• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
A little, but not very much since I play Assassins creed and CoD and I'm kind of a closet Zelda fan anyway. Besides, my friends think it's funny and some of them I've gotten into playing Zelda ;P

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I am made fun of no matter what. People think I am nerdy because I love to read and watch anime. But they really crack down on me when I mention Zelda, because most of the people I know have never even heard of Zelda. My sisters make fun of me for even being on ZD. Eventually, you learn to just ignore it.

D

Deleted member 14134

Yes my friend who is always right -covers previous four words with juicy sarcasm sauce- who plays nothing but online fps's says zelda is horrible and pokes fun at me for playing it.

But I got my gf to fall in love with zelda so it's not like zelda has only brought me negative interactions in life.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I'm not sure I've ever really been made fun of for playing Zelda specifically. But then again, I've somehow failed to bring it up to a lot of my friends despite it being essentially my favorite game series. It's well known among a lot of my friends that I'm kind of a Nintendo fanboy (not much anymore, actually, since recently I've become more of a JRPG fanboy), and if they're ever mean about it, it's usually jokingly, to the point where it seems that's something they actually really like about me. Two of my friends more-or-less pioneered that whole attitude, but they upheld it more in person. Whenever I talked to them on Facebook, they'd get really mean about it and constantly insist that Nintendo was in some way inferior, usually about things like graphics (how demanding they are, not how good they look) and online play, both of which are more or less meaningless to me. Interestingly, though, although some people can get a little mean about the broader spectrum of games I like, whenever I happen to bring up Zelda it seems to be rather well-loved.

N

NathanSalsa

Never happened to me, in fact everyone at my school who plays video games enjoys Zelda. Most people at my school make fun of people who like sonic.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Never. I know people who probably do it behind my back but never to my face. If they did i'd say "If you think those x-box games razzle, and dazzle play Zelda and you will see why that Nintendo will rule over all family games and there is is no 'ands' or 'buts' about it. I know kids who are the age of 10 or 11 who play AO or M games. If this ever happend I would ignore those people after I gave them a pep talk they would never forget. So no, i've never been made fun of for playing but i'm sure I will.

i'm 12 and I hate xbox. i love zelda and mario ect.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ Same here, except that I am ten and I haven't played a M game. (Regardless of FFXIII, :P That was 16+)
And I hate shooters. Metroid and StarFox is an exception. However, I think Metroid is more of a Puzzle/Adventure game than a shooter, but that's my opinion.

And I haven't, yet. If people even seen me playing it or a trailer/gameplay, they would judge me.

But that wouldn't happen. They'll be playing CoD all day on the TV, and none of them come to my house... And they haven't even heard about E3.

And poor them have to wait for PSVita and the Sony distribution centre in the UK (where I live) got burnt down. So they won't be getting MW3 for Christmas :D

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
yes, people at my school only play CoD and call themselves "gamers" :( but my best friend is a hardcore fan. at my school if you dont play CoD you are classified as a "***". yes because we all know i'm a cigarette. :dry:

^^ Same here, except that I am ten and I haven't played a M game. (Regardless of FFXIII, :P That was 16+)
And I hate shooters. Metroid and StarFox is an exception. However, I think Metroid is more of a Puzzle/Adventure game than a shooter, but that's my opinion.

And I haven't, yet. If people even seen me playing it or a trailer/gameplay, they would judge me.

But that wouldn't happen. They'll be playing CoD all day on the TV, and none of them come to my house... And they haven't even heard about E3.

And poor them have to wait for PSVita and the Sony distribution centre in the UK (where I live) got burnt down. So they won't be getting MW3 for Christmas :D

i agree, I have star fox on my super Nintendo and because i'm a classic gamer so I don't have to wait for games to be released. :)

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
As much as I've felt like the lame-o who only owns Nintendo consoles in high school, I don't think I was ever made fun of when I brought Zelda into gaming conversation with my peers. Most people embraced it, knew what I was talking about, and reminisced about OoT. My school had no shortage of the 'hardcore' FPS-only people, but I don't think they ever condescended to Zelda or other Nintendo games..At least to my face.. Then I got to college and WOW, you would strange looks if you weren't somewhat into Zelda games/ Nintendo games. A shared interest in Zelda / video games was how I met my friends, I'm sure I posted the Old Man drawing I found in my school's library in the Picture Thread somewhere... And in my building's elevator, I was standing next to a guy with a 'Hey Listen' message tone! Even my cranky old art history teacher admitted that one of the only video games he likes is Zelda.

So sorry to everyone who's been made fun of :( As AwkwardZombie.com comic artist Katie Tiedrich illustrates, people might look down upon you in middle or high school for liking "old" or "little kid" stuff when everyone is concerned with what's "cool" or has "sweet graphics", but later on I find most people just really don't care and are more concerned with the FUN and nostalgia of it all, and are lot more friendly about it.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I cannot believe the losers who make fun of people like that. I only have a wii so my friends would make fun of me, but i do not talk about video games with them. so i am excited wii U will have more htird party stuff. My friends always make fun of the wii. and it DOES hurt.

I am made fun of no matter what. People think I am nerdy because I love to read and watch anime. But they really crack down on me when I mention Zelda, because most of the people I know have never even heard of Zelda. My sisters make fun of me for even being on ZD. Eventually, you learn to just ignore it.

Never worry what others think.
If you like reading,watching anime,and playing Zelda good for you.

Do not let others stop you doing what you love.

If you have a real passion for doing certain things you just keep doing them.

Ill bet if those who have never heard of Zelda actually played it they would think differently.

There are over 2000 people in my school so i have no need to worry about people not playing zelda. Plus, most of my friends and a lot of people i know do play zelda. I have never been made fun of for playing zelda but i have been for playing N64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom