• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's literally a zero point infraction, in fact publicly the staff said we'd implement such a policy and try to handle the innapropiatness better. That's what we're doing. Kitsu brought this up in staff chat and no one disagreed. Not to mention similar behaviour has been discussed for several days before he acted on this so it really wasn't that sudden. It's so minor too, DM has no active points against him, I'm not sure why this is worth the crap storm it's getting.

Seth, a zero point infraction does matter because this warning sets the stage for point infractions in the future. If a moderator glances at someone's infraction history and sees a user has received a warning for something in the past, they are more likely to give out more serious punishment.

I've been in the staff chat before, and I know how the inner dealings of the chat work. Actions like this are debated for a long time. When I gave two people an infraction for a Shoutbox argument that ended in insults back in the fall, there was a lot of debate about whether or not the course of action was the right one. Someone initially reversed it, but then the staff agreed than an infraction was indeed worth it.

The staff simply could not have responded to Kitsu in this short amount of time. A lot of the moderators are actually a bit shy to talk about anything that might provoke arguments. They need some time to develop their opinions on the matter and feel comfortable expressing them in chat.

This wouldn't be a big deal if this wasn't a consistent pattern of behavior from Kitsu. It's even worse that he constantly targets the same group of people.

I joined this forum to have fun discussing one of my favorite game franchises with people who also enjoy Zelda. It's unfortunate that Kitsu's behavior even causes distress to members in the first place. It doesn't matter how good he is at his job if he doesn't treat other people with respect.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I should note also how immeditately after this occured, Kitsu went and started his usual trolling on the shoutbox.
[03:27:22:UTC] Kitsu : THATS SOME SERIOUS ****ING OPPRESSION MALIA
----------------------------------
[02:30:33:UTC] Kitsu : The ZeldaWiki Saga™
[02:30:30:UTC] Diego : YES IT IS
[02:30:27:UTC] Bishop Rodan : would jason ever lie to us
[02:30:21:UTC] Bishop Rodan : nono Satan, Temple is perfect
[02:30:18:UTC] Kitsu : oh is it story time
[02:30:15:UTC] P-Zelda : replied to thread What Amused You Today?
[02:30:12:UTC] Matt : Nathan's a dick but I always appreciated that he did that for me.
[02:30:05:UTC] Satan : there are so many design flaws
[02:29:58:UTC] Matt : Nathan actually called him out right there saying that no he didn't, Matt quit, he showed me the logs and everything about how he asked you to remove him months ago.
[02:29:53:UTC] Satan : the concept of the temple theme isnt bad or anything, but its execution is terrible
[02:29:40:UTC] Crus@der77x : It took forever to load sometimes.
[02:29:40:UTC] Avalanchemike : 10:29 PM - Malia: you have to say it 4 times for it to be real tho > xDDDD
[02:29:33:UTC] Matt : Then, after I offended him by making the ZD Wiki with Mases, he claimed I was the first person he'd ever fired.
[02:29:22:UTC] Diego : I was always a fan of the temple theme, even though most people dislaked it :P
[02:29:19:UTC] Satan : why couldnt you just walk out without saying anything at all?
[02:29:15:UTC] Malia : you have to say it 4 times for it to be real tho
[02:29:01:UTC] Matt : I told Jason three times I wanted to quit ZU. And he never listened.
There he's openly mocking someone, me in this case. That'd go against your new "more strict rules" that are allegedly in place. And he also uses a power swear. I don't care much actually, I mean we have the filter that anyone can enable if they want. But it hardly looks good for an admin to do that so soon after saying they were going to be more strict about inappropriate content.

I also ask everyone else to please stop spamming this thread if you don't have anything to add to this discussion. Please.

If he cannot manage social problems I actually wonder if he is good at his job for ZD's purposes? I think making sure members don't feel marginalized and actually addressing issues others have is more important than the technical aspect.

Yeah, you're right. Notice that people don't complain about Locke, Djinn, or Repentance, because they don't blatantly break the rules.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's a zero point infraction, something we have actually posted about saying it's become protocol to give warnings for SB bans if the post in question would typically give a warning. If you didn't see it, DM told Azure that he'd get it if he "touched himself more". How exactly was this appropriate? Every time people have crossed lines like that I have asked them to stop, and members are no strangers to being SB banned or infracted for comments like those (Blue Canary is a prime example).

Why is it that Kitsu can't moderate at all without instantly becoming corrupt? Insane.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It's a zero point infraction, something we have actually posted about saying it's become protocol to give warnings for SB bans if the post in question would typically give a warning. If you didn't see it, DM told Azure that he'd get it if he "touched himself more". How exactly was this appropriate? Every time people have crossed lines like that I have asked them to stop, and members are no strangers to being SB banned or infracted for comments like those (Blue Canary is a prime example).
Except there was no such notice about the rules being more strict, not the sb warnings, no one even brought that up. And it's not listed in the rules, as it should be. And that "touch yourself" was a reference to Family Guy. I've made that reference before too. You're looking for an excuse. And we already explained why zero-point infractions still hurt someone.

Why is it that Kitsu can't moderate at all without instantly becoming corrupt? Insane.
Because he's shown he's incapable of keeping his personal grudges out of it and he constantly misconstrues things, takes them out of context, or outright lies about what happened, all while being incredibly abusive himself at the exact same time, making him look like a total hypocrite, and the rest of you too for not doing anything about it and trying so hard to punish people who didn't do anything wrong while you ignore the worst people.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor

If this forum was managed more professionally I think you’d have a point, but the issue is Kitsu does far worse and faces zero tangible consequences.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/trouble-loading-forums-when-logged-on.53442/
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/trouble-loading-forums-when-logged-on.53442/

Oops apologies, that might hurt ZD "culture".

Jamie

If you go to the rules and read Jimmy's post, you'll see we talked about adding warnings for SB. The only issue I can possibly imagine arising is that Kitsu didn't set it as a "SB" warning which I must admit I'm not sure if that was implemented or not.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If you go to the rules and read Jimmy's post, you'll see we talked about adding warnings for SB. The only issue I can possibly imagine arising is that Kitsu didn't set it as a "SB" warning which I must admit I'm not sure if that was implemented or not.
I literally just said this wasn't about adding warnings to stuff from the SB. I explained, though maybe unclearly, that there was nothing mentioned publicly about some rules being more strictly enforced, which Kitsu and Seth both used to justify this thing. That's what I was referring to, not the fact that warnings exist.

Jamie

We've been more strictly enforcing it. Again, remember all the trouble Blue Canary got in? That was what, 2-3 months ago? There was never an official policy change but I don't recall someone telling them they'd get a joke if they touched themselves more as being reasonable. DM has been informally warned for various SB comments in the past, in fact I remember warning him not too long ago. It wasn't an inappropriate sexual comment but obviously if you have verbal warnings for other comments we are going to look at individual comments more strictly (otherwise you could just break every rule once).

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
We've been more strictly enforcing it. Again, remember all the trouble Blue Canary got in? That was what, 2-3 months ago? There was never an official policy change but I don't recall someone telling them they'd get a joke if they touched themselves more as being reasonable. DM has been informally warned for various SB comments in the past, in fact I remember warning him not too long ago. It wasn't an inappropriate comment but obviously of you have verbal warnings for other comments we are going to look at individual comments more strictly (otherwise you could just break every rule once).
But only people who annoy the staff of course. There have been plenty of it from staff and nothing is done about that. And I already explained that a more strict policy is a bad idea. The staff is already under fire for playing favorites and holding grudges. When you suddenly decide to be more strict, while continuing to ignore the actions of certain people, it just makes things look worse and worse and will make people question more things that you do.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
If this forum was managed more professionally I think you’d have a point, but the issue is Kitsu does far worse and faces zero tangible consequences.

DM has been informally warned for various SB comments in the past, in fact I remember warning him not too long ago.

Lol, I'm not even sure you're trying anymore.

Jamie

But only people who annoy the staff of course. There have been plenty of it from staff and nothing is done about that. And I already explained that a more strict policy is a bad idea. The staff is already under fire for playing favorites and holding grudges. When you suddenly decide to be more strict, while continuing to ignore the actions of certain people, it just makes things look worse and worse and will make people question more things that you do.
Who are we ignoring? No staff members make jokes and then say you'd understand if you touched yourself. We do talk inappropriately at times but there is a line we simply don't cross. So again, who are we ignoring?

Also DM, you aren't helping your case with your sarcastic comments with absolutely no substance.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Who are we ignoring? No staff members make jokes and then say you'd understand if you touched yourself. We do talk inappropriately at times but there is a line we simply don't cross. So again, who are we ignoring?
I literally just posted an example a page ago. And ALIT posted some examples too. Don't try to pretend this isn't happening. You know exactly who I'm referring to so let's not tapdance around it. Kitsu. Kitsu can be as abusive as he wants and no one does a thing.

Also DM, you aren't helping your case with your sarcastic comments with absolutely no substance.
You are not helping by ignoring what was already posted and pretending something isn't happening that you know is going on that we've talked about in private before. It's happening. deal with it. you're not helping by trying to deny it's going on here. You're also not helping by holding against DM previous warnings and infractions that were never justified and were incredibly unfair. that's why I said zero-point infractions are not okay when they're unjustified. They will be used against them in the future. So I guess thanks for proving my point.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor

The substance is what you've failed to address. Our issue is the double-standard. It makes us sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom