• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoX and LA

Oh, so we're not allowed to use information from other games to figure out the placement of a different game? So everything that doesn't take place in OoX and LA can't be used as evidence from trying to place OoX or LA?
if Hyrule is forgotten and then remembered then why cant Holodrum and Labrynna be forgotten then later remembered?
How does something lost suddenly get remembered? It doesn't happen. Now if Tetra and Link found a new land they'd be the ones to remember it. So who were the people who remember Labrynna and Holodrum?
PM me with your answer to my question if you wish to discuss this further or post something in a thread thats actually about the placement of MC.
Actually this isn't to do with the TMC placement. Since I know how attached you are to TMC first I'm using information from TMC to figure out the placement of OoX.

Oh and you never replied to any of my points disproving your entire opening post about OoX/LA.

So what proof is there for LttP/LA?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Oh, so we're not allowed to use information from other games to figure out the placement of a different game? So everything that doesn't take place in OoX and LA can't be used as evidence from trying to place OoX or LA? How does something lost suddenly get remembered?

how does the new Hyrule have all of the same exact traditions, style, customs as the old one if Link and Tetra were only told the name of the place and how it was flooded? youre going to use that one book as a reason.

how do you know there isnt a book like that for labrynna and holodrum that has their history. any reason you use for how Hyrule is remembered (except for the WW adventure) are all the same reasons you could use for how the other places are remembered....books and passed down legends.

It doesn't happen. Now if Tetra and Link found a new land they'd be the ones to remember it. So who were the people who remember Labrynna and Holodrum? Actually this isn't to do with the TMC placement. Since I know how attached you are to TMC first I'm using information from TMC to figure out the placement of OoX.

Oh and you never replied to any of my points disproving your entire opening post about OoX/LA.

So what proof is there for LttP/LA?

you once again seem to not understand that you are going off topic.

the topic of this post is whether LA comes before or after OoX. i dont care if its on the AT or CT. that was just merely me adding to my own thread. the specific topic is what comes first, LA or OoX so you bringing up MC does absolutely nothing for the topic. now, for the last time, stop going off topic. from here on out only have post specific to the topic or i will have a mod ban/warn you. the post i made up there you can reply to in a PM as i have asked you to do 3 times now so just do that so we dont have problems.

how does the new Hyrule have all of the same exact traditions, style, customs as the old one if Link and Tetra were only told the name of the place and how it was flooded? youre going to use that one book as a reason.
I don't run into this inconsistency because I place games on the CT. But apparently talking about that would be off topic...

you once again seem to not understand that you are going off topic.
We clearly have different views on what is on and off topic. In my opinion, we can't debate for, or against, OoX/LA without deciding for sure which timeline OoX goes in. Apparently this is very off topic to you. Since this is your thread I guess I'll have to go with your rules but I highly disagree with it.

So on the exact pinpoint topic of OoX/LA. Will you PLEASE reply to my post disproving your opening post. And also tell me what evidence there is for LttP/LA.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
not sure how peace could even crumble in Hyrule when that wasnt the land being attacked by any evil.

OoX/LA evidence is a boat and that they have similar enemies.

ALTTP/LA has Link defeating Ganon in Hyrule having him restore peace to the land. in the final fight, Aghanim is one of the shadows we see. LA was created before OoX was created which means that Aghanim and the fact that he had just defeated Ganon in Hyrule is an obvious implication that the game is a sequel to ALTTP.

as said earlier, no Link has had more than 2 games.

OoT/MM
WW/PH
LoZ/AoL
FS/FSA

now, like i said before, if OoX is a prequel then it would be ALTTP/OoX/LA

keep in mind OoX is 2 games so its 2 different adventures. thats 4 adventures for one Link even if you think LA is a couple years after OoX.

im pretty sure you also didnt adress how Link doesnt have the triforce symbol on his left hand like he does in OoX.

if they are the same Link then why isnt it there? why did they give it to him in OoX but not in LA. i believe that OoX is after LA and its a new Link. it makes no sense that after OoX Link would lose the ToC. if he was worthy enough to have it in OoX then why wouldnt he have it years later. im pretty sure that once hes the bearer hes the bearer til hes dead or til its taken from him.

not sure how peace could even crumble in Hyrule when that wasnt the land being attacked by any evil.
Well the text says so. I can't imagine when the world is being taken over that Hyrule is doing well.
OoX/LA evidence is a boat and that they have similar enemies.
Try 14 exclusive enemies.
ALTTP/LA has Link defeating Ganon in Hyrule having him restore peace to the land
OoX Link does that.
in the final fight, Aghanim is one of the shadows we see.
And? I thought enemies didn't matter to you.
Look at the miniboss of the fourth dungeon in OoS, Dancing Dragon Dungeon. That miniboss could very well be Agahnim.

There are 14 exclusive enemies for OoX/LA. Enemies that appear in NO OTHER GAMES. LttP has 3-5 depending on what you count.
which means that Aghanim and the fact that he had just defeated Ganon in Hyrule is an obvious implication that the game is a sequel to ALTTP.
Well, see, both of those can apply to OoX plus more exclusive enemies and the boat which is, in my mind, one of the biggest pieces of intent in the entire series.
now, like i said before, if OoX is a prequel then it would be ALTTP/OoX/LA
What? What says that it has to go LttP/OoX/LA for OoX to be a prequel to LA? For the third time now. I don't believe in LttP/OoX/LA. I believe in OoX/LA with LttP a completely different Link.
keep in mind OoX is 2 games so its 2 different adventures. thats 4 adventures for one Link even if you think LA is a couple years after OoX.
1 + 2 = 4... wat?
if they are the same Link then why isnt it there?
Have you seen the end of OoX? The Triforce is seen flying away. If the Triforce is gone why would he have the mark?
it makes no sense that after OoX Link would lose the ToC.
Whoa there is no-where in OoX that says that OoX Link had the ToC.
if he was worthy enough to have it in OoX then why wouldnt he have it years later.
But he doesn't have the ToC in OoX.
im pretty sure that once hes the bearer hes the bearer til hes dead or til its taken from him.
Play MM. There's no mark there. OH MY GODZ MM CAN'T BE A SEQUEL TO OOT!!!!!11!!1!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
1. OoX never says that the world is under attack. as far as we know, only Holodrum and Labrynna are under attack.

2. that could also be evidence that OoX goes AFTER LA like i think it does.

3. so does ALTTP Link.

4. enemies are different than bosses. why have a boss appear as a shadow in a game when they plan on making a different prequel years later?

5. once again, the EXCLUSIVE enemies could be used as evidence for why it goes after LA as well as why it could go before. so what if the boats look the same? are they supposed to create a completely different boat design for the whole 2 seconds the boat appears in both games?

6. LA was meant to be a sequel to ALTTP regardless of whether it goes before or after OoX. with that in mind, its obvious its supposed to be the same Link which means that in all 4 games it would be the same Link and this is all in my own opinion as i have stated.

7. ALTTP + OoS + OoA + LA = 4

8. ok?

9. in the beginning of at least one of the games (not sure if its in both but im pretty sure it is) when you first talk to whoever gets kidnapped one of the first things she says is "oh you have a (triforce symbol) on your left hand".....theres your proof that he does have the ToC in OoX.

10. yes, he does.

11. i dont recall kid Link having the symbol on the back of his hand in OoT (doesnt mean its not there i just dont remember it...picture please?) which means that if its not there when hes a kid then it makes sense that its not there in MM.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well i dont see any symbol on his left hand. if its there than the coloring was too bright to see it, but i definitely did not see any triforce symbol.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
well i dont see any symbol on his left hand. if its there than the coloring was too bright to see it, but i definitely did not see any triforce symbol.

I did, it's on his left hand, darken your computer screen a bit more and you'll see that it is there.

He only lost the symbol when he went to Termina, however he had it when he became a child.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
still couldnt see it. go to 8:32 and its pretty clear to me it isnt there. i dont know how youre seeing it. they even do a close up on his hand when hes looking at them and it doesnt show anything.

1. OoX never says that the world is under attack. as far as we know, only Holodrum and Labrynna are under attack.

2. that could also be evidence that OoX goes AFTER LA like i think it does.

3. so does ALTTP Link.

4. enemies are different than bosses. why have a boss appear as a shadow in a game when they plan on making a different prequel years later?

5. once again, the EXCLUSIVE enemies could be used as evidence for why it goes after LA as well as why it could go before. so what if the boats look the same? are they supposed to create a completely different boat design for the whole 2 seconds the boat appears in both games?

6. LA was meant to be a sequel to ALTTP regardless of whether it goes before or after OoX. with that in mind, its obvious its supposed to be the same Link which means that in all 4 games it would be the same Link and this is all in my own opinion as i have stated.

7. ALTTP + OoS + OoA + LA = 4

8. ok?

9. in the beginning of at least one of the games (not sure if its in both but im pretty sure it is) when you first talk to whoever gets kidnapped one of the first things she says is "oh you have a (triforce symbol) on your left hand".....theres your proof that he does have the ToC in OoX.

10. yes, he does.

11. i dont recall kid Link having the symbol on the back of his hand in OoT (doesnt mean its not there i just dont remember it...picture please?) which means that if its not there when hes a kid then it makes sense that its not there in MM.
1. No, but Zelda says that peace in Hyrule has crumbled...

2. How is that evidence for after? LA is a DREAM. There are things from the DREAM that are from Link's life. So how in hell is that evidence for OoX to be after LA if LA Link has yet to see the things that happen in OoX?

3. Why did you include that as if it were only evidence for LttP/LA? It's bias and annoying.

4. You want me to count how many bosses are shared between OoX and LA?
Angler Fish, Armos Knight (the OoX version isn't actually a boss. But the LA version is), Blaino, Facade, Giant Ghini, Ghoma, Smasher, Vire (boss Vire. Not Vire from LoZ). Hmmm I count 7/8 bosses. Let's count LttP/LA boss, shall we?
Agahnim, Armos Knight, Giant Lanmola.
I count 3. Hmmm I think OoX/LA has more.

5. Explain how LA Link dreams about things that he has yet to see?
The boat is evidence because OoX ends with Link leaving in a boat. How does LA begin? IN A BOAT. It's intent and physical evidence.

6. Originally, yes. But nothing at all means that it still has to be. If-so I would love some proof.

7. OoS + OoA + LA = 3.

9. AoL Link has a Triforce symbol on his hand without the Triforce. Just because you have a birth mark (yes the Japanese version actually calls it a birth mark) doesn't mean you have the Triforce. Oh and the text dumps say (Triforce mark) the actual game shows a picture of a triangle.

10. No he doesn't.

11. At the very very end of OoT after he is sent back in time when Link goes to see Zelda you can clearly see the mark on his left hand.

Go to the very, very end where he sees Zelda. It's there. I could get a picture of it if you want.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
dont really care about the rest of the stuff you said as we would just go back and forth forever if i responded to them.

as for the monsters. you dont think its likely they reused monsters? im pretty sure OoX was the next handheld game to be made after LA which would mean that art and characters were likely reused (that includes monsters). seeing as how LA was meant to be a sequel, why were the monsters in the dream if they werent in ALTTP? dont even answer this question using OoX. answer that question as if OoX hasnt been made yet.

my answer would be that they were just adding new things to the game.

also, there is nothing in the game to say that everything in the dream is based off of Links past. at the end when you fight the shadow, yes that is based off of links past but when you talk to the owl he says that Links sudden appearance explains why the monsters have become hostile. this implies that before Link even entered the dream there were monsters there which means those monsters are based off of the wind fishs past. and please dont question me on that quote. i literally was playing the game all day today.

Or I'm just winning :P

Maybe because LttP/LA wasn't set in stone? The Miyamoto interview in 1998 he said that LA could go anywhere.

Proof that all of the monsters inside the dream were originally good? Why would the Wind Fish be dreaming of Blaino, Facade or any of the others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom