• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Vote Tally

thegreenrobby (2) - fused_shadows, Mellow Ezlo

Not Voting: Fig, Ver-go-a-go-go, Dracomajora, The Marshal, Pendio, justac00lguy, Atticus, Rachel, kokirion, AvatarFlygon, LittleGumball, pkfroce, thegreenrobby

Day Four will end tomorrow, March 12th, at 8:00 MST. With 15 alive, 8 is majority.

Draco still needs to post once in this day period.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
So I started reading from pg 24 (start of day 3)… He barely said anything. All he did was defend himself against Pendio. That’s literally it. Although he voted for MF to try and save him, idk if that has any significance.

Afterward, going through all of his 9 posts… Found a couple things significant.

“It looks like the RVS bandwagon is on Thar. I don't really want to randomly lynch a fellow Xenoblader, but I will if the time ever arises.”

“I wouldn't specifically say that I'm going after Pendio.”

Sorry for being so inactive, but that's because the scum-hunting has not been nearly as productive as I thought it would have been. Our only two "suspects" are AvatarFlygon and musicfan. Reading the posts, it feels like we are over-dramatizing the entire situation. Avatar's comment is seemingly harmless and mf's voting patterns, while strange, do not rub off as particularly scummy to me.

On Day 1, I stated that I favored an RVS lynch over a no-lynch for productivity purposes, but it's the next Day now. We are still working off almost nothing and it feels like a repeat of GL Mafia. The scum had us their strings the entire game without a single casualty on their part due to this adn I really don't want history to repeat itself so...last second save...I think.

Vote: musicfan
(was neutral about fly/MF, also I'm having trouble trying to figure out the meaning of the second paragraph…)

Yeah he was never really suspicious of anyone in particular, so no one to really look at. However, I have something that I'm working on that I'll hopefully finish before I leave tonight.

EBWODP

(note: This might seem a little scattered. This was not on purpose. I'm just not sure how to organize this.)

While going through this thread I started to find Pendio kinda sketchy. (not necessarily scummy, but sketchy.) He tried to say Vergo was innocent (a little later Atticus tries to prove that wrong) and accused Fire in the same post (#419). Also was “a little suspicious” of Deku, but eventually voted for him because “it seems like he’s getting lynched today” so idk if that’s significant.

Random things I found significant:

“I was Mafia for my three most recent games. Being scum a fourth time in a row? Possible, but quite unlikely.” (needlessly justifying his role, I do that as scum sometimes without realizing it. I understand that there’s an element of RVS tone in there, also in all the context, but still.)

He seemed to try to save Mezlo, although I don’t really think Mezlo is scum. Maybe trying to gain town cred? I dunno. I don’t really find this suspicious (partially due to his defense) but I find it noteworthy.

Defends Avatar, again not necessarily suspicious but noteworthy.

He also seems to remain neutral a lot. (Examples to people who are scum/routinely scum that do this: Deku, also me, I often find myself just agreeing with people a lot as scum)

Also I looked at Robby and… wow. Just the general tone of his posts are scummy to me, let alone what they contain.

Dumb people! You just voted off your doctor!
Anyways, I've never played Uprising (though I really want to) so I have no clue of all the names we're mentioning.
How about we just wait and lynch a couple people before we start getting ideas about who's good or bad?

I'm a particular fan of modkills.
I'm also a particular fan of RVS. I'm still not sure what it stands for, but it gives us information.
Better off than just sitting around, waiting for the Hidden to pick some of us off.
UNVOTE, and then revote for the third time PENDIO

Oh yeah, right.

You see, it's these lapses in logic that make me do things like completely disregard town plans and inadvertently make myself looks very suspicious.
It's going to be the death of me one day.

These are only a couple examples, but… my point, I feel, has been made. Anyway, I'm not opposed to lynching Robby today.
Vote: Robby

Last edited:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I completely agree with those of you suspicious of Robby. I've been suspicious of him. His posts sound really off. Idk if that's just how he posts in general or if he really did slip, but this is really all we have right now so...

Vote: TGR

Well, I didn't notice the "kill some people to see who is good and bad" part.

That's basically saying that we should lynch people with giving minimal logic behind it.
Theres a lot bigger chance that most people killed that way would be town and who would prosper from that? The scum/third party.

Long story short: Finding leads from dead people when half of the town is dead is way too costly.

And yes, constant voting and unvoting seems scummy or confused at best. Other than this, I can't say much more, since I almost never vote and I am not that fammiliar with voting patterns.

On the other hand, every scum should know to avoid that by now, so this is weird.

But still:
VOTE:TGR
For the first reason above.

Pen

The game is on!
While going through this thread I started to find Pendio kinda sketchy. (not necessarily scummy, but sketchy.) He tried to say Vergo was innocent (a little later Atticus tries to prove that wrong) and accused Fire in the same post (#419). Also was “a little suspicious” of Deku, but eventually voted for him because “it seems like he’s getting lynched today” so idk if that’s significant.

Random things I found significant:

“I was Mafia for my three most recent games. Being scum a fourth time in a row? Possible, but quite unlikely.” (needlessly justifying his role, I do that as scum sometimes without realizing it. I understand that there’s an element of RVS tone in there, also in all the context, but still.)

He seemed to try to save Mezlo, although I don’t really think Mezlo is scum. Maybe trying to gain town cred? I dunno. I don’t really find this suspicious (partially due to his defense) but I find it noteworthy.

Defends Avatar, again not necessarily suspicious but noteworthy.

He also seems to remain neutral a lot. (Examples to people who are scum/routinely scum that do this: Deku, also me, I often find myself just agreeing with people a lot as scum)

You say I remain neutral, yet you also give examples of me both defending and accusing other players. I would not say I was specifically neutral yesterday, but seeing as the two players who I was the most suspicious of died between yesterday and today, I may seem somewhat neutral at the moment. It is a bit hard to reply to these accusations of yours simply because they all seem very vague and you do not seem to believe in some of them yourself. I do like the fact that you are scum hunting though, and I can certainly understand a couple of your concerns.

There are currently 5 votes on Robby (unless I miscounted), which means three more for a majority.

thegreenrobby, would you please post and defend yourself?! Your view might be valuable.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd also like to hear from Robby. We have basically acted on a select few posts that aren't scummy per se; they just raise an eyebrow. Then again Robby's playstyle is hard for me to actually understand. He doesn't seem to take part and I don't know if that's down to his inactiveness or its a tactic of sorts. However, he had a similar post style in Pirates and he was Town. That's the only thing that makes me wary of this lynch.

I still believe he's the best candidate, but I want to hear his response. If no response then I won't be afraid to increase the pressure.

Fig

The Altruist
Alright, after analyzing the current situation with Robby. I really don't think that he is really acting scuming, but rather random, but because of this very reason is why people would think he would be scum. He might be scum, but he could also be scum. The only thing that really throws me off is how he words his posts. In terms of inactivity, I think everyone should give him some slack as I believe he was in a situation that couldn't allow him to be active for this game. Therefore, I'm not going to focus on the inactivity as a factor of his scum, because this could pretty much be said about other players, me myself include to the category. Back to what I was saying, I believe that it is basically his wording that is giving him the bad situation that he is currently faced in right in terms of today's lynch. Just look at what he had to say in the few posts that he posted a while back:

TGR said:
Dumb people! You just voted off your doctor!
Anyways, I've never played Uprising (though I really want to) so I have no clue of all the names we're mentioning.
How about we just wait and lynch a couple people before we start getting ideas about who's good or bad?

First of all, Music wasn't lynched. He was saved because of the tie in the lynch. In fact, he was killed on the following night. Now what really puzzles me when this was posted. If you click on this link here: TGR's original post, this was posted very early in the game. Because of this, and how he responded, it seems he was claiming that he was this game's doctor, a clearly false claim since Music is confirmed as the Doctor. I'm sure he was joking at the time, but I think this is still worth to be looked upon.

TGR said:
I'm a particular fan of modkills.
I'm also a particular fan of RVS. I'm still not sure what it stands for, but it gives us information.
Better off than just sitting around, waiting for the Hidden to pick some of us off.
UNVOTE, and then revote for the third time PENDIO

Uh what Robby? You're a fan of modkills, but then that means he must enjoy if someone does just a simply slip-up or stays inactive, in which this case is what he is doing. =\ Also, thus anyone else notice how TGR posted that last section in capital letters? It's as he really is trying to let everyone know that he is voting for Pendio again, for the third time according to him.

TGR said:
Oh yeah, right.

You see, it's these lapses in logic that make me do things like completely disregard town plans and inadvertently make myself looks very suspicious.
It's going to be the death of me one day.

The way he wording this is quite peculiar. It seems here he is stating the way how he plays mafia and it seems he heavily focuses on not participating in major portions of the game, something that could easily be view as either scum-like or town and that's how he plays but again, I think all this info should be severely looked and I hope that others will notice this and at least take part before the end of the day.

As JC has stated, the only reason why I don't want to partake on this lynch is simply because his inactivity may just be the way he plays and that doesn't mean he's scum for that. Just look at PotC 2 that just finished a while ago. He practically was only there for a few moments, especially at the beginning of each day and then he wouldn't post a long while, and the end result was that he was Town. Thus, I am holding onto my vote unto further inspection of this matter. TGR, I hope you respond and tell us exactly what is going through your mind and what you mean by those posts that you made earlier in the game.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
whOA OK SORRY FOR HARDLY POSTING AT ALL

SCHOOL AND ALL OK OK

i feel like people are voting TGR just to vote for him like "yeah he must be scum b/c/ errybody else says so"

so lets wait for him

if he doesn't show by, say, 9-10 EST then we go for a majority

otherwise, we need to wait for him, regardless if it's last minute

FoS: TGR and The Marshall

TGR for reasons I've stated yesterday (i was the only one going after him #rebel), and the marshall, lolwtf you come in packing with a vote when you've hardly said a word this entire game? yeah, ok, sure hahano

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm sorry for not posting too I'll try to be more active

Robby's original vote was already somewhat suspicious, rash, and seemed like it could've been an attempt to follow the crowd and start an easy bandwagon, and given the fact that the only other person who had votes at the time was the godfather, it's definitely possible that he could've been trying to shift attention and start another wagon on a townie. Still, I'll hold off on voting for him just now.

In the meantime, I'll read more.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Vote Tally

thegreenrobby (5) - fused_shadows, Mellow Ezlo, LittleGumball, pkfroce, The Marshal

Not Voting: Fig, Ver-go-a-go-go, Dracomajora, Pendio, justac00lguy, Atticus, Rachel, kokirion, AvatarFlygon, thegreenrobby

Day Four will end tonight, March 12th, at 8:00 MST. With 15 alive, 8 is majority.

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Ebwodp
,Man my phone really does hate this site, doesn't it?
I can't really defend myself.
I'm no special role.
I have no adequate excuse for why I was out, other then the fact that I was too irritated with my phone to even bother with posting.
There seems to be nobody else you currently have suspicion on, so I can't really redirect the votes.
You guys haven't really seen me play, so I can't confirm my playing style.
All you've got is my word, and that doesn't really mean much.
Kill me if you wish, but you're going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom