• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Easter Eggs

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
In MM there is a line up of 5 masks that clearly resemble starfox characters
keaton mask -> starfox
bremen mask -> falco
bunny hood -> peppy
don gero mask -> slippy
mask of scents -> pigma

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
In TP the guy in the star game thing in castle town is said to resemble tingle (I don't think so.)
purlo.jpg

Also, tingle is on a sign post in PH (can't remember where.) Finally, In Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Teddy Todo is said to resemble a Goron once he becomes a Drifter Bodyguard.
Teddy4.gif

Some nice Tingle easter eggs there ;).

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I can't believe no one has mentioned the masks from MM and OoT in figurine place on WW, but if you look to the left of the guy that makes the figurines you can see the Bunny Hood, the Keaton mask, the All Night mask, and the Goron mask hung on the wall.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Now for something completely stupid and it might not even be an Easter Egg, we might just be seeing things.

On my first playthrough of Twilight Princess, my fiance' watched me as I went through the Goron Mines. Suddenly, he exclaims to me "ELO!"

I ask, "Where?"

"Above that doorframe."

I looked where he indicated and, sure enough, there appeared to be the letters "E L O." The way they looked, however, I could not tell if they were intentional or just part of artwork/cracks, something that his eye just caught.

There is the possibilty of it being intentional, however. For those who do not know "ELO" is the common abbreivation for Electric Light Orchestra - a musical group famous for, among many songs, a song called "Twilight."

And, yes, that song is known worldwide. There is a music video to that song that is very famous in anime-fandom circles, done for a Japanese anime/sci fi convention back in the 80s by the people who eventually formed Studio Gainax. If you are wondering about, it just Google or Youtbue "Daicon" and you'll find it.

Unfortunately, I do not have any screenshots and I can't remember where exactly in the Goron Mines this doorframe is.

hsb39

Why so logical?
In MM there is a line up of 5 masks that clearly resemble starfox characters
keaton mask -> starfox
bremen mask -> falco
bunny hood -> peppy
don gero mask -> slippy
mask of scents -> pigma

The Keaton mask is SO Pikachu.

And I think that it's the Moblins in LA that look like Blastoise.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
That guy actually resembles Tingle's human form. Look for yourself.

That is because this is the new game which obviously includes something to do with Tingle's 'human form.' That IS Tingle's 'human form.'

The reason I have been putting 'human form' in inverted commas, is that Tingle is human, and if you think he isn't he certainly is in the beginning of TRR and he looks nothing like this there.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
... right anyway... another one would be in MMs zoras hall when the sound check is taking place before the bands preformance. you can talk to the zora there and he askes you to play a note. after you do that your instrument has been tuned to that key for a little while.

hsb39

Why so logical?
You mean: Blastoise looks like LA's moblins, considering that LA IS much older than pokémon.

Well, yeah. But I wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto influenced Tajiri, or vice versa considering that they are friends, and that Tajiri had those ideas from childhood. But it's most likely just coincidence.

I don't know if this counts, but Zelda's Lullaby in OoT fixes broken signs...

Uhm...the Goombas/Chomp chomp in Link's Awakening. (well let's just say Mario cameos in general in most Zelda games)

hsb39

Why so logical?
Fyer in Twilight Princess has an image of bullet bill from Mario on his sleeve.

Heh... That's pretty threatening.

Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but the market people in WW being Gorons in disguise was good.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I found a Mario picture in Alttp heres the picture of what I found.

Untitled-25.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to delete the thumbnail. Can some on help me keep the picture but delete the thumbnail.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom