• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
You just had Johnny as a question mark, so why lynch him?
You seem to greatly misinterpret me when I say "these are the people I think should be wagons"

At this point I dont know who should be lynched today, but someones got to be lynched today, and those are the people who I'd like a better read of because they're falling on the lower end of the spectrum

Johnny is giving me a weird feeling, therefore I think it would be useful for my read on him if he was a wagon

That does not mean I want to lynch him, that means I'd like to ramp up some pressure on him so I can determine if I want to lynch him

Same goes for the other two

Rarely am I going to be sure enough about someone on day one to be screaming from the rooftops

Also it's important to note that we have two claims a day and I think we should have a system in place for that so we can get the most out of the lynch

We need options so we can maneuver depending on how clearing the first claim is

Say the lead wagon claims at around an hour to eod, we buy that, we switch to the second wagon, they also claim something believable. Well then we got like thirty ish minutes left to make something happen so it'd be good if we were prepared for this scenario because it's honestly very likely that the town roles will be very clearing and the scum roles not so
This all feels very familiar.

@funnier6: could you answer my question?
Comments on the reads on you?

Kirino

Tatakae
In that case, while I think SMS is a decent lynch, I wouldn't mind Johnny as an alternate wagon, or Minish for that matter. Poy might also be a good one, simply because of how jumpy and confusing he's been. The only ones I would really oppose are the two non-posters (who will probably be replaced soon), as well as Rubik and Echolight. I also think Ex is a bad idea, as the basis for suspecting him is nonexistent and his playstyle this game seems indistinguishable from last game to me, such that I'm actually town reading him. My main worry now is that we don't have much time, especially since so many players seem to be inactive, and it wouldn't surprise me for mafia to be hiding among them.

Comments on the reads on you?
There's nothing to comment on because they're not based on anything, as shown in the posts I quoted. How do you respond to people calling you "weird" and saying they "don't like" you? The same thing happened last game (from the same people, no less), and as it turned out, there were two scum on my wagon. For whatever reason, it seems like people don't trust me lately, and I suppose that makes me an easy target.

Interestingly, the same people suspecting me now have also suspected (or at least attempted to form a bandwagon on) Ex, who I've also viewed as an easy target. This gives me reasonable confidence that at least one scum is among those three.

funnier6

Courage~
In that case, while I think SMS is a decent lynch, I wouldn't mind Johnny as an alternate wagon, or Minish for that matter. Poy might also be a good one, simply because of how jumpy and confusing he's been. The only ones I would really oppose are the two non-posters (who will probably be replaced soon), as well as Rubik and Echolight. I also think Ex is a bad idea, as the basis for suspecting him is nonexistent and his playstyle this game seems indistinguishable from last game to me, such that I'm actually town reading him. My main worry now is that we don't have much time, especially since so many players seem to be inactive, and it wouldn't surprise me for mafia to be hiding among them.

There's nothing to comment on because they're not based on anything, as shown in the posts I quoted. How do you respond to people calling you "weird" and saying they "don't like" you? The same thing happened last game (from the same people, no less), and as it turned out, there were two scum on my wagon. For whatever reason, it seems like people don't trust me lately, and I suppose that makes me an easy target.

Interestingly, the same people suspecting me now have also suspected (or at least attempted to form a bandwagon on) Ex, who I've also viewed as an easy target. This gives me reasonable confidence that at least one scum is among those three.
Pressure on Ex can be useful in just about any scenario cause he likes to run amok and how he and other people react to an Ex wagon is usually very interesting

I was thinking more on the lines of why do you think those reads exist

Yes hi I was one of those people last game

You were playing differently, you weren't town, I felt pretty validated

Also you claimed my role

As far as not trusting you there's a certain amount of paranoia that develops around strong players who haven't randed scum in a very long time. I know that me and Rubik are town, I'm pretty positive Minish is town, that paints a bad picture for you without me knowing anything of your posts just by the odds

Which you might say is unfair of me but its pretty accurate especially since I used it last game to correctly read you and Minish as scum

Not being familiar with your scum meta makes me very wary of you by default

I cant speak for the other people who find you strange but those are my feelings at present

I really miss being able to dump all my thoughts in Rube's dms

Kirino

Tatakae
You were playing differently, you weren't town, I felt pretty validated
I don't think I played any differently. I played as if I were town, because my scumhunting was genuine and none of my reads were made up. The only exceptions were posts I made for the sake of my bingo and my fake claim at the end.

As far as not trusting you there's a certain amount of paranoia that develops around strong players who haven't randed scum in a very long time. I know that me and Rubik are town, I'm pretty positive Minish is town, that paints a bad picture for you without me knowing anything of your posts just by the odds
The odds of me being scum are the same regardless of my previous roles because that's how probability works, and any suspicion based on that isn't rational.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Edit: those two, rather, as SMS hasn't suspected Ex, although I'm still not fond of how he hasn't given a reason for suspecting me.

On that note, though, what do you think of Ex, @Spiritual Mask Salesman?
I feel like you seeded a reason to vote me before just doing it by talking about it but instead voting Johnny, which you didn't stick with, and as far as I remember, voting him went nowhere for you, you said it was pressure. Now refer to this post:
I don't know enough about SMS to judge the truth of this, but the sequence of events was that he voted, got pushback, then defended his vote as pressure (not that there was much to pressure her on lol, she'd already claimed, and he never stated what he was pressuring her for). Then he still got more pushback, then finally asked her if she was SK and when she said no, he removed his vote. I interpreted this as a potential way for him to justify backing off without looking like he was succumbing to pressure against him, despite nothing really changing. Basically, he wanted to seem as if he was holding his ground, while actually backing off to allay suspicion.

You could argue that knowing if she was SK was the reason for the pressure vote, and once she revealed that, there was no reason to keep it on. But it was only several pages after that vote, and after people started pushing back and suspecting him, that he suddenly came up with something to pressure her on. Moreover, while I said the question wasn't terrible because it might make her want to reveal now so she doesn't get caught later, SMS's reasoning was weaker and seemed more contrived: "She is a newer player, she probably would, she already outed she wasn't Town, so." Basically, these facts indicate to me that the question was asked as an excuse to step away from his vote.

Anyway, going over it has made me more confident in an SMS lynch.

Unvote

Vote: SMS
I actually pressured Echo for a reason though, but didn't persue until there were more votes on her so I could leverage the info I wanted, then unvoted like I said.

In comparison, you said you dislike Johnny for voting Ex, voted Johnny, talked about me and unvoted and said your vote on Johnny was pressure, but you never pressured him for anything. Your case on me is based on fabrication "This is what SMS was thinking and why he did it!" my case on you is just relaying the plain facts. Thus, you seem pretty scummy.

One vote isn't pressuring, basically. Once there was a wagon on Echo then my vote had some weight, so I used it.

I'll get to you on Ex in a bit though.

funnier6

Courage~
Player list:
1. Echolight- if she goes uncounterclaimed as third party she's pretty much clear imo. Unless there was never any third party in the game to begin with, though I'm not sure how scum would know that. Pancake professed that he did not believe in giving scum fake claims last game so I'm just leaning towards truth. Also there's the fact that its a 13 player game so there ought to be a third party but you never know mmm Also yes I am making a conclusion based off something you should know about
2. funnier6 Obvious scum since Rube confirmed town
3. @Johnny Soosh Some things he said have been just.. blatantly scummy to me, while others have been more town Johnny thinking about things in that weird way of his so I've got super mixed feeling atm
4. @Rubi - Sherry Burkin the Innocent Child- random but I googled this character idk why and apparently its Birkin not Burkin smh Namira
5. @Ex- the usual mixed bag, I dont want to try to put that into words atm
6. @Morbi Minish Has been less of a potato and more of a potato battery, doesnt have that squirrelly "but funnier are reads just aren't aligning, it doesnt mean anything!" vibe. Should be pretty obvious by day two if scum (I get it, playing a billion scum games in a row sucksssss)
7. Doc I would like more content from @Doc since I kind of gave him a pass for early contributions but a good bit of that was RVS and I want thoughts on Things
8. @Poyzi- reads genuine to me is all I can say for it, could be wrong we'll see
9. @Spiritual Mask Sales- superrr mixed, I should iso him and look over some different games, I'm being reminded of a lot of different games rn and its hard to keep track of exactly which ones and why. The one thing that's cutting to me atm is that he used the meta defense to both me and Minish iirc, "you must be throwing out all my meta if youre scum reading me" which felt really calculated like he pre planned it to align with his meta and annoyed no one even picked it up
10. @Zachi- needs to post
11. Soneji- needs to post
12. @Mello Ezlo- needs to post about why he's voting Zachie cause I'm hecka curious
13. Kirino- see above post

Glad I got that down, I have a 6-2 shift tomorrow so I won't be here much

funnier6

Courage~
I actually pressured Echo for a reason though, but didn't persue until there were more votes on her so I could leverage the info I wanted, then unvoted like I said.
If you really did want this info why did you not ask for it in the post you voted her in

Saying you wanted wait for more votes on her before asking is so ??????

Like you magically knew there's be more votes and also that she wouldn't answer you without them all without ever trying in the first place

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If you really did want this info why did you not ask for it in the post you voted her in

Saying you wanted wait for more votes on her before asking is so ??????

Like you magically knew there's be more votes and also that she wouldn't answer you without them all without ever trying in the first place
Well you hope for the best, I could have tried but I figured to wait just a little bit. I also placed the vote and went and did other stuff I needed to get done. Voting and going "pressure vote, hope you crack" doesn't work.

Kirino

Tatakae
In comparison, you said you dislike Johnny for voting Ex, voted Johnny, talked about me and unvoted and said your vote on Johnny was pressure, but you never pressured him for anything. Your case on me is based on fabrication "This is what SMS was thinking and why he did it!" my case on you is just relaying the plain facts. Thus, you seem pretty scummy.

I didn't keep my vote on him because it was based on the false impression that he was voting for Echo, and because he didn't respond to pressure. The reason for my pressure vote was clear in the post where I originally voted for him, which was that (I thought) he voted for Echo, and I wanted him to explain it. Your attempt to turn this around on me is clever, but unsuccessful. As for the criticism that I'm just assuming what you're thinking, attempting to derive intent according to circumstances is one of the only and most common ways to scumhunt, and I've already provided the reasoning for my interpretation. Finally, your alternative explanation that you were simply waiting for more votes is frankly unconvincing.

Zachie

Moo
I'm actually going to

Vote: @Zachie

If anyone would like me to clarify this a bit more, I will later, but not now. I want him to start talking, but there is a reason I'm voting him over Soneji, and I don't want to say it until he comes in and finally says something.
You definitely do not want to be doing that. :shrug:

Hi, hi everyone. Nobody told me the game had started even though I specifically asked to be told :p

I don't have the time right this second to read through 20 pages.. but I'll try and get to it at the very least before the next day phase starts. Ignoring everyone that asks me for reads lists every day phase, and those people will know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom