• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'd still like to address the fact that so far, aside from Vees post which I totally agree with and trust she had little to do with the deletions, all I've gotten is a smug response telling me what I apparently already "knew" despite the fact that I knew no such thing.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Jamie was the picture of Henry? cuz damn Henry is handsome.

Also @Dan that picture does disturb people quite a fair bit so i understand why they removed it, i don't feel like that warrants you turning it into a sig to flaunt everywhere.

Djinn

and Tonic
There is actually a gargantuan demographic that do exactly this, and have been for a very long time.

Rod Flanders: What are you doing, daddy?
Ned Flanders: Imploring some people I never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish an innocent man for doing something that nobody saw. That's what I'm doing!
Rod Flanders: Daddy, we think you need a new mommy.
Ned Flanders: First things first!
George Carlin: The FCC, the Federal Communications Commission, decided all by itself that radio and television were the only two parts of American life not protected by the free speech provisions of the first amendment to the Constitution. I'd like to repeat that, because it sounds... *vaguely* important!

[laughter]

George Carlin: The FCC, an appointed body, not elected, answerable only to the president, decided on its own that radio and television were the only two parts of American life not protected by the first amendment to the Constitution. Why did they decide that? Because they got a letter from a minister in Mississippi!

[laughter]

George Carlin: A Reverend Donald Wildman in Mississippi heard something on the radio that he didn't like. Well, Reverend, did anyone ever tell you there are two KNOBS on the radio?

[laughter]

George Carlin: Two. Knobs. On the radio. Of course, I'm sure the reverend isn't that comfortable with anything that has two knobs on it.

[laughter]

George Carlin: But hey, reverend, there are two knobs on the radio! One of them turns the radio OFF, and the other one

[slaps his head]

George Carlin: CHANGES THE STATION! Imagine that, reverend, you can actually change the station! It's called freedom of choice, and it's one of the principles this country was founded upon. Look it up in the library, reverend, if you have any of them left when you've finished burning all the books.
it's sort of tradition.

Jamie

I'd still like to address the fact that so far, aside from Vees post which I totally agree with and trust she had little to do with the deletions, all I've gotten is a smug response telling me what I apparently already "knew" despite the fact that I knew no such thing.
Somehow, way later, this point is still relevant.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'll start with the point about the sex with a minor joke.

I stand by the decision that a warning was appropriate. We don't want discussion relating to sex with minors, full stop. I would think that it is fairly common sense that that would not be appropriate on a video game forum on which children can be present. If we were to write every specific thing that could not be talked about in the rules then they would go forever. Interpretation is important to me to keep this place going along as well as it had been for the months leading up to recent times. There were no infraction points and now the user knows that jokes about sex with minors is inappropriate and knows not to do it again.

Communications between staff members and from staff to users seems to have had some issues in the past few weeks while I have been away. I'll be looking to ensure we can avoid this moving forward and are all on the same page. Keep in mind that staff are human too and will make mistakes, so constructive feedback is always welcome.

Before posting in this thread in the future I would like members to first ask the staff member the issue is concerning and then contacting me after that if they are not happy with their response. If you are not happy with my response post only then post here. We can organise a conversation between the staff and yourself in a private message thread without bringing the whole forum into something and creating unnecessary drama if that can be avoided. Keep in mind that we have lives outside this forum - so give us a reasonable amount of time to respond. The world won't end if you have to wait a day or two for a response. I understand I have been away for a month making this difficult but now I am back so please follow this.

As far as the deletions go Jamie. I have made a thread here. I will now be discussing with staff to ensure that all post deletions after now are explained to members so that members do not have to wonder why their posts got removed.

Jamie

Thanks Jimmy, but I'm still waiting for the staff in question to personally explain it to me and apologize for making assumptions and acting so smug.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Somehow, way later, this point is still relevant.

Pardon my transparency in this time, I've had real life commitments since the incident, I hope you understand that. I also needed to catch up on the forum for the day and review the transpired events.

The last few days have been reasonably frustrating for everybody. When Lozjam's "Are You Flirtatious?" post was pointed out to us as inappropriate several times, I did not hesitate to remove it and its relatives because I agreed with the reports and was confident the other staff would too, and they did. One of the removed posts was Vee's initial warning post as it had it fully quoted and was best avoided keeping public to any degree. I was suggesting a proper formal notice on his account along with a private message to better keep track of later, while also asking staff what punishment we thought was in order. However, in the meantime with our discussion happening, the thread was left neglected and bare of any warning, which was an unfortunate oversight due to a human error that lead to understandable confusion we tried to recover from with a general warning posted in the thread not directed at anybody in particular. Communication between myself, the other staff and users of the thread could have gone down much more smoothly is this situation. It happens sometimes, and I hope it makes sense in this regard. There was plenty of talk in other threads about the punishment itself, I think that is irreverent here.

Regrettably, a similar situation would occur only two days later. Dan's "cluster holes" profile post was pointed out to us, and it honest to god disturbed a lot of people sincerely, whether we know it be fake or not. This absolutely has to be grasped. It would have been irresponsible to leave it as it was. After it was removed, I messaged Dan immediately hoping he would understand. That did not seem to be the case, as evidenced by more posts of that nature from him, even up to now. This involved some completely unnecessary posts, in addition to report abuse. It also stands to reason that due to the complaints of the first post, anything similar was on the chopping block. I cleaned up all the new related posts on "cluster holes" (in the Things That Are On Your Mind thread), and while I was sorting through the new reports and starting to write a message in the thread to not post any more of those images and why, a new thread was made to the exact same degree of the posts I had just removed (with "cluster holes" in it), except this one was also asking why the previous posts had been deleted. Before I had the opportunity to reply clearly, the thread was deleted almost immediately by Mases because he did not like the images in there.

Soon after that, the thread we're in now was posted in, asking for clarity yet again, which was entirely fair. As frustrating as it is for both of us, I had not had the opportunity to do it yet, since whenever I meant to, another issue regarding it had popped up. This was another instance of improper communication. At the point here I finally got to reply, I had done it irritated, in a rude manner that did not explain the actions I performed to any genuine level. I made a terrible assumption on your behalf and sincerely apologise for that, it did not help at all. As made aware by Jimmy in the 'Concerning Images' thread, the issue regarding these pictures has been formally discussed, in a truly better way than I did initially, made to recuperate for my mistake.

It's unfortunate these two incidents occurred so close together and I can be at blame for both gaining needless traction. It makes complete sense to me if I've lost full assurance from users. I'll take the criticism seriously and wish to regain the fellowship we all deserve to have on these forums.

Jamie

@Krazy4Krash

I really appreciate your apology, and it seems very sincere to me. I was not trying to be contrarian or make a big stink out of nothing, I just felt I was mistreated, especially considering I really can't even recall the last time I got any sort of punishment, so I felt it was strange that I was told I knew what I was doing was wrong. I understand why you posted how you did, however, as you were reasonably frustrated. No hard feelings from me, I'm glad everything is cleared up!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
@Krazy4Krash

I really appreciate your apology, and it seems very sincere to me. I was not trying to be contrarian or make a big stink out of nothing, I just felt I was mistreated, especially considering I really can't even recall the last time I got any sort of punishment, so I felt it was strange that I was told I knew what I was doing was wrong. I understand why you posted how you did, however, as you were reasonably frustrated. No hard feelings from me, I'm glad everything is cleared up!
Classy move. I didn't expect anything else from you ;) Very classy move Jamie!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
This has been an extremely important thread. I think it's been valuable to this community and it's strongly contributed to a much better system. But now that we figured that out, we need streamline everything and having this rather informally started one represent this function is no longer is fitting. It really needed a fresh start to wash away all our old wounds. We have a fresh thread now for a clean slate. This one should be closed and unsticked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom