• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

Are You Made Fun of for Playing Zelda?

If this has been posted before, im sorry but i have to ask... have you ever been made fun of for loving/playing zelda? I know i have before... one time i was playing my
xbox and i was chatting with some friends i was going to take a break from black ops to play zelda well i said i had to go and they said why? i said i want to play zelda.
they laughed and said "you know that only 1 person in the world plays that, right. i just turned my xbox off and started playing, but suddenly, i started to hurt and then
started crying. if you have ever been made fun of for playing zelda post a reply

im 13 and i know i should not be crying over it... but it hurt.

gerudogirl

a crazed guns women
eh, my real life friends never played LoZ before, and i started to teach them, and two really got the hang of it, but one of them keeps telling us that we embarrass ourselves and that LoZ sucks! but then again, she doesn't really have an eye for good video games, so why should i listen to her? :P

you shouldn't get hurt because some bunch of jerks told you something like that! if they think LoZ sucks, it's their problem for being morons!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
People who say things like that probable have only heard of Wind Waker, criticize its cartoonish graphic and therefore do not know anying else about the Zelda series and mock the people who play it. Or maybe they're just noobs who mock the people that can play it.

The only time when I was made fun of for playing Zelda was when I was little and I was constantly going on and on about "Zelda this and Zelda that." Ironically, the same people who made fun of me for that now do the same thing except with Black Ops. :lol:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've never been made fun of for loving Zelda... I have however gotten some snide remarks for loving Fable, lol, from a Zelda-fan even :P

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Dont cry! Theyre just mad because the have such little intelligence that they can only point and shoot in a Call of Duty game and cannot comprehend the complex puzzles and lore of The Legend of Zelda. But you can do both. Always remember, Zelda fans are better than normal people:)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I consider X-box the opposite of Nintendo. Nintendo consists of family games that people with child-like imaginations and appreciation for the past can appreciate. X-box is for adult gamers who like realistic experiences with gaming and always like what's now. So its not surprising that people who mainly play X-box wouldn't be attracted to Zelda, or even know that its considered a big franchise. Considering they said such a misconceptive (not a word) statement, it seems to me that they aren't gamers, but people who play video-games. Any gamer can tell you that Zelda has probably the most appreciative fan-base for a game franchise.

I myself have never really been made fun of for playing Zelda, just for over liking it. I've never been really offended by those jokes though, actually I tend to join in with everyone in making fun of myself. First rule of comedy: if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at others. And since I laugh at everyone, I can't help but laugh at myself.

I do get angry when false statements are made though. Not only cause I like Zelda, but I hate hyperbole's that exists solely to make someone's point seem valid. I tend to argue those even when people only mean them as a joke. Or, if I feel the person is just ignorant, I just ignore them. Generally when someone doesn't know 2 cents about anything, I just let them speak without much arguement.
"A fool will call everyone a fool while at the same time proving himself a fool"

Never. I know people who probably do it behind my back but never to my face. If they did i'd say "If you think those x-box games razzle, and dazzle play Zelda and you will see why that Nintendo will rule over all family games and there is is no 'ands' or 'buts' about it. I know kids who are the age of 10 or 11 who play AO or M games. If this ever happend I would ignore those people after I gave them a pep talk they would never forget. So no, i've never been made fun of for playing but i'm sure I will.

Yeah its worse to be a junior in HS and having everybody know you like zelda cause the seniors rip on you and the teachers won't do anything about it as long there arent fights.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
i get made fun of a lot, My family and most of my guy friends, there like "girls ain't suppose to be hardcore gammers, plus zelda sucks and i can beat you at any zelda game even though ive never played it, that's how easy they are" so yeah i just ignore them cause nothing will change my mind about zelda

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
........*cough* my entire class hates me

Yeah, my class hate me for it too. Especially a certain group of people who ONLY ever play Black ops. A while ago they made fun of me for liking Zelda and that I only play on nintendo consoles so I snapped back at them saying that they weren't real gamers as they only play black ops and care only for graphics and claim that th PS1,2 and any console before the Xbox was 'crap' and that they'd never touch them because of the graphics and I tried to argue that it's not all about the graphics eventually gave up so now my class refers to me as a 'nerd' and a 'geek' but I don't care to be honest, I have my friends and they have theirs.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I've never personally been made fun of for liking/playing Zelda games.
When I was younger everyone was really into playing those games so we had a mutual interest. These days the people I know are old enough to know the basic idea that a like/dislike is a personal opinion.

Maybe it helps that I have other video game preferences in common with those people, there's another point to focus on during a conversation.

I only know one person in my grade who plays Zelda but no one likes him and he's moving to Iowa in August. People know I play it and when I bring it up they're just like "Yeah whatever blah blah about CoD or Halo or something. I've only got a wii and a dsi (*sigh* im getting a ps3... soon). I'm not made fun of for playing it... It's just that no one I know plays it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom