• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Easter Eggs

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
One of them, i think it's the bassist, is playing the theme that you hear in caves that are located all over Hyrule's overworld in ALttP. I guess that maybe some songs from LoZ made their way to ALttp

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
"In TP there is a carving in the wall of Arbiter's Grounds that depicts like fighting ganon in OoT."

Wow really? could you specify where? i wanna see tht lol

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i found a bunch on my own but i used some websites for help
here are some for twilight princess

http://www.desertcolossus.com/guide.php?page=zelda11/oddities&menu=xi

i have checked the link out.
most of them i already knew, but there are a couple that is completely new to me.
I'm amazed about some discoveries. and i'm also glad that i'm not the only one who is so interested about the minor details with easter eggs in zelda titles.

2 of them really caught my eye, so lemme give you my compliments for finding them (or the persons that reported it)

first one that i found really interesting was:
Two billboards in the Hidden Village each say "Welcome to Old Kakariko". Now, by "Old", do the Sheikah mean this is the Kakariko of OoT, or, more likely, their own "private" Kakariko, free from the rabble of the Hylians who were invited to settle in the "new" Kakariko.
oldkakariko.jpg

and the second one:
[Lank] After walking into the Arbiter's Grounds and arriving into the room where you first see the 4 big Poes, walk to the right and through the door. On the walls are sketches of Link with a shield and of Ganon. They're also seen in the room directly beneath this one in the nook that appears after rotating the pillar.

[Eralk Fang] This is a carving throughout the walls of the Arbiter's Grounds that resemble a beast and a man with a shield. Generic enough for a carving. As this picture is from the Wii version, I flipped it around to see the "canon" version of it. Turns out the symbol on the man's shield closely resembles the Kokiri symbol (seen on the Kokiri Shield) from Ocarina of Time! Not only that, there are three symbols above the beast's head. The final form of Ganon in Ocarina of Time had three ponytails. Could this be a carving of the Hero of Time facing off against Ganon?

arbsgroundcarving.jpg

I was just playing Majora's Mask again today, and I noticed something odd as I walked from West Clock Town into South Clock Town. I had already slashed the owl statue in South Clock Town, but when I looked at the statue from the entrance into South Clock from West Clock (so I wasn't quite in North Clock Town yet) I saw that the owl's wings weren't open. A minor Easter egg, but neat none-the-less.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I was just playing Majora's Mask again today, and I noticed something odd as I walked from West Clock Town into South Clock Town. I had already slashed the owl statue in South Clock Town, but when I looked at the statue from the entrance into South Clock from West Clock (so I wasn't quite in North Clock Town yet) I saw that the owl's wings weren't open. A minor Easter egg, but neat none-the-less.

lol, i would not call that an easter egg, but rather a flaw.
something like that is also in oot. like when you are an adult and you are looking to the town from the hyrule castle entrance (with the broken bridge) then you still see hyrule castle town as it original state and also you see hyrule castle itself still standing in stead of ganons tower.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Hm...I have always loved easter eggs and I would always try to find them. Though I can say that I have never seen the fungus in the shape of a controller. Could someone give me a picture of it?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Oh! I discover something new! Something that no one noticed and its not even on the internet guides.

You know the elder goron that you tsumo wrestle right?
Well i was checking his painting pattern on its back and i was suprised

He had the logo of a fire flower from the mario series. (not talking about the common round fire flower)

it looks like this:
fire_flowersmw.jpg

next time check it out and you will see what i mean!

This probably isn't an "easter egg", but I have always though that the Moon in MM was somehow influenced by the asteroid you blast to get to the Black Hole in Star Fox for SNES (if anyone knows what I'm talking about that is).

Here is the asteroid from Star Fox. You would do a special thing to make it appear, then shoot it until it turned into the black hole. Then you go in and thats how you get to the Black Hole level.
asteroid.gif

And here, of course, is the Moon from MM.
The_Majora's_Mask_Moon.jpg

Also, the fact that a Black Hole sucks things up in it is similar to the "I WILL CONSUME ALL" thing about the Moon in MM.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In PH, in the shop in Mercay island where the guy buys you stuff(the one that sometimes says: What?that isn such a triffle...), there is an eye to the right that is exactly like Vaati's eye

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
I played Link's Awakening recently, and in a dungeon (i forget if it's the first or second), there were mario monsters! There was Thwomps, Shy Guys, Piranha Plants and Goombas! In Minish Cap, there were some Lakitus, but I didn't notic until now.

150px-Shyguy.jpg
shy guy
180px-Piranha_Plant.jpg
pirhanna plant
100px-Goomba3d.jpg
goomba
100px-Lakitu.jpg
lakitu

I didn't add a thwomp pic because of a 4-picture limit.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
image.php

here's the thwomp...

Top4_Large.gif

and look, all the way to the right... it's vaati's eye..and look, behind him there's a gossip stone and to the left what looks like a variant of the Sheikah symbol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom