• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoX and LA

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The BS won't state this because of release. I thought we talked about that.

lol i know and my rebuttal to that is that if they wanted to make OoX be a prequel then they would make it fit the LA BS.

here is an easy fix if they really wanted to make it fit. instead of having Link hear the triforce calling to him, have him end up in Holodrum/Labrynna with the intentions of training but he then stumbles upon an adventure. its that easy. they just have to change the first 2 minutes of dialogue but this doesnt happen.

"who are you? Link you say? well what are you doing here, Link? Training?"

its that easy.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
But if any of the Oracles would come between ALttP and LA, why didn't they make any in game references in OoX?
Like recycling some character sprites to hint that, all the characters Link was dreaming about in LA were met during his journeys?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
This seems like such an interesting topic. I'm dying to play these games to contribute, but I just have no means of doing so. :(

GBC on the Wii VC cannot come out fast enough.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
because, IMO, it doesnt go between ALTTP and LA :)

In that I also agree with you, even though in my first timeline studies, I believed they were in between ALttP and LA, that belief soon went away.

This seems like such an interesting topic. I'm dying to play these games to contribute, but I just have no means of doing so. :(

GBC on the Wii VC cannot come out fast enough.

Oh, you can always look up on youtube or Zeldawiki to know the important facts.

On a sidenote: I don't think that such a weak piece of evidence as Link sailing away on a boat would mean a connection.
If they intended ALttP and LA's Link to be the same as the OoX's one, I believe they would have mentioned it in OoX's manuals

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
agreed. i dont think the sail boat is a very good argument. other than the sail boat and the fact that there are some monsters in OoX that are taken from LA doesnt do much for me.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
thats not my only piece of evidence. until OoX came out, it was believed by pretty much every person that LA was supposed to be a sequel for ALTTP. this was believed before a timeline was even confirmed to have existed. my evidence is that it was obviously made to be a sequel to ALTTP and if OoX was never released there would be no argument for that and if there was no boat shown at the end of OoX no one would argue it and i dont believe a boat to be strong enough evidence at all.

I agree that if there wasn't a boat showing intent and perfect continuity between OoX and LA no one would believe in OoX/LA. But guess what? THERE IS!

Original intent =/= recent intent. Original intent isn't evidence at all. If it was then we'd all be using linear timelines.

The only evidence there is right here and now for LttP/LA is Agahnim and 3 more exclusive enemies. For OoX/LA there's perfect continuity between games, intent by the ending and boat, 14 exclusive enemies including like 6 bosses.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
your argument is that the monsters are in the wind fish's dream as apart of Links past but the quote from the owl implies that the monsters were there before Link showed up which means that those monsters dont come from Links past which means that the 14 exclusive enemies doesnt matter which means the only argument you have is a boat and as i have argued before, there is only one way to cross the ocean when you cant fly.

you have to keep in mind that its the wind fish's dream, not link's. the wind fish didnt end up in link's dream, link ended up in the wind fishes dream which means that most of the elements in the dream are from the wind fishs mind. apparently this shadow nightmare can somehow sense links past and shape shift as such but the owl says that since Link showed up the monsters have gone crazy implying that monsters were there before he showed up. how can stuff from links past be in this dream before link is even there?

All they needed to do was show Link leave on his horse for OoX/LA to be nonexistant. Hey look I can make things up too!

Hey can I have a quote that says that the nightmares were part of Link's life? And can I also have a quote that shows the other bosses aren't related to the nightmares? Thanks in advance. You know what is interesting? The owl says
That wisdom, power, and courage are actually the signs of a hero!
And Zelda says something very very similar to that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
All they needed to do was show Link leave on his horse for OoX/LA to be nonexistant. Hey look I can make things up too!

Hey can I have a quote that says that the nightmares were part of Link's life? And can I also have a quote that shows the other bosses aren't related to the nightmares? Thanks in advance. You know what is interesting? The owl says And Zelda says something very very similar to that.

i didnt make anything up... just about everyone believes that Labrynna and Holodrum are on different continents. im pretty sure you even mentioned this in a thread about geography that they were seperate continents. this means there is a body of water between them and Hyrule. exactly how does showing him ride away on Epona explain how he gets back to Hyrule? i dont think Epona can swim across an ocean. oh wait...dont boats float on water and carry people from one place to the other over the ocean?

im also unaware of what that owl quote proves....

in the beginning when you get the sword the owl says something along the lines of "your presence explains the sudden increase in activity of the monsters" or something along those lines. im seriously not understanding what the quote you stated is supposed to prove. im really getting annoyed with this conversation and its obvious its not going anywhere so lets just agree to disagree and drop it.

im also unaware of what that owl quote proves....
Where did I say I was trying to prove something with that quote? All I said was it was something interesting. The quote you're referring to says
Hoot! Hoot!
So you are the
lad who owns the
sword... Now I
understand why
the monsters are
starting to act
so violently...
A courageous lad
has come to wake
the Wind Fish...
It is said that
you cannot leave
the island
unless you wake
the Wind Fish...
You should now
go north, to the
Mysterious
Forest. I will
wait for you
there! Hoot!
So they are becoming bad because Link is coming to wake up Wind Fish. Sounds just like the nightmares so they very well could be the same.

You accuse me of having no proof then when I do the same you ask to drop the subject? Give me your proof that Link affected the nightmare.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The only evidence for LttP-LA is a monster, though. You're being hypocritical by saying enemies don't matter then using an enemy as your only piece of evidence.

Not only one enemy... There is the moldorm, of course, and Dehtl, the physical form of the Nightmare turns into a moldorm(again), Ganon(in a very ALttP-fashion way) and Aghanim...

Even though enemies can't be used to come with a Timeline, I believe that Dehtl pretty much sums things up.
Also, if you remember, it was never mentioned by anyone of Nintendo that OoX were intended to be between ALttP-La(and they stated that LA was a sequel to ALttP)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i think you need to chill out SoJ. weve been going back and forth for days and its not getting anywhere. thats why i said i want to drop it because if we continue i will start bashing because thats what i do with back and forth arguments and i dont want to bash you because i respect you (and i dont want to get banned)

and what he said ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom