• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, we have been discussing this kind of thing in modchat a long time now. Something you couldn't possibly know about. We have both 1) agreed that we were a bit too lax after the switch to xenforo have been slightly stricter and 2) discussing some of the issues with DM spamming/saying things like this in the shoutbox. This incident was also brought up in modchat before I took any action. Again, something you couldn't possibly know. Moreover, I did not infract DM. I gave him a zero point warning explaining that his behavior there is inappropriate, which is part of the standard policy we've implemented, and how it's been handled several times now with other members doing this.

So please, stop with all these claims of HORRIBLE CORRUPTION and crusading against the staff for something you clearly don't fully know the details of. Lastly, why couldn't DM himself post this? He's not banned (only shoutbox banned temporarily). Stop using this loaded language, "he has a grudge!!!!", stop telling the staff how to do their jobs. It's gotten incredibly old. Please just stop.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Matt, we have been discussing this kind of thing in modchat a long time now. Something you couldn't possibly know about. We have both 1) agreed that we were a bit too lax after the switch to xenforo have been slightly stricter and 2) discussing some of the issues with DM spamming/saying things like this in the shoutbox. This incident was also brought up in modchat before I took any action. Again, something you couldn't possibly know. Moreover, I did not infract DM. I gave him a zero point warning explaining that his behavior there is inappropriate, which is part of the standard policy we've implemented, and how it's been handled several times now with other members doing this.

So please, stop with all these claims of HORRIBLE CORRUPTION and crusading against the staff for something you clearly don't fully know the details of. Lastly, why couldn't DM himself post this? He's not banned (only shoutbox banned temporarily). Stop using this loaded language, "he has a grudge!!!!", stop telling the staff how to do their jobs. It's gotten incredibly old. Please just stop.
Kitsu, you did this within minutes of it happening. That's not nearly enough time to discuss this incident in the mod chat. Especially with no one else online on ZD at the time. Meaning no discussion happened because if it did, they'd have checked it out and shown up as online at the forum. And given that your quoted conversation you used in the infraction was modified and clipped together that made it worse, clearly if anyone did see it in there, they would have seen your modified version. When they could have just checked the logs themselves, which they didn't in the tiny amount of time before you issued the infraction. Do not take us for children. Since you're the staff member who did this, I do not think you should be the one defending it. Your objectivity is in question and you should leave it for someone else.

Kitsu, you did this within minutes of it happening. That's not nearly enough time to discuss this incident in the mod chat. Especially with no one else online on ZD at the time. Meaning no discussion happened because if it did, they'd have checked it out and shown up as online at the forum. And given that your quoted conversation you used in the infraction was modified and clipped together that made it worse, clearly if anyone did see it in there, they would have seen your modified version. When they could have just checked the logs themselves, which they didn't in the tiny amount of time before you issued the infraction. Do not take us for children. Since you're the staff member who did this, I do not think you should be the one defending it. Your objectivity is in question and you should leave it for someone else.

I gave him a zero point warning

I also find it interesting how you apparently know more about how the staff functions than the staff does. Once again, why can't DM contest this? Why do you have to do it for him? Is there an objectivity issue there or something?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I also find it interesting how you apparently know more about how the staff functions than the staff does. Once again, why can't DM contest this? Why do you have to do it for him? Is there an objectivity issue there or something?
Because I'm not afraid of you. And I am a wiki admin. What happens to this site is my business and other staff members abusing their authority to play out their childish grudges is my business. Your actions reflect badly on the site as a whole and I need the site to have a good reputation to get more people to edit the wiki. And it really needs that now.

And you don't have to know what's exactly going on in the staff chat to know that you couldn't possibly have a discussion on it in ten minutes. And you also don't need to see it to know that if you posted anything at all, you posted the same altered conversation you put in your infraction notice. And that if the other staff actually were informed of this issue, they'd have loaded up the forums to take a look for themselves. Which they clearly didn't because they were not listed as online users at the time. Making it absolutely clear you are lying. So please stop replying to this. We know you're lying. Please leave this to another staff member to address.

Kitsu, why can you post anything you want, no matter how blatantly it breaks the rules, while you are so harsh in the treatment of certain members, especially DM?

You yourself have been very insulting to people in the Shoutbox during your tenure as admin.

Here's a Shoutbox conversation I have from last month where you rage in caps and express your desire to "kill yourself" over Fig posting an emote code for a Twitch emoticon in the chat area:

04:19:11:UTC] Terminus : thats terrible
[04:19:07:UTC] Terminus : Why is that great
[04:18:50:UTC] Fig : What's great is that someone made an extension for Chrome entitled Kappa Everywhere and every time you type a twitch emote, it shows up.
[04:17:56:UTC] Fig : Twitch itself isn't since it's the medium.
[04:17:39:UTC] Himura Kenshin : Twitch chat is pretty dumb, yeah.
[04:17:31:UTC] Fig : Well the twitch chat.
[04:17:19:UTC] Kitsu : TWITCH IS SUCH CANCER
[04:17:15:UTC] Kitsu : IT DOESNT MAKE ANY ****ING SENSE
[04:16:54:UTC] Fig : So basically.
[04:16:47:UTC] Fig : Kappa is used for satire.
[04:16:38:UTC] Kitsu : i got cancer and aids from clicking on that
[04:16:29:UTC] Kitsu : oh god
[04:16:23:UTC] Kitsu : just adding it after a sentence makes literally zero sense
[04:16:14:UTC] Kitsu : what the **** does kappa even mean
[04:16:12:UTC] Fig : That's Kappa
[04:16:08:UTC] Fig : http://puu.sh/ilHrd/a0478fb726.jpg
[04:15:24:UTC] Himura Kenshin : Once they took the danger out of the video game, it just...meh.
[04:15:04:UTC] Deku Shroom : :salt:
[04:14:54:UTC] Fig : Someone's salty. PJSalt
[04:14:54:UTC] Himura Kenshin : I know the ending of SAO was kinda dumb.
[04:13:59:UTC] Himura Kenshin : I haven't gotten around to SAOII yet.
[04:13:42:UTC] Terminus : can we add a "worst memer" category to the dan awards
[04:13:13:UTC] Kitsu : just what
[04:13:10:UTC] Kitsu : what does that even
[04:13:07:UTC] Kitsu : kappa
[04:13:05:UTC] Kitsu : wtf are you talking about
[04:12:37:UTC] Himura Kenshin : I love your avatar.
[6/11/2015 11:45:39 PM] A Link In Time: [04:25:59:UTC] Kitsu : just kill me already
[04:25:56:UTC] Kitsu : oh my ****ing god
[04:25:55:UTC] Fig : But PPMD gives you motivation as he really is the best Marth in Melee.
[04:25:38:UTC] Fig : Ever since I leveled as a dank memer, I tend to ****post
[04:25:23:UTC] Fig : Sorry about that.
[04:24:55:UTC] Himura Kenshin : Or rather, a YES.
[04:24:47:UTC] Himura Kenshin : I'll take that as a yes.
[04:24:35:UTC] Kitsu : OR YOU SPAMMING THE ****TIEST IMAGES EVER
[04:24:28:UTC] Kitsu : NO ONE ****ING CARES ABOUT ******** EMOTES THAT LITERALLY ONLY YOU SEE
[04:23:52:UTC] Himura Kenshin : Kitsu, did Rep's salt rub off on you?
[04:23:40:UTC] Fig : Kreygasm is my favorite emote.
[04:23:20:UTC] Kitsu : :|
[04:23:15:UTC] Kitsu : :|
[04:22:19:UTC] Fig : PPMD Kreygasm

Why are you allowed to insult someone about a matter so trivial, while DM receives a warning for his actions? I've always believed warnings and infractions should be given as a matter of last resort. If I remember correctly, I only gave out three warnings and/or infractions during the months where I had moderation powers. Even though a warning carries 0 infraction points, it's still a change made to someone's profile that states they broke the rules, and is the foundation for an infraction in the future. If you're going to enforce the rules, then they have to apply the same way to everyone. That includes yourself.

Your statement that people don't understand the inner workings of the staff chat applies to most people. But it doesn't apply to me. I was in the staff chat for long enough to know that you frequently act on impulse and try to exercise your personal vendettas. Even now, when I am no longer in said chat, I still see this occurring. When Terminus was going through depression after his break up, your user title was making fun of his depression. Unfortunately, I lack a screenshot to back this up at present; however, I know Term will vouch for me on this because he mentioned it to me in a conversation before.

Also, even though you try to discredit Matt, the truth of the matter is the Zelda Dungeon Wiki Chat is the most drama free official chat associated with the forums. Matt doesn't insult members. Instead, he offers technical advice if anyone is unfamiliar with how to do something on the wiki.

It's clear to me that you're going after DM, as evidenced by the infraction incident that took place in this very thread late last year as well as the fact that you discouraged him without permission to do so. The latter incident illustrates that you're willing to get people you dislike out of the way by taking advantage of features you aren't allowed to use.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Damn. Lots of activity.

Why didn't you apologize to Terminus then? It was the same situation when DM was discouraged. Only when several staff members became upset about your actions did you actually apologize.
He never actually wanted to talk it out in private when I offered.

You friends just need to realize Kitsu can demean, insult, harass, abuse, and parody anyone without tangible consequences. He holds us to a different standard. Kitsu is either unable to control himself or just a troll.

It's literally a zero point infraction, in fact publicly the staff said we'd implement such a policy and try to handle the innapropiatness better. That's what we're doing. Kitsu brought this up in staff chat and no one disagreed. Not to mention similar behaviour has been discussed for several days before he acted on this so it really wasn't that sudden. It's so minor too, DM has no active points against him, I'm not sure why this is worth the crap storm it's getting.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It's literally a zero point infraction, in fact publicly the staff said we'd implement such a policy and try to handle the innapropiatness better. That's what we're doing. Kitsu brought this up in staff chat and no one disagreed. Not to mention similar behaviour has been discussed for several days before he acted on this so it really wasn't that sudden. It's so minor too, DM has no active points against him, I'm not sure why this is worth the crap storm it's getting.
Because he did it so quickly that there couldn't have been a discussion. It takes more than ten minutes to discuss anything. Less than ten minutes, more like eight. Kitsu's not supposed to be handing out infractions at all. If he actually did post anything in the staff chat, it'd be the altered version of the conversation that Kitsu modifed. The staff knows full well about Kitsu's grudge against DM. In the actual conversation other people were playing around too but only DM was singled out. If any of you were actually on the chat to see it, you would have loaded up the the forums immediately to check yourself. Given that no one did, either no one was actually in the chat at the time at all, or whoever was didn't do their job and didn't check what happened. Either is damning. And you're ignoring that DM is shoutbox banned. You're ignoring how the staff is being hypocritical and choosing disliked targets to go after. And you're ignoring that in the past, false infractions, even zero point infractions have been used against people to justify harsher treatment. Having an unjustified infraction on someone's record damages their future interactions with the staff and it reflects badly on the staff on the whole because it makes them look like they're playing favorites. And that ruins the reputation of the whole site and that affects my work on the wiki.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
lol guys, none of this matters kitsu can do whatever he likes and his crew will defend him

this is his forum, mases doesn't care

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I should also mention how discussing a new policy, if that even happened which I doubt, doesn't make that policy official and doesn't entitle you to enforce it until after the entire forum is informed about the change. They were not. There is nothing in the rules about this change about being more strict, which is really a bad idea anyway. Given how many insults I regularly get on the shoutbox on a daily basis, often from the very person we're discussing, I do not think the staff is capable of being unbiased on it. A looser hand would be better as it'd dilute the obvious bias. You chose to punish someone for a new policy that didn't officially exist that was just made up recently without telling anyone so they couldn't have possibly known. That's the very definition of unfair and I'm really shocked you just tried to defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom