK willing to help town we can try to help coordinating her shots, then we can expend her later on.

Her 3rd party confession just sounded so genuine though. I don't know if scum Echo could play off a fake claim like that with so much genuineness.
Echo can come off genuine with anything I'd think. We all know she is like 12, she adds the crying emojis, you want to believe anything she says, lol. Idk in games I toss that all aside though.

And funnier is also voting you, but you don't seem interested in that. Especially when he knows your meta better than I do and assuming hypothetically if you are town you should have more problem with his vote than mine.
Town funnier votes me a lot actually so I'm not too worried about that. Anyway, if I was scum I'd probably have gone submissive by now and tried changing the topic, or just not engaged in dialogue with you, funnier should notice this by now unless he is like busy staring into Ex's eyes. :P

Full disclosure, I will be heading to work shortly, tag me and I'll try getting back to you later tonight.

Kirino

Tatakae
I wasn’t going to comment on the Echolight votes since I assumed they were just RVS, but SMS’s “pressure” vote is suspicious. The odds of Echo being scum are virtually none, and since town should want to narrow down the list of potential scum as much as possible, it doesn’t make sense to sow unnecessary confusion by casting suspicion on her. If you wanted to pressure someone, there are better targets.

As for Ex, I don’t think much should be made of his post. It’s a very blatant misreading for town, but that’s hardly unprecedented for him, and there’s no reason for him to do what he did as scum. I’m actually somewhat suspicious of those suspecting him, as it’s such an easy and obvious target for scum to cast suspicion on and potentially mislynch, despite clearly not making much sense.

Based on that, I have a town read on Ex, and scum reads on SMS, Minish, and Johnny. None of them very strong at this point.

When they get around to it, I’d like @Zachie and @Soneji to post and give their thoughts on SMS and/or Ex.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wasn’t going to comment on the Echolight votes since I assumed they were just RVS, but SMS’s “pressure” vote is suspicious. The odds of Echo being scum are virtually none, and since town should want to narrow down the list of potential scum as much as possible, it doesn’t make sense to sow unnecessary confusion by casting suspicion on her. If you wanted to pressure someone, there are better targets.
I think you should read the expansion of my thoughts.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Er making?
NKimg
Mobile autocorrect sucks

Why FoS

Why not vote him if you’re so sure
Cause I like reactions. You know this.

Not really, the vibe from Tristan’s posts tend to differ a lot when he’s different alignments and that post immediately hit me as I DONT LIKE but that’s a typical reaction if he’s town so I’m chewin on it
Fair enough

His posts so far don’t feel like scum Doc is the best way I can put it

He has a lot more posts than scum Doc is another way I can put it
Gotcha

Good grief man you sure have a lot of confidence in your reads to think that me and Min are town so quickly

Almost like you already know
Alex, "What is a Town Lean?"
Nice, daily double

What does SK mean?

Serial killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom