• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
At school the other day I was talking to my friend about Zelda. Then this one guy came to crash our conversation by saying that Zelda is lame and stupid. "It's so easy!" he said. He said that call of duty could buy Zelda then sell it back for a billion bucks. This has been happening for a while now. People making fun of me because I like zelda. I had this one friend who had never played Zelda and just assumed that it was stupid. About a year later he came over to my house and I showed hi Oot. I made him a file and after that he had caved in. He loved Zelda. He's just recently beat Oot and he's gonna buy MM (wii shop). Tell me guys, do people make fun of you for playing Zelda? Have you Ever changed someones mind about the game. Please tell me!
When you were saying the guy said Zelda is so easy. He never played it before. Besides I had stupid friends said the they don't like Zelda, Oh come on! They never played it before. They just wanted to stick with Microsoft with the Xbox 360 scratching games.

H

HolderofWisdom

I've never really been made fun of either. All of my friends are gamers and we all respect that about each other and don't judge our preferences. I have one friend who plays Hello Kitty Online and nobody says anything XD

Sometimes though I admit I feel a little out of place when it comes to gaming with my friends. Though I have a few who love Zelda too, their fandom definitely doesn't reach my level, and though I do play my Xbox I don't own the whole CoD, Halo, Battlefield, and GoW like they do, mostly because I have a limited amount of money I like to spend on things/games I really want, and I need to renew my Live <__< So while they're geeking out with each other over those games I'm kind of sitting there .___.;;

Precisely why I joined this website however XD

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
There was a few times I hear guys saying Zelda sucks at my school but one kid who is a Call of Duty, GTA, and Minecraft fan said I was stupid for
linking Zelda.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I think my sister got made fun of far more than I ever did for liking Zelda games. In fact for me it was the opposite. People who I didn't even think we're into video games came to me and said they really enjoyed the games and like my LoZ stuff.

Those who make fun of it have never played it. Haters get some preconceived image of what the game is about and judge it without playing something they may actually like. Much of this has to do with the false notion that Nintendo games are only for kids. They feel the need to make fun of you because they have low self esteem and it makes them feel better to make fun of something they do not do.

And if they have played them and still don't like Zelda...they have bad taste. No skin off our backs, we will just be here enjoying this masterpiece of a franchise regardless what anyone thinks. :cool:

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
Those who make fun of it have never played it. Haters get some preconceived image of what the game is about and judge it without playing something they may actually like. Much of this has to do with the false notion that Nintendo games are only for kids. They feel the need to make fun of you because they have low self esteem and it makes them feel better to make fun of something they do not do.

And if they have played them and still don't like Zelda...they have bad taste. No skin off our backs, we will just be here enjoying this masterpiece of a franchise regardless what anyone thinks. :cool:
What if those bullies have a good life with high self esteem?

Lanky Kong

borf
people can do what they want, and caring or dwelling on it just makes you seem very insecure

Last edited:
\He said that call of duty could buy Zelda then sell it back for a billion bucks.
This person sounds pretty unintelligent. So does that mean that Zelda is worth a billion bucks? It's so valuable that someone would pay a billion bucks to own Zelda? Why is Call of Duty (another game franchise) buying Zelda? What kind of lame argument is that? Anyway I assume you're in elementary school, and at the latest high school. You'll soon realize what anyone thinks or says about you in school means nothing. After high school, pretty much no one will judge you on what you do as long as you're not interfering with them (other than maybe your parents or employer or something, but that's obvious).

One of my favourite quotes about school goes something along the lines of "In high school, people make fun of you for wearing the wrong shoes, having the wrong haircut, liking the wrong things. In college, you'll see a guy come to class wearing pajamas and a sleeping bag and think 'That's a smart man.'" So enjoy what you enjoy, don't worry about what other people think.

What if those bullies have a good life with high self esteem?

Then they are assholes and what goes around comes around. Point is, do not let the ignorance of others affect your own happiness. Life is too shory to dwell on what others think.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's usually the first thing I say when I meet a girl.

"Hi what's your name, I like to play Legend of Zelda!"

Seriously though, games/Zelda are just a small part of my life, especially these past couple of years. Unless it comes up in conversation, or they ask, I won't really go out of my way to mention I like the series (or liked). If someone made fun of me for liking the series then I wouldn't really give two ****s. Like every person I've came close to has some form of hidden 'obscure' geeky interest of sorts anyway. If someone laughs at you for liking Zelda or any form of media then they're probably some insecure **** who cares way too much about what people think.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Every kid in my neighborhood that hasn't played it makes fun of me for playing Zelda, they say it's a "Princess Game." They just don't understand. :/

karu

Panamaniac
To be honest in school, well in mine, the only video-games that people played were sports ones. Then if you go and say "I play Zelda!" they'll look at you and just say you're too old schooled or not even know what it is. Because apparently in my home school, Zelda is just old in general and not just the era it takes place in. But then I found Game Club and everybody loves Zelda. So let the haters be haters, Zelda is awesome and the best there is, screw your sports simulators, y even play those when you can do that outside and exercise? Oh yeah, because they too lazy!

Zelda is life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom